Broken time payments - who pays?

IM2

so toronto in the league. who pays for the players lost wages and spending money when in Canada? understand costs such as travel, food and accommodation are covered. however some players maybe can't afford a mid season holiday. 

maybe a few more 'loonies' will be needed than first thought?

so toronto in the league. who pays for the players lost wages and spending money when in Canada? understand costs such as travel, food and accommodation are covered. however some players maybe can't afford a mid season holiday.

What other costs?

Think people are going over the top here! The players will have to take 2 days max off work and unless self employed will get holiday pay for them. You cant tell me the players wont be excited about it. Instead of all the fans getting on their high horse maybe ask the players of the clubs who will be in the league if they will enjoy flying to canada and get paid for playing rugby league

Instead of all the fans getting on their high horse maybe ask the players of the clubs who will be in the league if they will enjoy flying to canada and get paid for playing rugby league

I have been making a point of doing just that.

I've yet to find a player that doesn't want to go to Canada.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

BARLA seem to manage overseas tours, their players don't even get paid for the privilege.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I see you as a strong point.

Even if they don't get paid for the 2 days they have to take off work, it's 4 days where their meals are all paid for, which should help

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Even if they don't get paid for the 2 days they have to take off work, it's 4 days where their meals are all paid for, which should help

That's fine but who's going to make the poor dears a packed lunch for the coach ride to the airport. What if they get to Canada and then want a pack of wotsits who's going to pay to fly the wotsits over. These are the issues that need to be sorted out.

Archived