Sign in to follow this  
Bomb Jack

Will Widnes do a Leicester?

Does anyone think we'll still be in with a shout come the end of the season?

I think our next 3/4 games will go a long way to where we end up. Wigan away, Wire away, Saints at home, then Catalans away.

If we pick up 2 wins from 4 i'll be happy.

Edited by Bomb Jack

They probably won't win the premier league, no.

I think they're in with a shout the way they're playing!

Will Widnes do a Leicester? They already have!

Does anyone think we'll still be in with a shout come the end of the season?

I think our next 3/4 games will go a long way to where we end up. Wigan away, Wire away, Saints at home, then Catalans away.

If we pick up 2 wins from 4 i'll be happy.

Yes I really hope so though not a Vikings fan, good te see a diiferent team at the top, SL was and maybe still is in danger of becoming the most tedious league in any sport, in terms of its outcome!

Well personally I hope either Leicester or Spurs win the Premiership. There's nothing worse than the same teams winning the same Trophy's year after year.

Widnes and another team usually not in the mix in the top 4 would be great.

Yes I really hope so though not a Vikings fan, good te see a diiferent team at the top, SL was and maybe still is in danger of becoming the most tedious league in any sport, in terms of its outcome!

Maybe you need to check out some of Europe's major football leagues Oxo.

will Leicester even "do a Leicester"?

Are they wobbling? Maybe Leicestershireshire will do a Huddersfield and not quite deliver. Edited by Johnoco

The problem is RL is very different to soccer. Because it's such a high impact sport you can very quickly amas a number of long term injuries. This is where the smaller clubs are at a disadvantage having smaller squads topped up with lonees. They only have a chance if they can stay relatively injury free.

Widnes have been thouroghly entertaining with a great brand of football being displayed, if they can keep injury free and tighten up in a couple of areas they are in charge of their own destiny, and how refreshing it would be if they can get in the top 4, I for one hope that they can keep it going, and especially this week, if they can get a result at the Dale Winton Stadium they need fear no one.

If we've still only lost one after Easter Monday then we can start a thread lol.

The 8 is still our priority and I think we've given ourselves a great chance of making it.

Widnes have made a great start, and are playing well, but i don't think they can sustain it, but then again, people said that about us in 2013!

Widnes and Salford are both doing well and playing attractive rugby, despite playing in the dreaded middle 8s last year. I hope they do well to put to bed the SL only being 8 teams point, but I do think the likes of Hudds and Leeds will have a big pish in coming weeks.

Well personally I hope either Leicester or Spurs win the Premiership. There's nothing worse than the same teams winning the same Trophy's year after year.

Widnes and another team usually not in the mix in the top 4 would be great.

Agreed. The last thing SL needs is the same teams winning year on year, and clubs with a predominance of overseas players - how so ever categorised.

Maybe you need to check out some of Europe's major football leagues Oxo.

Hello deluded is this just something you recommend or does it illustrate something?

Edited by Oxford

Widnes and Salford are both doing well and playing attractive rugby, despite playing in the dreaded middle 8s last year. I hope they do well to put to bed the SL only being 8 teams point, but I do think the likes of Hudds and Leeds will have a big pish in coming weeks.

Not just in the coming weeks. Huddersfield and Leeds have been pish all season so far.

Not just in the coming weeks. Huddersfield and Leeds have been pish all season so far.

Letting the shed get the better of you there Red John, looking at the table two teams may be in the bottom four as an expectation but two are not likely to stay there and that means someone else has to fill those places!

Edited by Oxford

I think it's refreshing to see a different team at the top.Better competition and I love an underdog. Being an Oldham fan I'm used to it.:-) .

Super League has had two "Leicester" moments in the last few years. The first came in 2013, when Huddersfield finished top of the league. The even bigger moment came in 2014, when Castleford came within one win of finishing top.

But because of the huge focus on the play offs, the attention shifts away from them and back to the top sides. If the Premier League had a play off system, Leicester's chances of winning would reduce.

For what it's worth, Widnes will be aiming for the top 8, and are now in a great position to get it.

I thought we were told the new system would see the same sides in the top 8 all the time?

With that in mind, Widnes and Salford will lose a fair few now to restore balance.

Hello deluded is this just something you recommend or does it illustrate something?

Perhaps he was referring to say the Spanish league, won by only 6 different clubs in the 60 years since Warrington last won our league (compared with almost 20 different RL clubs in the same period) and only 3 in the past decade?

Or the Bundesliga, won by Bayern Munchen 14 of the last 20 seasons? Or French ligue 1, won by PSG yesterday with a 9-0 win and 2 months left in the season, their fourth consecutive title.

Superleague looks pretty unpredictable in comparison.