Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Lib Dems

11 minutes ago, Shadow said:

(sees which way the wind is blowing)

I denounce Gingerjon and support the glorious work of our Beloved Leader GeordieSaint

It took you 28 minutes to get that backstab in, you're clearly not leadership material.

13 minutes ago, ckn said:

It took you 28 minutes to get that backstab in, you're clearly not leadership material.

I denounce ckn as a bourgeois intellectual who needs to be sent to Huddersfield for re-education

• Haha 1

Well, that Lib Dem resurrgence went as well as they traditionally do.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Well, that Lib Dem resurrgence went as well as they traditionally do.

And you, you're denounced too

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

(sees which way the wind is blowing)

I denounce Gingerjon and support the glorious work of our Beloved Leader GeordieSaint

Oh ######; that was meant to be a private message between RP and I...

I hereby announce that I am not running for the leadership of the TRL Lib Dems and  have my complete trust in Shadow’s leadership... (I actually don’t want to be left out on a limb like The Hon Owen Smith when RP bottles it like the Eagle sisters.)

• Haha 1

Yeah Lib Dem’s, big stuff 

49AF1C01-5005-4E24-AF4D-6A8667DDBFBA.jpeg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah Lib Dem’s, big stuff 

49AF1C01-5005-4E24-AF4D-6A8667DDBFBA.jpeg

Why would you need to buy a bag if you can't afford shopping? 2for1 there old boy.

• Haha 2

They always seemed to  get the thin end of the wedge and go along with it , but got into government with nice cars and extra pay so who cares !

Edited by DavidM

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They always seemed to  get the thin end of the wedge and go along with it , but got into government with nice cars and extra pay so who cares !

See now, that’s the thing. The Lib Dem party is full of fantastic people who are left-centre and who do fantastic jobs, especially locally, who are tainted by 30-ish Lib Dem MPs who would rather sign off on brutal benefit cuts and distinctly far-right policies than put their ministerial jobs at risk.

Every single nasty thing that the Coalition government did in the name of “austerity” was signed off by the Lib Dem ministers. 

Every bit of the hard work done locally that was wrecked when the Lib Dems lost one hell of a lot of councillors in elections after 2010 was down to that small group of MPs. 

The sooner every single one of the tainted few leave the better. If they were a Coalition minister and didn’t resign in principle over the actions of that government then they have no place in any Lib Dem party that even pretends to be centre or left-centre. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

See now, that’s the thing. The Lib Dem party is full of fantastic people who are left-centre and who do fantastic jobs, especially locally, who are tainted by 30-ish Lib Dem MPs who would rather sign off on brutal benefit cuts and distinctly far-right policies than put their ministerial jobs at risk.

Every single nasty thing that the Coalition government did in the name of “austerity” was signed off by the Lib Dem ministers. 

Every bit of the hard work done locally that was wrecked when the Lib Dems lost one hell of a lot of councillors in elections after 2010 was down to that small group of MPs. 

The sooner every single one of the tainted few leave the better. If they were a Coalition minister and didn’t resign in principle over the actions of that government then they have no place in any Lib Dem party that even pretends to be centre or left-centre. 

There’s always a price to pay . People remembered them sitting there nodding and defending all this crippling stuff . They held the deciding vote 

Have I missed something?  The keynote speech on the first main day of the Lib Dem conference and it’s made by someone who makes it clear they’re not a Lib Dem and doesn’t want to be one. 

Surely one of the MPs has enough about them to make a keynote speech on Brexit. If they don’t then maybe it’s time to pack up the Parliamentary party and concentrate on being a local issues one where they still excel. 

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Have I missed something?  The keynote speech on the first main day of the Lib Dem conference and it’s made by someone who makes it clear they’re not a Lib Dem and doesn’t want to be one. 

Surely one of the MPs has enough about them to make a keynote speech on Brexit. If they don’t then maybe it’s time to pack up the Parliamentary party and concentrate on being a local issues one where they still excel. 

Who was that?

4 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Gina Miller.

Thanks.

I see they’ve made it policy to revoke Article 50 if a no deal is the only solution. Hopefully pick up some votes as the only anti-Brexit party in England.

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Thanks.

I see they’ve made it policy to revoke Article 50 if a no deal is the only solution. Hopefully pick up some votes as the only anti-Brexit party in England.

That’s why it should have been a Lib Dem MP making the keynote, they could have got some lovely soundbites out on the subject at probably the only time the media really watches the Lib Dem conference apart from the leader’s speech. 

12 hours ago, ckn said:

Yes, that was quite strange.

Right, it’s pretty clear Corbyn et al are not fighting to stop Brexit and remaining isn’t on the table for them. There’s plenty of folk on social media now saying they won’t  vote Labour. The Lib Dem media folk should be going into overdrive with the message they want to fight Brexit before it ruins the country... 

17 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

The Lib Dem media folk should be going into overdrive with the message they want to fight Brexit before it ruins the country... 

If you find the Lib Dem media folk you might need to wake them up

1 hour ago, RidingPie said:

They’re in the same broom cupboard as the RFL’s media team. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RidingPie said:

Leadership, leadership, leadership...

Where art thou leadership? 

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 1