Shades

ladyknight1967

As some of you will know, Colin (Shades) has been fighting a battle against cancer over the last few months. I'm very sad to say he passed away this morning peacefully with Pauline by his side.

One of his requests was we let everyone know on this Forum as he made many friends through it.

Thanks to everyone for your support, especially Sharon, John and the rest of the Guildford family and  also to James and all the players. It has been a great comfort and is really appreciated.

Funeral arrangements will be in the York Press but I'll also put them on here. 

RIP Colin, love you mate.

Terribly sad news that, had some enjoyable times with Colin at games gone past. 

Despite any differences recent events have unearthed, I always had a lot of time for the way he supported the Knights. A few hundred more like him and the club would beat the top of the Championship.

RIP Col.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Desperate news. I met Col through supporting the Knights and loved his passion for his team and the sport.

Shockingly frightening that we lost him so quickly.

Sincere condolences to all the family particularly Pauline and Beryl.

RIP mate.

Can someone post funeral arrangements/dates etc.

Tragic news.

Condolences to his loved ones,family,and all those affected.

He was a genuine fan of rugby league.

Very sad to learn about this.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Desparatly sad news. I've known col and Pauline for many years and he will be a sad loss not only to family and friends but also to rugby league.

Rest in peace shades

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

So sad, im currently in the latter stages of Terminal cancer myself so know exactly what Colin and his family went through and what his family will go through for some time to come, god bless Colin, his family and those affected by his sad demise. RIP Colin.

Pauline has asked me to post the arrangements for Colin's funeral as I know a few people have asked.

The funeral will be on Yorkshire day, 1st August at 12.45 pm at All Saints Church Huntington. All welcome to pay their respects to Colin. Details will also be in The Press early next week.

I believe there will be a collection in aid of St Leonard's Hospice so family flowers only.

If anyone needs any further details, please message me.

Thanks, Sarah

Pauline has asked me to post the arrangements for Colin's funeral as I know a few people have asked.

The funeral will be on Yorkshire day, 1st August at 12.45 pm at All Saints Church Huntington. All welcome to pay their respects to Colin. Details will also be in The Press early next week.

I believe there will be a collection in aid of St Leonard's Hospice so family flowers only.

If anyone needs any further details, please message me.

Thanks, Sarah

I will be there Sarah. Had a lot of respect for Colin.

Archived