full time swinton

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree MR that comment from Nobby, worries me greatly. I don't know who the had enough was related to but it didn't seem too clever in relation to the club. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.Something is wrong at the club, if its not addressed and sharpish we will be back with the minnows. The silence and lack of comms from the club towards all our fans is shocking.

Tut Tut you will be slagged off by the few Rose Tinted Glasses Brigade that are left on here . . .  All you have said here is what most people have said for the last 17 years , . . . . wake up and smell the coffee , or other foul smelling stuff :(

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Yeah I was stood nearby. Although I didn't hear exactly what was said I think it started with the ungiven 40-20's.

Its no use now i know, but i assume that CH still pays someone to video all matches for Spanner to studyt at the very least. This video should be sent to The RFL as proof ( if what you claim is correct ) that there was more than one 40-20 not given and an official complaint should be made . However did Swinton have any not given ???

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

think mr.hamilton needs to get whitebank up to standard for next season, because if this team does not have a massive turn around we will be going back down, and we will be going back to our old patch [whitebank] I dread to think what will happen against batley on sunday, but hey lets see, but it aint looking good for us, sorry for doom and gloom.

I feel for Naylor having to try and put out a competitive side in the last two matches. This was

evidenced more so yesterday. No wingers, one centre goes off injured, no second row, players having

to play out of position and a shortage at prop.

It was obvious at the start of the season when we lost two players, that the squad was too small and

the outside backs were too slow for this level. I suppose CH is to blame but as they say hindsight is a wonderful thing.

However, the players out there yesterday should have beaten a very ordinary side. what upset me most

was Oldham's inability to tackle or to put something on to trouble Swinton. We had more chances than

them to score in the first half but sadly looked clueless.

I will be there next Sunday praying that we can keep Batley down to less than 24 at half-time and hopethe payers regain the effort and pride in the shirt that was shown against London and Dewsbury

earlier in the season.

I do shudder to think about Batley on Sunday. But all we can do is hope and pray for some type of miracle. There's not much we can do other than back the team. But yes in my opinion, the squad is woefully too small but that's down to money and there's only one person in charge of that.Let's give the boys all the support we can.

think mr.hamilton needs to get whitebank up to standard for next season, because if this team does not have a massive turn around we will be going back down, and we will be going back to our old patch [whitebank] I dread to think what will happen against batley on sunday, but hey lets see, but it aint looking good for us, sorry for doom and gloom.

I really fear for Oldham if they return to Whitebank in its present state. Is it being maintained? if not? what then?

But hopefully you'll manage to stay up and remain at Bower Fold.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

I really fear for Oldham if they return to Whitebank in its present state. Is it being maintained? if not? what then?

But hopefully you'll manage to stay up and remain at Bower Fold.

There is a family fun day at Whitebank next weekend to raise funds to improve the social club :ohmy: !

Refs at this level are ###### anyway.My dog who's 13 and going blind would do a better job.

LOL...i dont think its just that level....I was at the Widnes/Saints match yesterday....Mr Silverwoods decision making was dire to say the least...just a shame that widnes playing wasnt their best either!!

Tut Tut you will be slagged off by the few Rose Tinted Glasses Brigade that are left on here . . .  All you have said here is what most people have said for the last 17 years , . . . . wake up and smell the coffee , or other foul smelling stuff :(

ah but you know you love me, and that this forum would be boring without me :D

Hello there Moorside Roughyed, I wouldn't fear about Batley, ye they are scoring points but also they are shipping points as well.

It could make for an interesting afternoon, I will be across on Sunday, her who must be obeyed is away for the weekend.

Cheers Roger(Batley fan).

We always knew the Championship would be a step up in quality and speed...with no easybeats...Chris still has time to save the season...I hope he does as I think its Vital to stay in the Championship.

To drag through this season finish bottom and return to Whitebank and Championship one would be hard to bear...

A certain half back who will remain nameless travels to Lancashire 4 times a week in anticipation that this club has the substance to remain in the Championship and justify why he signed for the club in the first place. He is a proud lad and for the life of him cannot understand why the team doesn't kick on from the first whistle and put the fear of god into their opposition, its all down to a winning mentality and confidence the lads are lacking at the moment which must be driving SN round the bend.  They have the talent to do just that so the more you get behind them at this frustrating period of time the better, another good performance on Sunday could just be the tonic everyone is looking for bodies are thin on the ground as you well know at the moment but never give up on lads there's a long way to go yet so get on those terraces and shout your lungs out, pride in the shirt lads no guts no glory.

chappy

He cant get Whitebank up to standard as he doesnt own it. He's had over 5 years to get work done and he hasnt. He's only the Tenant. The only building work that will be carried out on Whitebank Road are those new Houses. Wish people would wake up and see the real picture. ORLFC wont be going anywhere soon while that Man rules the roost.

I'm not intending to knock the team and club while it's down, but, if we were relegated, would we be allowed back at Whiteback. We received dispensation from the RFL to play there, and that lasted for five years, during which time almost nothing was done to upgrade the tip. We would need to reapply to play there again, and, given the number of clubs that detest the place, would we be allowed to move back? So, maybe there's the nightmare scenario of relegation, coach and players leaving and nowhere to play. Oh, joy. But, never mind, the most important thing surely is that Hamilton would still be in charge! Let's all rejoice!

Incidentally, if Geoff Cooke, in an earlier post, is right about Latics wanting £5k per game rent for using Boundary park, if my maths is right, that works out at about 350 to 400 species per game. Is that not what we're losing at Stalybridge? Playing out of town never works and Hamilton, for one, should know that. We found that out at Hurst Cross in 2002, when the numbers of species lost per game (between 800 and 900) roughly equated to the extra rent Chris Moore was trying to extort from us for playing at BP.

Hi Suzzy.I bet he's wondering what he got himself into isn't he?.Poor sod.We beleive the team can do it,the big question is-Do they believe that they can do it.I suppose they've got to adopt a seige mentality and just though the kitchen sink at every team we come up against. Proper backs against the walls stuff.

I think everyone has gone a bit hysterical. The last month or so has been very disappointing losing three winnable games in a row but there are so many games left to play. We have the best coach to turn this around. And we are still outside of the relegation zone.

Get Lepori back at full back. Buy a winger. Another prop to go with Spencer Ward and Joy. Stop picking three hookers and then wondering why we dont have any go forward. Get Langtree fit. Sort out the Crowley situation. Theres a lot wrong at the minute but it can all be rectified. 

Bring on Batley

Forwards ain't a problem imho, we just signed Burke and Dickinson on DR both props, plenty of cover in the back row and LF too. Our biggest problem,made worse now losing Holmes is we have no cover at centre,wing,stand off. Grimmer and Ropes cover 7 but we are so short on backs its untrue. I personally thought we should have moved Palf to FB on Sunday and put Grimmer at 6 and Kenny at 7. Sammy moved to centre,so at least we would have had a back line resembling something like. To put Gaz Owen at full back and fair play to him for stepping up there was a mistake imo. But while we are so thin on players its a case of mend and make do. Until we get some more bodies in even if they are loans etc we will struggle in this league. The lads who had to play out of position did the best they could,I can't and won't fault the effort. We are in big trouble if we don't sign/get players fit soon,it stands to reason players must also be playing with bumps and knocks too, at some point percentages say cumulative knocks will become more major as games go by. Until the squad is added to,we will struggle. That's not negative,just simple fact.

Forwards ain't a problem imho, we just signed Burke and Dickinson on DR both props, plenty of cover in the back row and LF too. Our biggest problem,made worse now losing Holmes is we have no cover at centre,wing,stand off. Grimmer and Ropes cover 7 but we are so short on backs its untrue. I personally thought we should have moved Palf to FB on Sunday and put Grimmer at 6 and Kenny at 7. Sammy moved to centre,so at least we would have had a back line resembling something like. To put Gaz Owen at full back and fair play to him for stepping up there was a mistake imo. But while we are so thin on players its a case of mend and make do. Until we get some more bodies in even if they are loans etc we will struggle in this league. The lads who had to play out of position did the best they could,I can't and won't fault the effort. We are in big trouble if we don't sign/get players fit soon,it stands to reason players must also be playing with bumps and knocks too, at some point percentages say cumulative knocks will become more major as games go by. Until the squad is added to,we will struggle. That's not negative,just simple fact.

Palfrey started his time at Batley as a full back, but personally thought he was better in the halves.

Still he has some experience at FB if you're struggling with injuries.

If it's any consolation Batley have two centres out with medium-term injuries.

Hope to make my first visit to Stalybridge on Sunday.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived