Kendall

Phil Loxton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was no surprise to me what this guy would do after last season's performance in the same fixture.How many times were players off side during this game without being penalised?

He was the same for Dewsbury against Batley the other week. Batley played offside all game and Kendall didn't seem interested.

When the referee ignores constant offside from both sides all through the game  and then straight after Featherstone had fought back to be in a winning position with just two minutes left blew up after aprox, twenty seconds with  Taluapapa streaking for the line after a one on one ball steal to hand Halifax victory with a penalty under the posts is very questionable.

It seems that a pre determined outcome was taken after Lilley had dropped the field goal that put Rovers in front. Too many games are being decided by Referees instead of the skill levels of both teams and ultimately could cause people to lose their jobs. If the coach complains about the Refs, performance then the RFL close ranks and fine the offending coach. It is not too much to ask for impartiality with the odd genuine mistake that the official makes.

Shame on you Mr. Kendall

M.J.Thornton

Could it just be that Mr Kendall had noticed John Davies getting at G Moore every time he had the ball in the second half, he'd penalised him for a so-called high tackle about 5 minutes earlier, and at the next opportunity he was going to blow because of his tenacity in tackling G Moore. It just leaves a bad taste after both sides had given their all in an entertaining game. Keep your heads held high lads you've nothing to reproach yourselves for.

Could it just be that Mr Kendall had noticed John Davies getting at G Moore every time he had the ball in the second half, he'd penalised him for a so-called high tackle about 5 minutes earlier, and at the next opportunity he was going to blow because of his tenacity in tackling G Moore. It just leaves a bad taste after both sides had given their all in an entertaining game. Keep your heads held high lads you've nothing to reproach yourselves for.

It was a great game. Had Fax dropped an equalising goal everyone would have gone home happy.But to play 30 seconds when Fev won the ball fairly and WOULD surely have scored with the Taulapapa break and then decides I'll go back and give Fax a kick under the sticks.The question is If Fax had dropped a goal would he have disallowed it and given the penalty anyway? absolute corrupt.

It was a great game. Had Fax dropped an equalising goal everyone would have gone home happy.But to play 30 seconds when Fev won the ball fairly and WOULD surely have scored with the Taulapapa break and then decides I'll go back and give Fax a kick under the sticks.The question is If Fax had dropped a goal would he have disallowed it and given the penalty anyway? absolute corrupt.

As frustrating as it must be it will turn out to be the correct decision I feel. I actually think we should have got one the tackle before as the holding down in that tackle was as bad as anything we had seen all afternoon. On the advantage thing the Ref is within his right to play advantage until we cross the advantage line and then he has to make a decision but given the ball was played on the line we were getting that penalty unless we scored a try.

Ps. Personally I would have been gutted with just 1 point and I am sure many Fax fans would have agreed, against a depleted Fev side and after bombing so many chances we would have said it was the story of our season.

The ref was a disgrace and if that is the best we can do official wise then I for one I'm not gonna spend my hard earned to watch a bent ref who before a ball I'd touched has decided who is going to win. Too many times have I seen us robbed. It's a joke.

As usual oxyboy has got it wrong, and that is why crowds are leaving ,if this the standard of refs we have to expect, the game has gone. Kendall was a

cheat and that's the end of it

Refs dont get me started.

I emailed thr rfl last year with no reply stating the absolute abysmal standard of refereeing especially forward passes and suggested they should all be given guide dogs and white sticks.

I have stopped paying out solely because it is the refs who are deciding who wins most matches.

It is the same in super league as I watch every match shown on sky and you can guarantee when one side gets well in front the ref starts giving repeat penalties to help the losing team especially the likes of wigan and leeds and the ill discipline is getting more like football every week with players mouthing off and nothing being done about it take a particular huddersfield player who ought to be sent off most games some might say gotta be careful not to upset the moderators.

Bring back the good old days with 10 yards for mouthing off early baths and anything resembling a forward pass was penalised not to mention players actually playing the ball with their feet ugh the list goes on.

Finally those trotting along the lines with their coloured flags really ought to be given a proper job as they are worse than the refs.

As usual oxyboy has got it wrong, and that is why crowds are leaving ,if this the standard of refs we have to expect, the game has gone. Kendall was a

cheat and that's the end of it

Which bit? As I have said, I know it hurts, but rather than Kendall been lambasted for been a cheat he has actually had the bottle to give a match deciding penalty for a blatant offence that changed the course of the game. The irony been that if Davies had actually got himself somewhere near onside I think we would probably have taken the drop goal rather than been gifted the match.

But WHY did'nt he blow up straight away for the offence instead of letting the play go on for at least 30 sec if an offence was right there should have been no delay in awarding the penalty to fax not ltr after the game had moved on

But WHY did'nt he blow up straight away for the offence instead of letting the play go on for at least 30 sec if an offence was right there should have been no delay in awarding the penalty to fax not ltr after the game had moved on

The amount of time he let play go on before awarding them the match may have cost Fev the time to make a late comeback because the clock was ticking down. He knew exactly what he was doing just like he did in the corresponding fixture last season.

Which bit? As I have said, I know it hurts, but rather than Kendall been lambasted for been a cheat he has actually had the bottle to give a match deciding penalty for a blatant offence that changed the course of the game. The irony been that if Davies had actually got himself somewhere near onside I think we would probably have taken the drop goal rather than been gifted the match.

but he never looked for the offside all the match, there were quite a few occasions in the 2nd half were the fax defender's right at the side of him were 2 yard in front of him, the fans were screaming for offside but never came then he decided to blow up for a match winning off side with 3 minutes to go. Same as numerous fax head shots and shoulder charge from cahlane what ever his name is, went unpunished, then 1 of the best hits of the match from Davis on moore and we get penalised. The blokes as bent as a rats back.

The amount of time he let play go on before awarding them the match may have cost Fev the time to make a late comeback because the clock was ticking down. He knew exactly what he was doing just like he did in the corresponding fixture last season.

I know where you are coming from but in that instance he has to let play go on to see if we score, the ref would have had very little idea about the time remaining. I think what may have been interesting is if the hooter went during the play whether he would have given the same penalty.

Im sure although gutted about losing Jon Sharp will be more focussing on Fevs celebrations after the drop goal leading to them not been set correctly to defend the short kick off. Fev defend that and they win the game. We actually almost did the same thing, Tyrer did not take a minute over his kick when Fev should have been kicking off with 30 seconds to go and although our players did not celebrate ala Fev we still almost lost the ball from the kick off.

but he never looked for the offside all the match, there were quite a few occasions in the 2nd half were the fax defender's right at the side of him were 2 yard in front of him, the fans were screaming for offside but never came then he decided to blow up for a match winning off side with 3 minutes to go. Same as numerous fax head shots and shoulder charge from cahlane what ever his name is, went unpunished, then 1 of the best hits of the match from Davis on moore and we get penalised. The blokes as bent as a rats back.

But he did penalise offside on numerous occasions in the game. It frustrates fans because players are offside on almost every play and it would not make for a good game if the ref gave a penalty on every play but they sometimes almost feel random the ones they do give but they are taught to coach players to get back onside which is wrong I feel. They have to give the ones though where play ends up been dictated by a player been offside like in that penalty on the line where we had to shift right because Davies was that far offside. Its the same for both teams though and we were moaning about markers not stood square for most of the game but I am sure Halifax were just as bad but we only see it one way.

Archived