Sad News Of The Passing Of Keith Boffin RIP

coolie

Sad news this morning of Keith Boffin aka GFDU :(

After a brave fight with a long illness a stalwart of the club and Dewsbury fan through and through succumbed to his illness sadly.

Sunday nights at the Knottingley wells will never be the same :(

RIP dear friend :( :(

Really sorry to hear of GFDU passing. True fan. Loved the banter with him. Played golf at HHGC with him years ago. Did tannoy at Mount for a few years. Worked hard for Dewsbury rlfc . Another one gone.

RIP Keith.

Colinb.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

very sad news, R.I.P. Keith

Missed his humour on this forum during his illness - it will be a duller place for his passing. RIP mate.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Sad news this morning of Keith Boffin aka GFDU :(

After a brave fight with a long illness a stalwart of the club and Dewsbury fan through and through succumbed to his illness sadly.

Sunday nights at the Knottingley wells will never be the same :(

RIP dear friend :( :(

Very well put mate,puts everything else into perspective. RIP Keith top bloke

A sad day, I always enjoyed GFDU's comments. RIP Keith and condolences to his family & friends  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I distinctly remember hs co-commentary on the Batley v Oldham regal trophy game in the snow.

His excitement and eloquence during the game (especially at the climatic end) was fantastic to hear.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Guest from down under is now a guest upstairs. Valuable member of Dewsbury and this forum.

Never met him personally but respected him all the same.

R.I.p pal

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Very nice man and amused myself and Tom in the control room during games. Will be missed.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Keith was in hospital last Oct 15 until June 2016 critically ill, he pulled thru everything that could possibly be thrown at him, Went to rehab for 1 month then came home healthy again in july 2016 but unable to walk or do much for himself but happy enough watching tv and stuff. He still had leg uncers but they were well looked after. Last week he was stick a few times and off his food for a few days so someone was called to check him over but when I got there I insisted on an ambulance urgently, He was taken in Thursday night and died around 4.30am his legs were badly infected and the infection had attacked his organs and shut down his kidneys just a part of what happened to him last year but his body wasn't strong enough to go thru it all again. Details for the funeral will be posted and passed on to people after tomorrow. There are some lovely things being said about him and it's really nice to see them and know that he was so well known and liked by everyone. I have the official cause of death from the coroner now and it was heart disease.

I have the details for Keith's funeral now. They are Thursday 24th Nov, 12.40pm from his home, 1pm and st pauls church Hanging Heaton, 2pm at Dewsbury cemetary and 2.30pm at Dewsbury Rams rugby club Owl Lane Dewsbury everyone is more than welcome. Thank you for all your lovely messages.

Archived