Who will win?  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is going to win the US Presidential Election

• Trump (Republican)
    • Clinton (Democrat)
    • Don't care (English)

9 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I have lived and worked all over the world.

I spent five hours in Canada.

It was more than enough :P

That one hour for two provinces each...excluding the 3 territories...are you the Flash?

9 hours ago, Shadow said:

By sending the ones we sent to Canada we improved the average IQ of both countries:tongue:

Quebec is not its own country silly.

49 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

That one hour for two provinces each...excluding the 3 territories...are you the Flash?

No.

That is why I lingered for so long :P

5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

No.

That is why I lingered for so long :P

SorrEh I don't think you would find much aboot Canadia in that amount of time, eh.

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

SorrEh I don't think you would find much aboot Canadia in that amount of time, eh.

I spent three hours thinking it was my fault they were so boring.

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I spent three hours thinking it was my fault they were so boring.

Of course it was your fault, who else would be responsible?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Of course it was your fault, who else would be responsible?

Don't you start!

Typical Canadians.

This is why anti-Canadian racism is OK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Don't you start!

Typical Canadians.

This is why anti-Canadian racism is OK.

You're telling me!

Throughout the entire world we (Canadians) suffer this discrimination constantly...the cold weather jokes, the cruel jabs about being dull and plain (like gruel)...we are getting awful  tired of it, and we don't know where people get these weird ideas about us... 

Well now that I've had my rant its really cold and snowy outside so I'm going to get a bowl of porridge.

See ya soon!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You're telling me!

Throughout the entire world we (Canadians) suffer this discrimination constantly...the cold weather jokes, the cruel jabs about being dull and plain (like gruel)...we are getting awful  tired of it, and we don't know where people get these weird ideas about us... 

Well now that I've had my rant its really cold and snowy outside so I'm going to get a bowl of porridge.

See ya soon!

It’s unfair but there’s little you can do aboot it eh

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Just shiver and dream of spring!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I'd rather be playing ice hockey than surfing...Na, not really!

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I thought it should be aboat rather than aboot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M j M said:

Whilst this claims to be a definitive list, it actually does nothing but make his detractors look hyperbolic. Some of these claims are so spurious it makes it easy for his supporters to see it as a hit job.

Amongst this list are examples such as where Trump has called Obama a terrible president. Seriously. This list is largely just a list of times he's been mean to ethnic people. Because we all know Trump has never said anything bad or done anything bad to white people.

Take the comment this week about sh*thole countries. It has been used as a cast iron example of racism when other people use it all the time about obviously non-racist situations.

I'm not saying he's not racist, at the very least he makes ill-informed generalisations about different peoples but articles like these just make it easier for his defenders to defend him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Whilst this claims to be a definitive list, it actually does nothing but make his detractors look hyperbolic. Some of these claims are so spurious it makes it easy for his supporters to see it as a hit job.

Amongst this list are examples such as where Trump has called Obama a terrible president. Seriously. This list is largely just a list of times he's been mean to ethnic people. Because we all know Trump has never said anything bad or done anything bad to white people.

Take the comment this week about sh*thole countries. It has been used as a cast iron example of racism when other people use it all the time about obviously non-racist situations.

I'm not saying he's not racist, at the very least he makes ill-informed generalisations about different peoples but articles like these just make it easier for his defenders to defend him.

He didn't call Obama a terrible President, he made a big deal of how lazy he was (without any evidence). According to a book written in 1991 by a former Trump employee, Trump reportedly said "I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control…. Don’t you agree?”. Not hard to see why he held that view on Obama. 

His defenders will defend him regardless. This is a man who got taken to court for having different housing for black people, marking their forms "C" for "Coloured". The argument that he is racist is pretty difficult to refute. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

He didn't call Obama a terrible President, he made a big deal of how lazy he was (without any evidence). According to a book written in 1991 by a former Trump employee, Trump reportedly said "I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control…. Don’t you agree?”. Not hard to see why he held that view on Obama. 

His defenders will defend him regardless. This is a man who got taken to court for having different housing for black people, marking their forms "C" for "Coloured". The argument that he is racist is pretty difficult to refute. 

A great deal of it is implicit.  

Within an American context, he was clearly overtly racist on the campaign trail.  But it is also clear that:
- Many people are OK with that, so spelling it out more clearly will not change their mind
- It relies on context, so it does not sound that overt to Europeans or people who do not want to hear it.

The only area where Trump has lost votes are affluent, white women, with whom he had been popular.  Otherwise, none of this is affecting how he is seen.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

- It relies on context, so it does not sound that overt to Europeans or people who do not want to hear it.

It's pretty simple:

Border security = Mexicans

Inner cities = Blacks

Globalists or Banks, Bankers = Jews

Terrorists = Arabs

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

It's pretty simple:

Inner cities = Blacks

Terrorists = Arabs

Yes.

But, I would not expect a reasonable Englishman to find that reasonable.  So to speak. 

As, surely it is fair to speak about all these things.

47 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

My apology, he said he was a terrible student.

So because we all agree that Trump is an idiot, all claims written about him are treated as proof now? Was it racism when he said Jeb Bush was low energy or talked about lyin' Ted Cruz?

My point isn't that he isn't racist, there are a couple of examples that are very damning (the Mexicans quote for instance) but conflating them with anytime he did or said something bad to an ethnic person just allows his supporters to roll their eyes and dismiss it as a hit job. It is self-defeating IMO.

There are plenty of actual concrete examples of Trump's unsuitability for president to be getting on that would be far more effective than simply shouting racist everytime he does something stupid. This simply confirms to his support base the idea that some on the left overuse labels to the point they are ineffective.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

My apology, he said he was a terrible student.

So because we all agree that Trump is an idiot, all claims written about him are treated as proof now? Was it racism when he said Jeb Bush was low energy or talked about lyin' Ted Cruz?

My point isn't that he isn't racist, there are a couple of examples that are very damning (the Mexicans quote for instance) but conflating them with anytime he did or said something bad to an ethnic person just allows his supporters to roll their eyes and dismiss it as a hit job. It is self-defeating IMO.

There are plenty of actual concrete examples of Trump's unsuitability for president to be getting on that would be far more effective than simply shouting racist everytime he does something stupid. This simply confirms to his support base the idea that some on the left overuse labels to the point they are ineffective.

He said he was a terrible student...based off what? His magna ###### laude Law Doctorate and his Presidency of the Harvard Law Review?

Not all claims written about him are proof, no. However,  when Trump was asked about this book generally, he said "the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true". If Trump was pretty confident this book was accurate, who are we to disagree?

So you aren't saying he isn't a racist, you're just taking issue with some of the examples used to show that he is a racist, amongst other examples where he comes across as racist? Is that correct? 

Edited by Saint 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

He said he was a terrible student...based off what? His magna ###### laude Law Doctorate and his Presidency of the Harvard Law Review?

Not all claims written about him are proof, no. However,  when Trump was asked about this book generally, he said "the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true". If Trump was pretty confident this book was accurate, who are we to disagree?

So you aren't saying he isn't a racist, you're just taking issue with some of the examples used to show that he is a racist, amongst other examples where he comes across as racist? Is that correct? 

Just so we're clear when he calls Obama a terrible student it's racism, when he calls everybody else names with no basis (which he does all the time) it's not racism?

I've made it clear what I actually think, if you want to characterise it into something else feel free.

35 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

It's pretty simple:

Inner cities = Blacks

Terrorists = Arabs

One of the symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome is that it persuades people to make overtly racist statements while claiming they are attributing them to Trump.

You've illustrated that perfectly. And I'm sure you're not a racist yourself.

When Trump allegedly made the s***hole comment recently, CNN apparently repeated the word 36 times on its programmes that day, while also having guests who seemed to glory in using the 'n' word while suggesting they were saying what Trump would say.

If anyone is promoting racism, I'm afraid they are.

They really need to look at themselves.

2 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

One of the symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome is that it persuades people to make overtly racist statements while claiming they are attributing them to Trump.

You've illustrated that perfectly. And I'm sure you're not a racist yourself.

Are you saying highlighting the dogwhistles Trump and his supporters use is just as bad or worse than the initial comments?