Sheffield away

Keep The Faith

With a full time squad they are using this to their advantage. By playing a night fixture our part time lads will have done a full day of graft before travelling down there. Tactics from Mr Aston as ever.

exactly its ridiculous and i bet they do most of there fixtures on a friday night too

Well they did used to play many games on Fridays when they were at the DVS, so it may not be a cunning ploy, more to do with the availability of the stadium.

(I never thought I'd find myself making excuses for Sheffield - please forgive me.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well they did used to play many games on Fridays when they were at the DVS, so it may not be a cunning ploy, more to do with the availability of the stadium.

(I never thought I'd find myself making excuses for Sheffield - please forgive me.)

of course its a ploy, as was said before, there full time now, and most teams in championship will of done a full days work before going to play on a friday

of course its a ploy, as was said before, there full time now, and most teams in championship will of done a full days work before going to play on a friday

You obviously know better than me, so when they played Fridays at DVS it was also a ploy was it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You obviously know better than me, so when they played Fridays at DVS it was also a ploy was it?

No, it was a ploy to deny most of the spectators any kind of decent view of the match, as the sun slowly sank in the west, it blinded everyone in the stand! That way, there were no witnesses to Aston's dastardly tactics that he invariably employed as he knew it was the only way they evil Eagles could defeat the Gallant Bulldogs! 

No, it was a ploy to deny most of the spectators any kind of decent view of the match, as the sun slowly sank in the west, it blinded everyone in the stand! That way, there were no witnesses to Aston's dastardly tactics that he invariably employed as he knew it was the only way they evil Eagles could defeat the Gallant Bulldogs!

it wouldnt of bothered him distant, after all they he does call himself blind side lol

it wouldnt of bothered him distant, after all they he does call himself blind side lol

Oh my aching sides.

I disagree with you Billy - is that a problem or simply a function of forums?

Steady on, BSJ.

I like to flatter myself that we're a pretty broad-minded lot on this forum.

Most of us can probably forgive your gross pedantry, being Coolie's great-grandfather, and even being a Dewsbury supporter.

But standing up for the Seagulls...?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• 3 weeks later...

With a full time squad they are using this to their advantage. By playing a night fixture our part time lads will have done a full day of graft before travelling down there. Tactics from Mr Aston as ever.

Just to let you know that at 3pm today,a Sunday,Sheffield eagles defeated a side who presumably had not done a days graft prior to the game.

Perhaps a night fixture does not present too much of an advantage because,joyously,a part-time side was able to defeat an opposition who are full time,and have been for considerably longer than Sheffield Eagles.They may even have spent slightly more money for a number of international players.( They do like to spend a lot - and they're consistent

they were losing consecutive games at the end of last season.)

I would like to congratulate that set of players and coaching staff - whoever they are.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Just to let you know that at 3pm today,a Sunday,Sheffield eagles defeated a side who presumably had not done a days graft prior to the game.

Perhaps a night fixture does not present too much of an advantage because,joyously,a part-time side was able to defeat an opposition who are full time,and have been for considerably longer than Sheffield Eagles.They may even have spent slightly more money for a number of international players.( They do like to spend a lot - and they're consistent

they were losing consecutive games at the end of last season.)

I would like to congratulate that set of players and coaching staff - whoever they are.

Blimey. You contribution to a remarkable win by Batley is to resurrect a 3-week-old thread about Sheffield's game day?

Well done Batley. A terrific performance.

A.C making presumptions as to when part time lads conduct their work. Derek Beaumont was presumptuous and look at how that went! Playing Sheffield at The Mount will be interesting. We are undefeated there this year, a couple of your ex players will have a point to prove and the infamous slope could come as a shock to you as it did to the prima donnas of Leigh.

Archived