Sign in to follow this  
Roy Boy

Albert Kelly

Strong rumour he was drunk and disorderly in Hull last night.

Refused entry to a pub by door staff as he was drunk and apparently "looking for trouble"!!!

Hate to see this sort of thing - hope he is the first and last this silly season!

I remember being in a pub in widnes maybe ten years ago or more and saw three widnes players totally bladdered

I thought oh they must be injured

All three were playing the next day

We lost

I think they are entitled to a few sherbets at this time of year and I'm sure the clubs don't mind them having a drink - when they can't handle it and it starts to impinge on players and clubs reputations, then it's out of order and needs punishing.

I'm not just having a go because it's Kelly - Hull FC have had their fare share over the years too.

What annoys me is we always stuck together and if somebody stepped over the mark there was someone to reign it back and diffuse the situation without any harm being done (much like the fans do).

Where were the rest ?

Edited by Roy Boy

This thread is going to get locked unless someone provides a source.

This thread is going to get locked unless someone provides a source.

How does one of the people he threatened sound?

I don't know. How does one of the people he threatened sound? I must say it seems you get better Christmas crackers than the ones in our house Roy.

"alreet, you that feller from t'Rervers?.....I ate Rervers ah do!....hang on - ah were only messin!!.......eh steady lad - not the face!!" 

"alreet, you that feller from t'Rervers?.....I ate Rervers ah do!....hang on - ah were only messin!!.......eh steady lad - not the face!!"

Take the P out of the accent if you must chuffer but at least get in the ballpark. Hull people, unlike Greater Mancunians/Cheshire Cats/Scousers/Lancastrians, or whatever you call yourselves this week, never shorten the word 'the' to a single letter t. That's for Wessies and your side of the hill. And we'd never say 'the Rovers' or 'alreet' either. ;)

• Like 1

I actually quite like the Hull and East Riding accent - much softer, pleasant (and less thick sounding :ph34r: ) than the West Yorks accent.

Has a slight tinge of the Teeside about it too which I also like. 

As a Hull FC fan I always find the fishbowl that is a night out in Hull for these lads a bit sad. The rumors went from anything from him assaulting someone and being arrested to just being a bit of a dick and thrown out of a club - somewhat of a difference. The rumors also had it two FC players involved in a scuffle same night at the same club so hard to get any moral high ground on this one. Generally speaking I think all the lads do quite well given they just want to have a few drinks before the season starts and will no doubt get baited by some idiots from the other side. Guess they are just young lads hopefully having one night out and doing no worse than people in other jobs - as was said hopefully nothing worse than someone senior in the squad having a quite word to calm down a bit needed.

As a Hull FC fan I always find the fishbowl that is a night out in Hull for these lads a bit sad. The rumors went from anything from him assaulting someone and being arrested to just being a bit of a dick and thrown out of a club - somewhat of a difference. The rumors also had it two FC players involved in a scuffle same night at the same club so hard to get any moral high ground on this one. Generally speaking I think all the lads do quite well given they just want to have a few drinks before the season starts and will no doubt get baited by some idiots from the other side. Guess they are just young lads hopefully having one night out and doing no worse than people in other jobs - as was said hopefully nothing worse than someone senior in the squad having a quite word to calm down a bit needed.

Any particular reason your username is a 1950s dance?

Hahaha I thoroughly enjoyed that!

I actually quite like the Hull and East Riding accent - much softer, pleasant (and less thick sounding :ph34r: ) than the West Yorks accent.

Has a slight tinge of the Teeside about it too which I also like. 

There are definite similarities. The East and North Ridings are on one side of what linguists refer to as the Humber-Lune line and the West Riding is on the other. In linguistic terms, the dialects of the East and North Ridings are true northern dialects whereas the West Riding dialect is a midland dialect.

Yorkshire dialect an explanation

• Like 1

Any particular reason your username is a 1950s dance?

Ha - needs to be added to the Hull language guide

There are definite similarities. The East and North Ridings are on one side of what linguists refer to as the Humber-Lune line and the West Riding is on the other. In linguistic terms, the dialects of the East and North Ridings are true northern dialects whereas the West Riding dialect is a midland dialect.

Yorkshire dialect an explanation

interesting - cheers

"He spilt ma drah whart wharn".

It would be mi (very short flat i) but then again who drinks whart wharn in 'Ull? Tarts, that's who. Whart wharn is a tart's drink. Awluss 'as bin awluss will be.

It would be mi (very short flat i) but then again who drinks whart wharn in 'Ull? Tarts, that's who. Whart wharn is a tart's drink. Awluss 'as bin awluss will be.

So it's a popular drink then?!!