Oldham Match

Supporter

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact you turned us over twice did worry us.  Everyone else beat you, why couldn't we?  Thankfully our coaching staff identified the problem, effected a solution and you got slapped.  Job done.

many people on here , myself included , have said before that we don t appear to have a plan b if things aren t going our way .maybe oldham worked on a different game plan and we rolled up expecting the same scenario as last time......same happened a few years ago when we went to keighley and won easily , then got a blew away at warrington in the final by them .

I don't think any of the players I mentioned have let us down this season . Tee, Sam and Callum have been desperately unlucky with injuries -- in Callum's case due in part to him being offered little protection by weak and incompetent officials when he is targetted  by sides who see him as our go-to player. The present management made a total dog's breakfast of recruitment, the financial consequences of which are the main reason we have had to alienate our players with wage reductions at the pointy end of the season. We need to restore the status of our Club so that good locals are , once again , anxious to wear the Blue and White. 

for the games Ive seen young Tee play in I'd say he has been the stand out performer this season , unlucky not to have featured much in the first part of the campaign but been the most consistent player after and young sam very unlucky injury wise too as he was starting to settle in , both are top notch in my opinion  callum is also up there in the locals and stevie never lets the side down I agree with wonky that some havent lived up to it this season though 

I've only see Worky twice at Oldham and thought you played well both times. Difference on Sunday was that our defence was on top from 1st minute and your pack visibly tired. I thought in 2nd half you had too many playmakers on who got in each others way and Sammut was poor throughout. I was amazed your fullback caught our centre up the hill. Good luck - nice to hear the opposition fans singing back

You do need to win three more games than Oldham as do Haven to put us in a relegation place, your 5 points behind us, 3 wins more than we achieve from the next 6 gives you 6 points, therefore putting you above us at the end of the eights. Simple as that.

BTW I wasn't being particularly sarky by saying enjoy your remaining games, its been great this season playing in the higher division, I have enjoyed every one even if results havnt gone our way. Whatever happens in the next games, I do wish you luck as RL needs a Cumbrian side in the Championship, just not at our expense :)

You do need to win three more games than Oldham as do Haven to put us in a relegation place, your 5 points behind us, 3 wins more than we achieve from the next 6 gives you 6 points, therefore putting you above us at the end of the eights. Simple as that.

BTW I wasn't being particularly sarky by saying enjoy your remaining games, its been great this season playing in the higher division, I have enjoyed every one even if results havnt gone our way. Whatever happens in the next games, I do wish you luck as RL needs a Cumbrian side in the Championship, just not at our expense :)

Swinton are our targets to catch now not Oldham. We are 4 points behind them and still have them to play. If we beat them then we only need to win 1 more game than them as that would put us level on points with them and our points difference is miles better than theirs. That's why we need you to beat Swinton on Sunday, it'd just about make you safe and keep us in with a fighting chance.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

True Derwent, yeah its a big game on Sunday for us, we owe Swinton one but it will be a tough game. Points diff could be crucial as you say. Hope we both win this week, you could do us a favour too beating Dewsbury, keeps us in the hunt for a semi final place if you do. Good luck and keep fighting.

It was 1997 of course pal, just dreaming we held on a bit longer to the ground lol. My mistake indeed.

I did think that my last visit to the big old stadium was fairly close to it's demise. In those days Town were approaching the peak of their powers leading up to the brief encounter with Super League and following them all over the Heartlands was a joy.  It was a sad coincidence that our progress seemed to be accompanied by the loss of such historic venues as Watersheddings, Fartown ,and McLaren Field. So despite the banter I hope we are united in our love of the Greatest Game and can stick together in the face of some mad decisions by the suits at Red Hall.  Toronto?! W.T.F.?

Going off piste for a moment-- I just found an old ticket stub for Oldham v Town ,1st January 1995. Don't recall the score but I remember it was as cold as charity.  How long after this did you quit Watersheddings?

Completely out of the blue whilst looking for something else in my cellar, I just found a book I thought had perished in a flood we had here in 2007.  Anyway,  I don't have details of the Town team but:

Oldham RLFC 20  Workington Town 10

Oldham tries: Ranson 3, Kuiti.  Goals: Topping 3

Oldham team: Gibson, Belle, Irwin, Abram, Ranson, Topping, Crompton, Sherratt, Clark, Temu, Lord, Faimalo, Kuiti.  Subs: Gartland, Davidson

Completely out of the blue whilst looking for something else in my cellar, I just found a book I thought had perished in a flood we had here in 2007.  Anyway,  I don't have details of the Town team but:

Oldham RLFC 20  Workington Town 10

Oldham tries: Ranson 3, Kuiti.  Goals: Topping 3

Oldham team: Gibson, Belle, Irwin, Abram, Ranson, Topping, Crompton, Sherratt, Clark, Temu, Lord, Faimalo, Kuiti.  Subs: Gartland, Davidson

Attendance was 3,880 what would both clubs give for crowds like that these days ?!

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

How many tries fluffed or disallowed? And as i've said in another post. Most of you fans are great but some rubbed it in 2 weeks ago. For what it's worth, I hope you survive as long as it's not at our cost. 

Indeed WE had at least 2 not given and fluffed several. Could have been closer at half time and has been said by one of your less myopic fans second half we played more like we can and could have been very close.

You have a good vocal home crowd which we often lack.

Archived