Sheffield reaction

town4me

Somebody asked a while back if Sheffield had 14 men on the field. That clip confirms it. It was Keith Senior. In the build up to one of their tries he's seen running up with the Eagles coaching them. Half the time he didn't even take any water on. 

Up to the man in the middle to sort that out,  At the end of the day poor defence lost the match not Keith Senior's input

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet the players won't have enjoyed watching that back in training!

Can't say i did either. 3 men have got to be able to stop one surely....It must be fatigue from so much defending through the game ?

If it's so much of an advantage having someone like senior run on the pitch why don't we do it? It's obviously not against the rules...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Can't say i did either. 3 men have got to be able to stop one surely....It must be fatigue from so much defending through the game ?

yes they had the ball for 9 more sets than us of which 6 were in the 2nd half so fatigue in defence could be the reason

If it's so much of an advantage having someone like senior run on the pitch why don't we do it? It's obviously not against the rules...

I always thought it was against the rules for non playing personnel to enter the field of play without good reason. It was obvious that Senior was carrying instructions rather than water but that ref.allowed Sheffield so much leeway with forward passes,lying on etc.that he was never going to warn them about that. Yes, I know we underperformed but that scoreline does us an injustice . Lets start sending Butch or Jonty  on and see if we get away with it.

I always thought it was against the rules for non playing personnel to enter the field of play without good reason. It was obvious that Senior was carrying instructions rather than water but that ref.allowed Sheffield so much leeway with forward passes,lying on etc.that he was never going to warn them about that. Yes, I know we underperformed but that scoreline does us an injustice . Lets start sending Butch or Jonty  on and see if we get away with it.

leigh have always been bad for that aswell

They are allowed on for 3 tackles at a time in attack so your boys can do it, trouble is that Senior is a bit too well known so is far more recognisable to fans

they are allowed on the pitch for 3 tackles to do what though mate? Give water out only or other things such as coach and give instructions?

They will get away with it until one ref shows a bit of bottle, assisted by touchies who must also know whats going on. It would only last that game though and it would be same again for the next one until there is a more draconian punishment handed out.

If you need to have a coach on the field as much as Senior, then either your players aren't good enough, or you are not good enough as a coach to communicate your game plan to the players. Either way, this 14th man shouldn't happen.

they are allowed on the pitch for 3 tackles to do what though mate? Give water out only or other things such as coach and give instructions?

Clarification, I hope. The trainer can enter the field of play to administer an interchange. When he does he is allowed to stay on for three tackles in order to reorganise the team following the interchange. They are also allowed to enter the field of play along with water carriers when the referee has called time off due to an injury, after a try has been scored or when the referee has called for the video referee.

Archived