More resignings.

RogerT

I think you've been a bit unfair keegan as been great for us and so as ulugia and I think his defence is pretty good too

I'm not saying either have not been good for us and both will take some replacing, although it looks like Hirst has already been replaced. Ulugia was always going to be really tough to replace as good centre's are very thin on the ground. Most of the best one's tend to be overseas players, similarly for pacey half backs. Ulugia is one of the best attacking centre's in our division, but I stand by my comment that his defence is not great, surely you haven't missed his flailing arm attempted tackles, there have been quite a few this season which have usually resulted in tries.

When Keegan is playing well and he runs, he is excellent and looks SL quality, Dewsbury away on Good Friday sticks in the mind, he was awesome that night. I'm also impressed by the speedy play the ball he offers, but, whilst his size and strength will allow him to make a few yards in our division and he is also able to stand in the tackle and slip the ball out, even when he takes the ball in from a standing start. I'm not sure he will be able to do the same against SL defences, who are also as big and strong as he is and tend to move up very quickly. However, as I stated above, I didn't think Liam Finn would cut it at SL either, I thought his lack of pace would be his undoing, but he's done more than okay at Cas and Wakey.

Archived