23 Sept: Super 8s: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm (TV)

Discuss Hull FC v Warrington Wolves here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are clearly the best 2 teams in the competition and deserve to be duelling it out for another major prize. Having shouted for FC at Wembley I would like Wire to win this. Another narrow defeat would be hard on them.

I am glad that we are making more of winning the LLS these days. Particularly for clubs that have played at Wembley it is a great achievement.

The one piece of advice I would give Tony Smith is to go for goal if they get a very kickable penalty if 2 points down and minutes to go...

Well a big loss for Warringtom in Currie and Gidley if correct. Pleased that Currie is not playing as has been excellent this year - just not the way it has happened - was looking forward to him perhaps getting an England call up also. I wonder if Lineham will come back to finally haunt us?

I think the Hull crowd will play a major part one way or the other - looks like a big turn out with most of the upper west left side now almost sold out. If Warrington can silence the big crowd early it might get nervy.

There has been little between the top 3 this year and despite us beating Wire 3 times their for and against tends to suggest they deserve to be top of the league. If they (Wire) do win I for one will stay and applaud as they will clearly deserve the title at that point.

Currie out for 6 to 9 months devastating for the player, gidley and sandow missing, Lineham back ( he owes the fans and the club a big game). Teenage half Smith back in the squad. With all this a betting man would lump on Hull.

Aye without Gidley, Sandow, Currie and Westwood itll be too much for us, shame but we blew it last weekend.

Only hope is that at Catalans the young lads stepped up, but Hull are not Catalans!

It's amazing how sometimes adversity can raise a teams performance, Wire will be no push overs even with there injuries. Such a shame for Currie the lad is absolute class .

Hull Squad: 1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Mahe Fonua, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 5. Fetuli Talanoa, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 9. Danny Houghton, 10. Liam Watts, 11. Gareth Ellis, 12. Mark Minichiello, 15. Chris Green, 16. Jordan Thompson, 17. Dean Hadley, 19. Steve Michaels, 21. Sika Manu, 22. Josh Bowden, 23. Frank Pritchard, 24. Kick Yeaman, 30. Danny Washbrook.

Warrington Squad: 2. Tom Lineham, 3. Rhys Evans, 4. Ryan Atkins, 5. Matty Russell, 6. Stefan Ratchford, 8. Chris Hill, 9. Daryl Clark, 10. Ashton Sims, 12. Jack Hughes, 14. Joe Westerman, 16. Brad Dwyer, 18. George King, 20. Kevin Penny, 24. Toby King, 25. Joe Philbin, 26. Declan Patton, 27. Sam Wilde, 29. Benjamin Julien, 31. Morgan Smith.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Yes, looks like all the signs are that Lineham will be on the wing for Wire. Strange game for him to return in, especially if his head hasn't been right, massive pressure on him to perform in front of the Sky cameras and a big home crowd willing him not to.

I'm more confident of a result on Friday than I was at Wembley but then that's no surprise.

With Jarv in most of what he says, Wire and Hull have been up there nearly all season so it's fitting that one or the other should take the LLS. Obviously hoping that Hull take the spoils but won't be utterly devastated if Wire win and will be more than happy to applaud their team in the ground and congratulate their lot on here should they do so.

With a few of Warrington's key players missing and their heartbreaking result last week, the bookies have Hull as favourites and I think they're right to. But Hull haven't played all that well recently and this has been particularly noticeable at home

A defeat for Hull and a Wigan victory would mean a visit to the Piedome for us in the SF. Whilst on paper this wouldn't be ideal, I think I'd rather face Wigan over there than here as they seem rather better away from home against Hull this season.

Hull 24 Wire 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Will anything get torn? Let's hope not.

Winners takes all, loser gets Wigan (if we win etc...). What a runners up prize.

Let it go man.

Hull haven't been convincing since Wembley (bar the first half v Wigan), time to get back on the horse. Warrington have picked up some key injuries at a really bad time, but they are still a quality side. I'll tip Hull by 10, but that's assuming we will be something like back at our best. As much as I'd like the treble I certainly wouldn't begrudge them this. They deserve something to show for the season they've had.

Even before the the njuries I would have gone for the FC winning this one. Warrington have had the Challenge Cup Final and the League Leaders Shield won and let both games slip in the last 20 minutes. That going to leave some psychological scarring that even such an experienced coach like Tony Smith cannot address quickly..

Its rare for me to have a good word for anything east of the pennines but Hull FC's fans have always treated me well so I will reciprocate by repeating what I have said on another match thread that the fans in Hull literally are the14th man for their teams. Given the side they now have it's time for the fabns of Hull FC not to hope for but to demand success on the field.

Hull by 10.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Its rare for me to have a good word for anything east of the pennines but Hull FC's fans have always treated me well 

Probably because they didn't realise who you were.

As far as I'm concerned you can jolly well sod off.

xD

I only want one grand final win, however warrington will only play one more game after a heavy defeat on Friday

Chris Hill is our leader and he's been fantastic............ But we have no direction and with wires relying on ratchford & Patton I fear a big loss.

Yes we have Clarke, westerman and Dwyer however hull will simply have too much for us.

Best wishes to hull and I fully expect a saints / pie final

Hull by 26.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Of the tickets available on the Hull FC website, over half the West Upper now looks to have sold out, very few tickets left for the West Lower, not a single seat left in the South Stand and one seat left in the East Stand.

Not sure about the situation regarding the North East corner or the North Stand but I'm assuming they'll open whatever seats are necessary for the Warrington fans and I hope plenty of them turn up.  :bye:

Just a word of advice to everyone attending this game, GET THERE EARLY.

Unfortunately there's been a few problems with the turnstile/stewarding situation recently resulting in substantial queues before kick off. Given the crowd is likely to be around 90% bigger than normal, Friday night promises to be fairly chaotic if people don't get there in decent time.

I assume there is a World Club Championship spot at stake? Would be another 20,000 crowd for Hull if they play an Australian team?

Who knows? They'll decide in January.

I'd expect a Wire team of:

1. Russell

2. Penny

3. King

4. Atkins

5. Evans

6. Ratchford

7. Patton

8. Hill

9. Clark

10. Sims

11. Hughes

12. Westerman

13. King

14. Dwyer

15. Jullien

16. Wilde

17. Philbin

Anybody know where Bailey and Cox are as that bench is looking very light, and probably the place we will lose it as there is still a decent first 13 there.

Will they reach the point where they have to sell the seats next to OF? Presumably there is an appropriate discount?

Am guessing that both teams have already done enough to play in WCC next year, though I suppose a Wigan Saints final and FC winning on Friday may mean Wire miss out (which would be way harsh).

May the game be the winner.

Will they reach the point where they have to sell the seats next to OF? Presumably there is an appropriate discount?

The Royle Box prices are a bit steep mate, although not difficult to find. Just listen out for "My ar se", every time Thaler makes a decision.

(We're in padded seats tomorrow night, I'll have you know!)

Archived