Sign in to follow this  
henage

Park Run

10 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

It really depends; it was my wife’s first marathon and she got herself round in a very respectable 5hrs 15mins. She found it very hard and a few folk thought she was nuts attempting it as her first. But it is doable but don’t expect any PBs and not to hurt for a few days! 😂

I was originally planning on doing my first marathon next month but unfortunately a change of job means I can't now do it so looking for something to replace it. I'm not sure how much time for training I'll get in now so it might be best to opt for the half and aim for a full next spring.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a good think about it.

47 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

I was originally planning on doing my first marathon next month but unfortunately a change of job means I can't now do it so looking for something to replace it. I'm not sure how much time for training I'll get in now so it might be best to opt for the half and aim for a full next spring.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a good think about it.

All the best whatever you decide. The half marathon will still be a great challenge and fantastic place to run.

• Thanks 1

Completed the Lakeland 50-miler yesterday (well 0241hrs this morning). 15hrs and 11mins. Feeling a bit tender today...

• Like 8

On 7/29/2018 at 10:54 PM, GeordieSaint said:

Completed the Lakeland 50-miler yesterday (well 0241hrs this morning). 15hrs and 11mins. Feeling a bit tender today...

Claps

• Like 1

First ever 'race' on Saturday - 07:30 start

Wife booked us into a French restaurant on Friday night so that helps..

• Like 3

Well. I really enjoyed that. 10k in the mud on a tough course; lots of gradient and tough terain, including a massive swampy bit of grass which i really did get excited about. It even rained to make me feel at home.

Egg sarnies and watching the NRL from the pool as a reward. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Well. I really enjoyed that. 10k in the mud on a tough course; lots of gradient and tough terain, including a massive swampy bit of grass which i really did get excited about. It even rained to make me feel at home.

Egg sarnies and watching the NRL from the pool as a reward. 

Well done mate, and sounds like you've enjoyed it. I run better in the rain and mud rather than the recent hot, dry conditions. My best run was in minus 2, snowing and also in the dark (can't see the hills!)

Where was the event?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaun mc said:

Well done mate, and sounds like you've enjoyed it. I run better in the rain and mud rather than the recent hot, dry conditions. My best run was in minus 2, snowing and also in the dark (can't see the hills!)

Where was the event?

Around hindhede nature reserve in Singapore. 

23 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Around hindhede nature reserve in Singapore. 

Nice one. A bit of competition is certainly a huge step up from just doing the training as well

Started running again in May and set myself a target to beat 25 minutes for a Park Run for the first time. It's not amazing by any stretch but I was made up to do it in 24 minutes 36 seconds today. 

I feel like I've been pretty much the only person in the country not enjoying the warm weather as I hate running in the heat. Today was like a revelation, cool and bucketed it down and I felt like I could've ran all day. Got a massive stitch with about 500m to go that nearly derailed me but I hung on.

• Like 8

On 8/26/2018 at 3:52 AM, Maximus Decimus said:

Started running again in May and set myself a target to beat 25 minutes for a Park Run for the first time. It's not amazing by any stretch but I was made up to do it in 24 minutes 36 seconds today. 

I feel like I've been pretty much the only person in the country not enjoying the warm weather as I hate running in the heat. Today was like a revelation, cool and bucketed it down and I felt like I could've ran all day. Got a massive stitch with about 500m to go that nearly derailed me but I hung on.

I attempted the original 'run' i started off with on Saturday. Beat my time by 25 mins or so which was nice, but still outside 1 hour for the 10k (64 mins or something i think it was). I need to wake up at 6am i reckon as the heat has been ferocious recently.

I've been struggling with injury and illness but I'm back training now - it's really hard to pick up again when you're so much slower than you have been (5 minutes away from my 5K PB at the moment)

15 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I've been struggling with injury and illness but I'm back training now - it's really hard to pick up again when you're so much slower than you have been (5 minutes away from my 5K PB at the moment)

I have just started back running again after a lengthy period off through illness, it's frustrating being slow and unfit but it's rewarding seeing the minutes per mile drop off, I've improved by 90 seconds a mile in 2 weeks. I am however still a long way off wher e I'd like to be with at least another 3 minutes per mile to come off.

• Like 1

Plenty of people will buy good quality kit , even if the price is higher than some brands .

I hope he can make a few bob and employ a few people .

I have heard he turned down a low offer from a major brand to take over the Parkrun concept in the early days .

Poland later for parkrun , plus a few beers etc etc .✈️

Edited by henage

Done the Wigan 10k today, despite a finishing time best timed on a calendar than a stopwatch, feel like death tonight, legs in pieces, never again................!!!

• Like 2

I did my 50th different UK parkrun at Chester yesterday, 198th in total

• Like 6

Gdansk parkrun Saturday , didnt get round due to knee hurting like hell .

Everyone else ran well , great course , alongside the Baltic .

Great place for a weekend , plenty to do and very good value . 

Trip down the river was my highlight , massive and I mean massive docks,wharf's , sheds , ramps , ships , factories etc .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, henage said:

Gdansk parkrun Saturday , didnt get round due to knee hurting like hell .

Everyone else ran well , great course , alongside the Baltic .

Great place for a weekend , plenty to do and very good value . 

Trip down the river was my highlight , massive and I mean massive docks,wharf's , sheds , ramps , ships , factories etc .

What's the best page for finding where park runs are?

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

What's the best page for finding where park runs are?

parkrun.org.uk then click on the logo on the top right, pick a country and away you go.

Actually if you zoom any of the country maps out, all of the world parkruns are visible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1