Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Those nice tories

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was very amusing to hear " Pipsqueak Gove " re-ratting regarding Boris Johnson on radio 4 this morning. The bloke really is shameless, he has no moral compass what so ever.

In other words, he's a Tory.

• Like 2

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

In other words, he's a Tory.

Well the number of Tories that fit that bill is almost all of the Parliamentary party I'm afraid. The " One Nation " Tories are becoming an extinct species.

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

While from one point of view the total disarray and disintegration of the Tory party is quite amusing they are (supposedly) the party in power and government and for the good of the country she should walk and walk right now, this minute. As things stand nothing can get done; as long as she remains the government remains in total portrayals. Her stubbornness is killing the country. I always thought Cameron was a poor leader but May  has surpassed him by some distance. She most definitely wins the award for worst PM in my lifetime (so far; we have yet to see her successor).

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

How long before the end?  EU results day on Sunday?  Before the end of the month?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Rumours swirling that her reign of strength and stability could end tonight.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Has she taken Larry hostage yet?

No! You have it all wrong. Larry has taken her hostage and is holding her for ransom. So far, nobody is willing to pay the ransom of a saucer of milk, but there is still time.

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I wonder if she’ll take the nuclear option of releasing all the dodgy pics she has of the Cabinet in compromising acts?  After all, what other excuse has the party for not getting shot of her earlier?

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

They rest on the assumption that she can be persuaded to compromise. So I admire the optimism of some people.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Doubt it, she's scheduling meetings to meet Brady on Friday according to the news. 

Looks like Boris Johnson is moving, his house is up on Rightmove, must be confident of moving into a furnished place, looks like he's already put his stuff into storage, wonder where he's off to!

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Another one for the dustbin of history. The way the Tories are going history will need a new dustbin soon.

Pretty obvious that she’s doing it to force an leadership election.

I think it was Iain Dale who said a quick leadership campaign was to Johnson’s advantage.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

18 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Pretty obvious that she’s doing it to force an leadership election.

I think it was Iain Dale who said a quick leadership campaign was to Johnson’s advantage.  

No other members of the pizza club have quit yet - having to park the cheap Domino's gags for a while!

Will she survive until tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Will she survive until tomorrow?

Sounds like jump or be pushed by Friday, or the strangest game of deal or no deal!

I've gone off the idea of Boris Johnson as Tory leader.  I love his optimism and his ability to inspire on the campaign trail.  Heaven knows the country needs less doom and gloom garbage over Brexit and just about everything else so someone upbeat would be very attractive.  However, I've lost my nerve.  Theresa May has scuppered my sunny uplands view when it comes to so-called Brexiteer MPs and Gove's slimy ways have just doubled down on that.  I'd love to believe that Johnson really is a supporter of Brexit but I'm no longer as sure of that as I once was and so I'm not feeling very strong and stable where Boris is concerned.

I definitely want a Brexiteer as next leader; no more of this remainer 'making the best out of a bad job' type attitude that has pervaded May's reign of disappointment and despair.  But I can't think of anyone with a chance of making the final two who would also bring the upbeat positivity that Johnson would bring.

The Tories has a reputation for being clinical and swift when it came to getting rid of leaders.  Now all you need to do to survive is say you are busy.

12 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I've gone off the idea of Boris Johnson as Tory leader.  I love his optimism and his ability to inspire on the campaign trail.  Heaven knows the country needs less doom and gloom garbage over Brexit and just about everything else so someone upbeat would be very attractive.  However, I've lost my nerve.  Theresa May has scuppered my sunny uplands view when it comes to so-called Brexiteer MPs and Gove's slimy ways have just doubled down on that.  I'd love to believe that Johnson really is a supporter of Brexit but I'm no longer as sure of that as I once was and so I'm not feeling very strong and stable where Boris is concerned.

I definitely want a Brexiteer as next leader; no more of this remainer 'making the best out of a bad job' type attitude that has pervaded May's reign of disappointment and despair.  But I can't think of anyone with a chance of making the final two who would also bring the upbeat positivity that Johnson would bring.

If you rolled all the candidates together you wouldn't have a convincing PM.

14 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

As an outsider looking in, can't see anything but a Johnson win if he makes it to the final two and the membership get there say.

Whilst it looks like a big field, it doesn't to me look like a strong one.  The fact the likes of Raab seem to polling well is a worry as he seems very light weight.

Be interesting to see who the runners are when push comes to shove, of them all Hunt perhaps looks the safest pair of hands, but then the reality is he's probably just a male version of May.

Kuenssberg absolutely glowing tonight. Currently having an orgasm live on BBC TV News. 

• Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Kuenssberg absolutely glowing tonight. Currently having an orgasm live on BBC TV News. 

Oh purlease.  Spare us that image.  I've just had an urge to barf after reading your post.

Edited by Saintslass