Sign in to follow this  
League Express

1 Oct: Million Pound Game: Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Salford Red Devils

Championship will be interesting next year...

6 full time teams and a battle of 3 Manchester clubs for relegation!

Which are the full time teams?

Which are the full time teams?

I wondered about that

By my reckoning:

Bulls

London

Toulouse

Hull KR (maybe... yet to be confirmed)

Forget about Sheffield, if they survive at all it won't be as a full time team

Loved every minute of the game.  It had everything that made me fall in love with Rugby League, a great advert for the game (excluding the few idiots at the end).  I just hope P&R is here to stay because it was gripping stuff, far better than waiting for licensing announcements on Sky Sports news that's for sure.

It's going to be tough for my team (Fev) to make the middle 8's next year but that's sport for you.  Can't wait to see us and Batley have a crack at it again though.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Highlights just starting on BBC2 (nationally). A one hour programme.

Highlights just starting on BBC2 (nationally). A one hour programme.

Watching it now, even though I know the result, it still defies belief.

What's the big deal about derbies? Only Wigan v Saints is of any note outside of its own boundaries. No one outside of Hull cares about the FC v KR game and when I was at Bradford pre SL and Sky hype it was Halifax which was seen as the bigger game. As for Leigh providing a meaningful Derby for Wigan, have they suddenly found more than the 1000 spectators who sit in one stand at the LSV?

Funny that the RFL persist on it being a key game at the Magic Weekend even when both clubs request a change!

Also Sky insist on dictating the date of each Rovers Hull derby as they wish to televise it...outside of Hull! Seems to mean something then!

Not surprised Steve is sorry - he could have got a penny back for the empty.

Didn't realise Wiganers....even in exile...are so behind the times. We use the empties for home brew don't you know.

Any chance of Salford being expelled for 2 pitch invasions leading to fighting,police arrival and then Marwan choosing to invade the pitch as well, even when most Salford players had run off. Or his disrespect to Big Nigel. No class!

Not surprised Steve is sorry - he could have got a penny back for the empty.

Didn't realise Wiganers....even in exile...are so behind the times. We use the empties for home brew don't you know.

Any chance of Salford being expelled for 2 pitch invasions leading to fighting,police arrival and then Marwan choosing to invade the pitch as well, even when most Salford players had run off. Or his disrespect to Big Nigel. No class!

I already spotted that yesterday!

The arrogance of many Rovers fans towards the Middle 8s was shocking. One of my closest mates is a Rovers fan, and every week I asked if he thought they'd go down he'd just say "no chance" and every week I asked if he thought they'd lose he'd just brush it aside as an easy win. Leigh. Huddersfield. Salford. It was almost like a sense of entitlement. That thread on their forum was exactly the same. Not even given a second thought they might go down.

Do I feel sorry for them? Well... would they feel sorry for us? I'm sure we'd never hear the end of it if the boot was on the other foot.

The loss of the derby doesn't bother me one bit. We managed in SL for nearly a decade without it. It might give me meaning to other games and get the crowds back again for the big games against Leeds, Wigan, Saints and Wire. We've been spoilt with the derby recently and it's been too much of a focus for fans at times. I'd love to see if get 15-17k again for the big games like we used to.

You didn't expect your Rovers mates to show you a weak side did you?

The rest of your post sounds like you are glad really that those irritating upstarts have gone, the City is all yours but it is no longer a rugby city, the Tigers are the big noise. And without the rivalry where is the interest.

I have lost all interest in Super League and will do my best to support Rovers to get back but suspect we will play less games and some very unappealing games.

You didn't expect your Rovers mates to show you a weak side did you?

The opposite or arrogant isn't weakness. Thinking there's a chance you could lose is not weakness. Thinking you are 100% going to win isn't strength.

One of the teachers I work with is a huge Rovers fan. She was terrified about the last 2 games. One of the only ones I heard say they were worried that they could lose and what it meant. Does that make her weak?

The rest of your post sounds like you are glad really that those irritating upstarts have gone, the City is all yours

The last part I don't even think about. It isn't at all what I'm bothered about.

But yeah, I'm glad you're relegated. It entertained me. That's why I watch rugby league.

but it is no longer a rugby city, the Tigers are the big noise. And without the rivalry where is the interest.

There's that self-importance again. Even when you were in SL, Hull City were the big game in town. You're not as important a club as you think you are!

I have lost all interest in Super League and will do my best to support Rovers to get back but suspect we will play less games and some very unappealing games.

One day in and you're declaring all interest lost? C'mon Steve, get a grip. Surely you should be interested in seeing which teams are going to be there for the taking next season? Which teams will end up in the 8?

Why do you think you'll play less games?

There is no such thing as forward passes in Super League. You are thinking of Rugby League. I'm getting tired of pointing this out to people now. I went to the game and I am really glad Salford won, if only to read the posts from the Salford haters on here. TBH - Over 80 minutes I thought Hull KR controlled the game better but, Well done to my home City of Salford.

There is no such thing as forward passes in Super League. You are thinking of Rugby League. I'm getting tired of pointing this out to people now. I went to the game and I am really glad Salford won, if only to read the posts from the Salford haters on here. TBH - Over 80 minutes I thought Hull KR controlled the game better but, Well done to my home City of Salford.

Grow up.Maybe SL clubs should look at NFL franchises if that's the case and rid themselves of one trick ponies like yourself.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Grow up.Maybe SL clubs should look at NFL franchises if that's the case and rid themselves of one trick ponies like yourself.

Why are you so bitter about anything not concerning Leeds?  

Maybe your egotistical nom de plume gives that away.  

CRs candid point was in answer to the Robins fans suggesting Flans pass was forward & also BMMs too.  

Leave it to those who are paid to officiate.

Why are you so bitter about anything not concerning Leeds?  

Maybe your egotistical nom de plume gives that away.  

CRs candid point was in answer to the Robins fans suggesting Flans pass was forward & also BMMs too.  

Leave it to those who are paid to officiate.

CR always bangs on about only SL has forward passes as if they don't exist in any other division.

So not being bitter or egotistical.

Maybe you don't know who TW is,it certainly isn't me.

HTH.

And yes,I do leave the decisions to officials.

I think you will find it is the original one and the only one named so after Lord Derby.

I wondered who the first would be to trot out that load of old cobblers.

Actually no I didn't.

So forward passes are accepted in Super League then Terry, and other divisions as well? Thank you. I just want people to accept that as a fact and stop pretending that we are playing within the laws of the game. Change the law to include it and you  won't hear from me again. The play the ball is another actually. Skill is being lost for the sake of speed in a effort to attract new fans. I watch Rugby League just about every Saturday and Sunday, somewhere in the Country. Watched an amateur game a few weeks ago and a ref I had never seen before pulled about 6 forward passes. I always try to chat to referee's after amateur games. Sometimes we actually change each others opinions. I told him he will never make Super league. If I had the time, but its 1.30am and I'm drinking Merlyn, I would look at my records and tell you his name. Would be interesting to see how he gets on. If I named him though I would probably ruin his career! 

Where have I said they are accepted.You are just another tedious one trick pony.

Anyway, back on topic. Rovers threw the game away.Salford played on to the end, which is what any team should do. Awesome drop goal.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

So forward passes are accepted in Super League then Terry, and other divisions as well? Thank you. I just want people to accept that as a fact and stop pretending that we are playing within the laws of the game. Change the law to include it and you won't hear from me again. The play the ball is another actually. Skill is being lost for the sake of speed in a effort to attract new fans. I watch Rugby League just about every Saturday and Sunday, somewhere in the Country. Watched an amateur game a few weeks ago and a ref I had never seen before pulled about 6 forward passes. I always try to chat to referee's after amateur games. Sometimes we actually change each others opinions. I told him he will never make Super league. If I had the time, but its 1.30am and I'm drinking Merlyn, I would look at my records and tell you his name. Would be interesting to see how he gets on. If I named him though I would probably ruin his career!

Good for you. You must be a barrel of laughs.

So forward passes are accepted in Super League then Terry, and other divisions as well? Thank you. I just want people to accept that as a fact and stop pretending that we are playing within the laws of the game. Change the law to include it and you won't hear from me again. The play the ball is another actually. Skill is being lost for the sake of speed in a effort to attract new fans. I watch Rugby League just about every Saturday and Sunday, somewhere in the Country. Watched an amateur game a few weeks ago and a ref I had never seen before pulled about 6 forward passes. I always try to chat to referee's after amateur games. Sometimes we actually change each others opinions. I told him he will never make Super league. If I had the time, but its 1.30am and I'm drinking Merlyn, I would look at my records and tell you his name. Would be interesting to see how he gets on. If I named him though I would probably ruin his career!

You do realise how difficult it is to spot every error, don't you? Be honest, you've never reffed a game in your life. It's mouthy touchline speccies like yourself that stop people wanting to do the thankless task that is reffing.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it needs to be shared.

The loss of the Derby and the revenue that brought will bother both Hull clubs.

Krexit may have a negative effect on growth in the short term but I feel that in the longer term the increased market freedom could present Hull with a great opportunity for future prosperity.

Only just over a year since Article 50 was triggered in London too. They haven't hung about.