Frank Pritchard to Parramatta, Albert Kelly to Hull FC?

Local rumour mill in overdrive.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-make-play-for-former-bulldogs-star-frank-pritchard-20161028-gsd7ys.html

The Pritchard one isn't a rumour. Parramatta want him but he still has a year on his contract with Hull. Kelly to the KCOM has to be a leg pull. Doesn't it?

Kelly could (emphasis on the could), be great at Hull. He has the ability and with better players around him he could be very dangerous indeed.

The trouble is do Hull take a gamble on someone with his past record of off field issues when Radford has just spent 3 years trying to establish the right culture at the club? Maybe he thinks he can sort Kelly out, or maybe he thinks he would be final piece of the jigsaw and is worth the risk?

As for Pritchard, it would be a shame to see him go, he's done alot of good work and eats up the metres, but we've not really used him right since we signed him. If he want's to go then maybe his salary would be better used elsewhere. We're not in bad shape for second rows.

HDM are reporting these as if it's a done deal. Also alot of talk about Michaels leaving with either Carney or Sio replacing him.

Shaul

Talanoa

Griffin

Fonua

Carney/Sio

Kelly

Sneyd

Taylor

Houghton

Watts

Minichiello

Manu

Ellis

That's some starting lineup if those rumours are true.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-make-play-for-former-bulldogs-star-frank-pritchard-20161028-gsd7ys.html

The Pritchard one isn't a rumour. Parramatta want him but he still has a year on his contract with Hull. Kelly to the KCOM has to be a leg pull. Doesn't it?

As you say, there's obviously something in the Pritchard half of the story. I'll be sorry to see him go if he does. He's been a very positive influence at the club. 

Reading the HDM's website today it looks like the Kelly half of the story is far from being a leg pull too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I can't see the Eels paying off the final year of his contract so i guess he will staying at Hull FC.

HDM are reporting these as if it's a done deal. Also alot of talk about Michaels leaving with either Carney or Sio replacing him.

Shaul

Talanoa

Griffin

Fonua

Carney/Sio

Kelly

Sneyd

Taylor

Houghton

Watts

Minichiello

Manu

Ellis

That's some starting lineup if those rumours are true.

Sio won't be replacing Michaels, he's signed for Newcastle Knights.

Frank Pritchard at his best was a mixed bag, at 32 he is surely past his best.

Can Parramatta make any more bad decisions before their fans just give up on them.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Things seem to be moving along.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/albert-kelly-s-hull-fc-deal-could-be-done-this-week/story-29853217-detail/story.html

Interesting. If the Dull Daily Wail have got it right, Hull are in a no lose situation. Kelly's been offered a much reduced contract to what he was earning at Hull KR but with a performance based chance to help himself earn a lot more. There is no doubt the lad has talent in abundance but has let himself and Hull KR down badly over the last year or so. At 25 though, he's now got the chance to turn it round and achieve great success at Hull FC.

There'll be plenty of folk saying Hull FC shouldn't go near him but, as one fan put very well on RLFans, had Hull signed him 12 months ago then Hull KR fans would have been apoplectic.

I'll be sad to see the back of Big Frank if he does return to Oz but, as people have alluded to, his off the field influence has been far greater than his on the field influence and that can't be right for a player reputed to be the highest wage earner at the club.

Interesting times, even in the off season, for a Hull fan.

I would agree with everything said so far. I think more than anything Pritchard was a talisman and statement of intent. I also think he was a lot better on the pitch than some made out. It was his flick out at Doncaster that got us to Wembley.

However is/was he going to improve in the 2nd and 3rd years of his contract? I doubt it.

Looking at the Hull FC squad and signings next year what I don't see is anything to make me think we could go one step further next year. Griffin in but Yeamo out for instance. Without a doubt a fit/focused Kelly is an improvement to the squad. Hopefully FC can do the due diligence/contract to keep him on the right track.

Whilst we await confirmation of Albert Kelly's move from Hull KR to Hull FC, Jordan Abdull is set to go in the opposite direction.

Should be a good move for all three parties, Abdull has lots of talent and should play a big part in Rovers' bid for promotion while one of Hull's young stars gets plenty of experience and hopefully confidence for the future.

Ahem  :whistle:

Good riddance to Pritchard

Ridiculous comment but nothing less than I'd expect from you.

Shame to see Frank go. Off the pitch he was great for the club, improved the Hull FC brand no end with his marketability and the effort he made with the fans, and seemed to be great for team spirit.

On the pitch he went ok. His stats for carries and yardage were very good, up there with any back row in the comp, but tbf he didn't live up to the pre season (over) hype. He will always be remembered in Hull for his contribution to the Wembley win.

However, even with the Kelly signing, that's going to be a huge chunk of cap available.

Looking slimmer already!

Welcome aboard Albert.

Looking slimmer already!

Unlike the Hull KR squad.  With Addy and Abdull signed on, they only need McShane to hold the full Prial of Super League Fatties.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

It might all end in tears, but at least it should entertaining.

Really like the Hull squad this season. We all know what the pack is about, and there are game breakers all over the shop in the backs. If Kelly comes with the right attitude he could be the final piece in the jigsaw to make Hull the team to beat.

Love his comments, he's already talking about back to back Wembley wins!

He'll do for me.

Archived