Sign in to follow this  
Peter Moon

BARROW v NORTH WALES CRUSADERS

Come on Barrow! Another away game this Sunday for the lads. Let's not have unnecessary panic sweep through the camp. Everything in place for a win. Good luck guys.

Personally, i'm glad we're out of both Cup Comps at the earliest opportunity. Yes i know there was the opportunity to play in a final and a good day out for the fans etc. But we need to look at the bigger picture. Trying to get out of this league is priority and extra games on top of league games can only mean injuries to deal with, as was demonstrated last weekend. I'm sure we'll see a much improved display this week at Crusaders, now that our 100% focus is now on The League.

Edited by STW

... but we will get through it.   And Barrow can help by travelling in numbers!  Our only income is gate takings as we don't own the ground, or have a clubhouse. So come one, come all and be at the Racecourse on Sunday.. your receive a warm welcome even if its a cold day. Were always glad to welcome Barrow to Wrexham. Looking forward to a couple of hundred of you travelling from Cumbria.

Croeso cynes i pawb. Wellach chi Dydd Sul.

No way rooter2003 - first win of the season for Barrow, and a comfortable one at that :)

Is there such a thing as an uncomfortable win. 

Despite the Crusaders off-field issues they are a tough team to beat and we are not exactly lighting up the sky as yet, if we can strengthen the poor defence then a win is not out of the question, having said that we don't seem to have the imagination to score but last weeks score against the All-Golds show Crusaders are struggling with their defence but are getting over the line so overall it's a bit too close to call.  I think (hope) we can pip them but whichever way it goes there won't be much in it.

Is there such a thing as an uncomfortable win. 

Despite the Crusaders off-field issues they are a tough team to beat and we are not exactly lighting up the sky as yet, if we can strengthen the poor defence then a win is not out of the question, having said that we don't seem to have the imagination to score but last weeks score against the All-Golds show Crusaders are struggling with their defence but are getting over the line so overall it's a bit too close to call.  I think (hope) we can pip them but whichever way it goes there won't be much in it.

Our defence was poor last week but even worse was our discipline. I'd like to think it was the off-field issues that were distraction our players. Hopefully this week our coach, Anthony Murray will have them firing on all cylinders. 

There will be some question about which players have left and which players have remained with the club. Those that have stopped will get 100% support from our fans and will want to put on a belting display.

Stand by for a close game I think.

I don't want to put the kiss of death on us but I think we will win.

Cru are in turmoil and this is one of the games that we need to win this season if we are to make a credible push for promotion. I know one game doesn't make or break a season but if we cannot get the points here it won't auger too well.

I'll think of you all in rainy Wales, I'm in sunny Toulouse ( torrential rain last night and more forecast for today

Edited by Bearman

Skybet have Crusaders with a 10 point start!

Now a 14 point start!

Edited by steve75

It says on the official team sheets Crusaders only have 2 interchanges!

That was true Steve75 - we had 15 players available - incredible dedication from the lads who stayed with us.

Congratulations on your win but for us yesterday was about the survival of our club. Many thanks to the Barrow fans who travelled in numbers and stood and applauded the Crusaders fans at the end of the game - a fantastic gesture that was very much appreciated.... and to the Oldham lads who came down to support us too. Lets hope we can get some financial stability and ensure we have a club building for a brighter future.

Now that the rush had died down!

I apologise to the Crusaders for not turning up yesterday, as it was Mother's Day my wife decided I wasn't bothered about going, I'm sure all the mothers out their will understand the logic.

It looks like the game was won, and lost, in the first 40 mins, a 22-0 deficit is a hard ask, but the Crusaders despite only having two subs won the 2nd half at a time we should have expected them to begin to run out of energy and therefore credit must go to the Welsh lads who obviously showed great determination and were proud to wear their shirts, well done lads for not giving it up.

It is a slightly bitter, sweet victory, I would always want my home team to win but it is at the expense of a club in desperate trouble who could do with a good run of wins to get the supporters through the gate to hopefully save the club, we have been there on more than one occasion and it's an awful position to be in, I wish you every success.  

Edited by SJD

I don't want to put the kiss of death on us but I think we will win.

Cru are in turmoil and this is one of the games that we need to win this season if we are to make a credible push for promotion. I know one game doesn't make or break a season but if we cannot get the points here it won't auger too well.

I'll think of you all in rainy Wales, I'm in sunny Toulouse ( torrential rain last night and more forecast for today

Ron, how was the Toulouse outfit at the weekend? Do they look like a good side?

Yes, they are very professional both on and off the field.

I can only compare them with the teams we have played so far, All Golds, Rochdale and Keighley.

They were the best we have played so far.

Our forwards matched them but we had no answer to their speed in the halves and backs.

Their backing up was superb.

That was our first experience of an overseas trip and it was hard.

It will be interesting to see how they cope with the travel, that may well be their Achilles Heel.

Edited by Bearman