Sign in to follow this  
Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Hello & Goodbye

Thing is.... with Toronto and Toulouse coming in nrxt year.... i reckon the top four next year will look nowt like this year and bradford will be making do with playing fev a few more years yet....

Cos at the mo neither club will have the fiscal clout that toulouse toronto and leigh have

To paraphrase my old mucker Shakespeare, 'arr Jim lad, that be licensing by any other name'

Poorer run clubs/skinterer ones won't get out of the division - can't see much difference personally.

He's a fervent Fev fan, an angry fan who will brook no criticism and regards any such thing as an attempt to do the club down.

Ian's a nice fella John. He never comes across as an "angry man".

I've always found him a pleasant sort; though i do agree, he and I do bite when there is an attempt to 'do the club down'... inherent tribalism..

To paraphrase my old mucker Shakespeare, 'arr Jim lad, that be licensing by any other name'

Poorer run clubs/skinterer ones won't get out of the division - can't see much difference personally.

av teld thi... it'll be reight

Hi All

Decided to stop using this forum must be nearly 3 years ago because the mods let some of the usual clowns get away with murder. Well my club today as sunk one of your so called big teams and I couldn't resist posting on this propaganda forum.

Wonder if Mr Sadler can give us some credit tomorrow or will he be dribbling over Toronto's business plan.

Featherstone Roverls RLFC will not go away.

UTR

I am so frustrated I could not only snap pencils but crush grapes!

How have the RFL allowed Featherstone Select to sign all the players they have done,this year,despite the all-too-common action by HMRC of taking the club to court for non-payment?

Obviously Featherstone are in the pocket of the mighty Leeds club,so,despite the perfunctory fine given to the very rich Leeds club a couple of years ago - http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12211/9855788/super-league-leaders-leeds-fined-by-rfl

The RFL have allowed Featherstone Select to not only dual reg with Leeds,but sign loan players from Widnes and Hull FC

Will a club be ever put into Special Measures? 

The only reward for those who bother to pay HMRC on time,and not be taken to court,http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Section%20A3%20-%20Finance%20final%20pdf.pdf

is to sit and ponder what could have been done with the riches bestowed upon Featherstone as a result of their reluctance to pay out to official bodies what was due.

I am off to burn my flat cap...

I am so frustrated I could not only snap pencils but crush grapes!

How have the RFL allowed Featherstone Select to sign all the players they have done,this year,despite the all-too-common action by HMRC of taking the club to court for non-payment?

Obviously Featherstone are in the pocket of the mighty Leeds club,so,despite the perfunctory fine given to the very rich Leeds club a couple of years ago - http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12211/9855788/super-league-leaders-leeds-fined-by-rfl

The RFL have allowed Featherstone Select to not only dual reg with Leeds,but sign loan players from Widnes and Hull FC

Will a club be ever put into Special Measures?

The only reward for those who bother to pay HMRC on time,and not be taken to court,http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/Section%20A3%20-%20Finance%20final%20pdf.pdf

is to sit and ponder what could have been done with the riches bestowed upon Featherstone as a result of their reluctance to pay out to official bodies what was due.

I am off to burn my flat cap...

That's the top hissy fit on this thread so far. Can anyone top it?

I'm not going to reply to all of the comments but last night I had a few celebratory drinks but was only drunk on my clubs success.

Over the years I've disliked Bradford, it started with losing my RL hero Deryck Fox to them, followed by getting ripped off with the tribunal for Paul Newlove but nothing made my blood boil like the Chris Caisley comments Robin has already mentioned.

That said I'd like to mention how gracious the Bradford fans were yesterday in defeat. Also met some brilliant fans at Blackpool.

I'm a great believer in karma and think yesterday it caught up with the Bradford club thanks to one administrative Muppet you had in charge. So it's maybe time I let go and wish them all the best.

Message for Johnoco, you also seem like a great bloke. Hope you are doing well. Also thanks for the kind words Robin, I appreciate it. You are right not an angry person at all, people don't know me at all on here.

Might start giving this form a go again and see how it goes.

All depends how the mods treat people because previously it wasn't equal.

Thanks for the debate and hope you are all doing well.

I'm not going to reply to all of the comments but last night I had a few celebratory drinks but was only drunk on my clubs success.

Over the years I've disliked Bradford, it started with losing my RL hero Deryck Fox to them, followed by getting ripped off with the tribunal for Paul Newlove but nothing made my blood boil like the Chris Caisley comments Robin has already mentioned.

That said I'd like to mention how gracious the Bradford fans were yesterday in defeat. Also met some brilliant fans at Blackpool.

I'm a great believer in karma and think yesterday it caught up with the Bradford club thanks to one administrative Muppet you had in charge. So it's maybe time I let go and wish them all the best.

Message for Johnoco, you also seem like a great bloke. Hope you are doing well. Also thanks for the kind words Robin, I appreciate it. You are right not an angry person at all, people don't know me at all on here.

Might start giving this form a go again and see how it goes.

All depends how the mods treat people because previously it wasn't equal.

Thanks for the debate and hope you are all doing well.

That's better!  :yes:

When you talk about karma, it's a shame the actual people involved in mouthing off  - including the muppet you mentioned - haven't "suffered" any bad karma at all, but once again it's the fans who suffer (at least a half decade of bad karma and counting!). That's sport though, and in sport Fev were the best team by a long way yesterday.

That's the top hissy fit on this thread so far. Can anyone top it?

Yes you and your hissy fit about Fev being Leeds "A" team :tongue:

Now just a bit of fun don't go all nasty on me!!

Yes you and your hissy fit about Fev being Leeds "A" team :tongue:

Now just a bit of fun don't go all nasty on me!!

You might think it's fun but I don't. Especially with Martyn Sadler's headline in LE.  Was it Batley and Fev qualify?  No it was Bulls Fall at Final Hurdle.  And why (in Martyn's opinion) did the Bulls fall at the final hurdle.  Simple the Fev team that had four duel reg Leeds players.  Answer me this, was it a DR Leeds player who caused Kieren Moss to knock on from the kick off in his own in goal?  Was it a Fev DR player who caused Ethan Ryan to lose the ball which resulted in Fev's first score?  Was it a Fev DR player who tackled Kris Welham and caused him to lose the ball? No it was Ian Hardman.  And was it a Fev DR player who conceded the final penalty for obstruction at the PTB?  No it was the aforementioned Moss. 

Someone should get their facts before using their newspaper to promote their biased agenda.

To quote C P Scott: "comment is free but facts are sacred"

Edited by Trojan

Hi All

Decided to stop using this forum must be nearly 3 years ago because the mods let some of the usual clowns get away with murder. Well my club today as sunk one of your so called big teams and I couldn't resist posting on this propaganda forum.

Wonder if Mr Sadler can give us some credit tomorrow or will he be dribbling over Toronto's business plan.

Featherstone Roverls RLFC will not go away.

UTR

you mate were an arrogant ###### when you were on here, and perpetually slated my team because we were promoted via the license system. well pal all your birds have come home to roost haven't they the rules have changed and your team is still nowhere near promotion, what was your famous post about widnes ? "id sooner watch my team win trophies than get hammered every week in super league"

What a story that would be Fev or Batley in the million pound game at the expense of Leigh!

It would be a much bigger story if it was at the expense of Huddersfield, Kris.

Just another part of the equation!

It would be a much bigger story if it was at the expense of Huddersfield, Kris.

Just another part of the equation!

TBH I'm happy Fev have got to where they have got. Anything else would be a bonus.  I would like to see a Championship side win the Million Pound Game, I suppose that would have to be Leigh, can't see it being London, we thrashed them, knocked them out of the CC and only lost at their place by the odd score,  Batley thrashed them too.  But Leeds, Huddersfield, and Hull KR look fairly formidable.  Salford on the other hand look a little fragile.

TBH I'm happy Fev have got to where they have got. Anything else would be a bonus. I would like to see a Championship side win the Million Pound Game, I suppose that would have to be Leigh, can't see it being London, we thrashed them, knocked them out of the CC and only lost at their place by the odd score, Batley thrashed them too. But Leeds, Huddersfield, and Hull KR look fairly formidable. Salford on the other hand look a little fragile.

Salford look the best team out of the 4 SL sides to me if any team look fragile its HullKR.

I'm happy for Fev and Batley, they deserve to be where they are. The complaints about DR are silly when you consider the loan players Bradford had out.

Its good for the Part time clubs to get as much experience of super league opposition as possible and this is what the 8s guarantee I suppose.

Take it now cos toulouse and toronto are also waving a huge wad about

you mate were an arrogant ###### when you were on here, and perpetually slated my team because we were promoted via the license system. well pal all your birds have come home to roost haven't they the rules have changed and your team is still nowhere near promotion, what was your famous post about widnes ? "id sooner watch my team win trophies than get hammered every week in super league"

I'm over the moon the rules changed.  The last 3 games for my club have been memorable and one hell of a ride.  The rule changes have probably meant my team are even further away from SL but I'd rather have it this way than finish mid table and being placed in SL. Plenty of teams in the Championship will have a crack at promotion through on the field achievements and that's the way it should be.

All in all happy with Rugby League at the moment, have been since the new format despite missing out on the top 4 last year.

I'm over the moon the rules changed.  The last 3 games for my club have been memorable and one hell of a ride.  The rule changes have probably meant my team are even further away from SL but I'd rather have it this way than finish mid table and being placed in SL. Plenty of teams in the Championship will have a crack at promotion through on the field achievements and that's the way it should be.

All in all happy with Rugby League at the moment, have been since the new format despite missing out on the top 4 last year.

Yes the end of the season was a wonderful ride, with any two  from Bulls, 'Fax, Fev or Batley possibly qualifying.  When Widnes were promoted (and this is taking nothing from Widnes who are one of my favourite sides) it was a bit of a farce, and it made the Championship that season into a farce.

Yes the end of the season was a wonderful ride, with any two from Bulls, 'Fax, Fev or Batley possibly qualifying. When Widnes were promoted (and this is taking nothing from Widnes who are one of my favourite sides) it was a bit of a farce, and it made the Championship that season into a farce.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. For my part, Bradford playing on in a meaningless shield for the best of the losers is a farce and not something I'll be taking any interest in whatsoever.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. For my part, Bradford playing on in a meaningless shield for the best of the losers is a farce and not something I'll be taking any interest in whatsoever.

That`s not the only reason behind these 8`s, you know that right?