Sign in to follow this  
The Game Caller

24/7/26 - Featherstone Rovers vs Bradford Bulls - The £500,000 Game

Fev weren't shafted by Nahaboo, they were IMHO led on by the RFL to spend money to set up Superleague standard facilities and then the RFL threw that all out of the window. Nobody is arguing Fev should not have taken the DR route.

Tactic 1 Throw keyboard warrior insults

Tactic 2 Keep widening the point at hand to other issues to ignore the actual issue

Tactic 3. to tell everyone what I think and then condemn it.

Well your wrong and are scrabbling for something use to have a go over because you know as well as I do Featherstone Rovers perform the function of being Leeds "A" team.

P.S. My actual thoughts on the Bulls repeated many times are not the made up ones you provide, they are that they have a big fan base and have a "superb academy" as Mr. Sadler said today (see above).

Superleague is far far poorer without them, and Leeds are poorer for not having those great derbies. You really are mean spirited today Terry!

So 7 players all season amounts to an A team? No wonder leeds got rid of theirs, they didn't have enough players to put a full team out

So 7 players all season amounts to an A team? No wonder leeds got rid of theirs, they didn't have enough players to put a full team out

If LeeF likes this you must be right.

Your as embarrassed as Terry about the situation and so you try to pretend that, Fev are Fev and Leeds are Leeds and there's nothing untoward, even though so many clubs and fans think DR is a nonsense.

Personally I'm not bothered and it's all in the rules (except when Hetherington broke them with the contracts containing buy back clauses).

But even Uncle Gary himself admits that his arrangement with Fev is in Lieue of Leeds running a full reserve team.

He clearly, as you point out needs somewhere for seven players to get game time, develop, and come back from injury and that is the function of any "A"/reserve team.

Perhaps you, or LeeF if he will get off the fence, will explain why you feel Featherstone are a wholly  independant team when they have seven Leeds players playing and are performing the functions of a reserve team, something Hetherington openly admits?

Yes Featherstone function as a championship club but at the same time function as a limited "A" team for Leeds. It isn't one or the other it's both.

No more glib one line replies based on last post wins, or ticking the like box guys, make a coherent argument as to how Featherstone are an independent team from Leeds

Your as embarrassed as Terry about the situation and so you try to pretend that, Fev are Fev and Leeds are Leeds and there's nothing untoward, even though so many clubs and fans think DR is a nonsense.

Personally I'm not bothered and it's all in the rules (except when Hetherington broke them with the contracts containing buy back clauses).

But even Uncle Gary himself admits that his arrangement with Fev is in Lieue of Leeds running a full reserve team.

He clearly, as you point out needs somewhere for seven players to get game time, develop, and come back from injury and that is the function of any "A"/reserve team.

Perhaps you, or LeeF if he will get off the fence, will explain why you feel Featherstone are a wholly  independant team when they have seven Leeds players playing and are performing the functions of a reserve team, something Hetherington openly admits?

Yes Featherstone function as a championship club but at the same time function as a limited "A" team for Leeds. It isn't one or the other it's both.

No more glib one line replies based on last post wins, or ticking the like box guys, make a coherent argument as to how Featherstone are an independent team from Leeds

I've really rattled you haven't I

Obviously you can't work out that 7 isn't 17

That's 7 players over a season not in one game

Taking your "logic" to the end when Paul Prendiville played a full season on loan at Leeds did that make Leeds the A Team for Hull?

There have never been 7 Leeds players playing for Featherstone Rovers at the same time, that's a distortion and you know it is.  Some games earlier this season we were down to 17 fit players, and yet we still came through.  Accept it Parky, Fev are there on their own efforts, because they are good enough to be there, the same as last season I accepted that we were not good enough.  That's what P&R proves, you are either good enough, or you aren't.

But you're making out that fev are at the beck and call of Leeds and thats simply not true, Leeds haven't been sending players down to regain form or fitness or for game time, as far I can see we've had one player on loan for the season and the rest have been used as cover mostly for injuries as you can see by the amount of game time they've had. Its not the best system but and not everyone is a fan of it but you're twisting the facts to suit you're own agenda which to me just seems to be to have a dig at Fev for whatever reason. What is your issue with it and why are you so stuck on wanting everyone to call fev leeds A team?

Edited by Rover and out

I've really rattled you haven't I

Obviously you can't work out that 7 isn't 17

That's 7 players over a season not in one game

Taking your "logic" to the end when Paul Prendiville played a full season on loan at Leeds did that make Leeds the A Team for Hull?

With some improvement Leeds could be Hulls 'A' team.

Thank heavens for dual reg that's all I can say. Otherwise we'd have to put up with watching the efforts of Hardman, Ellis, Davies & Missi every week, how poor would that be  :tongue:

Seriously, I don't like dual reg but we've broken no rules.  During the licensing era our 2 local rivals lied about new grounds that still haven't been built giving them SL and the riches that come with it.  Why doesn't Sadler highlight this in his weekly rag, oh I forgot one of these clubs is his beloved Wakefield.

Would't wipe my backside on the League Express.

Perhaps you, or LeeF if he will get off the fence, will explain why you feel Featherstone are a wholly independant team when they have seven Leeds players playing and are performing the functions of a reserve team, something Hetherington openly admits?

There's something wrong with you old boy and I hope you get it sorted out soon. Does no-one listen to you at home? Is that why you feel the need to come on here?

Keyboard warrior whining comment incoming.....

Only thing I'm embarrased about are your posts Parky. Coming out with a keyboard warrior post Parky. Double standards. Surely not.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Thank heavens for dual reg that's all I can say. Otherwise we'd have to put up with watching the efforts of Hardman, Ellis, Davies & Missi every week, how poor would that be  :tongue:

Seriously, I don't like dual reg but we've broken no rules.  During the licensing era our 2 local rivals lied about new grounds that still haven't been built giving them SL and the riches that come with it.  Why doesn't Sadler highlight this in his weekly rag, oh I forgot one of these clubs is his beloved Wakefield.

Would't wipe my backside on the League Express.

No strong views then Ian?

I'm sure Featherstones A team folded because they couldn't get enough games to keep it viable. Some SL teams were unwilling to play championship reserve teams.

Only thing I'm embarrased about are your posts Parky. 

Well Terry we disagree and nowt will change that.

Changing to having a go at me, rather than agreeing to disagree is the usual progression of these debates, it needn't be like that, but sadly it is.

You'll be ticking the "Like this" box every time someone else disagrees with me next, but hey that's how it goes ;)

I think we are working up enough phrases for Parky bingo now surely?

Like this

Rebels

Sugar daddy

Keyboard warrior

Bradford Bulls

Martyn Sadler

And so on.

Well Terry we disagree and nowt will change that.

Changing to having a go at me, rather than agreeing to disagree is the usual progression of these debates, it needn't be like that, but sadly it is.

You'll be ticking the "Like this" box every time someone else disagrees with me next, but hey that's how it goes ;)

I see you ignored your own "keyboard warrior" part Parky. As the song goes "dry your eyes mate"

None of Parky's post subsequent to Sunday have congratulated either Batley or Fev for their achievements this season.  They've all been to a lesser or greater extent derogatory.  He clearly has an agenda and that agenda does not include the likes of Batley and Fev succeeding at anything. 

I see you ignored your own "keyboard warrior" part Parky.

If you want define it as keyboard warrior to suit an argument then fine Terry.

I'll agree to disagree, the real keyboard warriors go round shouting Liar Liar - he's making it all up. :tongue:

It's just the age old problem on here that people find it hard to take if they pass a view and the evidence doesn't agree with them, then it all goes very shouty and nasty, maybe that is actually "Lively debate"!

Back to the point we disagree on, I think it's always been the case people have spotted the situation where a Superleague club may end up playing its DR partner, and it is probably the case that is heightened by both the enormity of the prize, and the fact that was the DR clubs ambition when they were solvent.

If you want define it as keyboard warrior to suit an argument then fine Terry.

On this subject at least twig's opinion appears to be the consensus of this threads contributors parky lad....

None of Parky's post subsequent to Sunday have congratulated either Batley or Fev for their achievements this season.  They've all been to a lesser or greater extent derogatory.  He clearly has an agenda and that agenda does not include the likes of Batley and Fev succeeding at anything. 

You once pulled me up for a bit of rudeness and got all huffy and asked for an apology and look at you now.

Behave yourself.

This "Agenda" quote is garbage, if you accuse me of having a "view" I may articulate the view that all SL clubs should run reserves sides. This is a view held by most people on here so it's hardly a personal agenda and even if it was I can't influence RFL/SL policy.

You and Terry however run a clear (and very rudely articulated) agenda of trying to cover up the fact that instead of running a reserves side, Leeds use Featherstone to serve the purpose and Featherstone obviously get a financial advantage to keep the ship afloat.

As I say I see no rules broken and am happy to leave it at that, but if you want to carry on then is it the case Leeds have taken advantage of Featherstone's precarious financial situation to force the deal on them?? I think we should be told, seem as how you want to discuss this further?

Which takes us to "Congratulations". Where is there any requirement on me to congratulate anyone?

FEATHERSTONE - Given the financial difficulties what are they going to do if they did somehow get promotion? They'd lose the very advantage that would have got them there i.e. DR? They are skint too. Would they even want promotion in such dire circumstances

BATLEY - Mr. Nicholas has said he doesn't want to be a Superleague club. 

And so we have Mr. Wood extolling the virtues just this week of the "drama" of the championship clubs chase for Superleague. I think it's fair to conclude Batley and Fev are just the supporting cast.  

Parky, did you not berate me for assuming to know what you thought and now you're doing the same with me. Again, double standards.

Did Leeds "force" a deal on Featherstone?

Show black and white evidence and not your opinion.

As has been said by quite a few Featherstone posters on here the respective chairmen get on well. I don't think that would be the case if Leeds had "forced" the DR agreement on them as you claim. It's an agreement that has worked for both clubs. Like it or not.

I have no "agenda" just countering your posts with my view (with the odd real world fact thrown in).

As for Batley and Featherstone being supporting cast, well that's just patronising.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

I'll agree to disagree, the real keyboard warriors go round shouting Liar Liar - he's making it all up. :tongue:

Pulling you up for being a blatant liar does not make somebody a Keyboard Warrior,.

It makes you a liar.

1. I have no "agenda" just countering your (patronising) posts with my view (with the odd real world fact thrown in).

2. As for Batley and Featherstone being supporting cast......

1. That's good to hear, so you can now stick to the view rather than the person who passes the view. Oh hang on your calling me "patronising" :tongue: What should I call you to counter that? 

2. I'd like to counter that without calling you names, with the reality that it was supposed to be the new professional clubs Wood created through his new structure that were supposed to be vying for Superleague entry, that being the ones actually prepared for it, not clubs who openly state they don't want it or DR clubs. Thoughts??

Also I notice the Featherstone.v.Leeds game is first up - could it be they want this embarrassment out of the way ASAP?. Wood in his interview spoke of the new system throwing up "matches of less significance" so maybe he's patronising too?

I Look forward to your counters on this point and remember those who quickly run out of decent debating points are often the ones who turn to the insults. Do please consider just agreeing to disagree if it comes to it, that will do fine.

Edited by The Parksider