President of USA (Merged threads)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is going to win the US Presidential Election

• Trump (Republican)
    • Clinton (Democrat)
    • Don't care (English)

I've just realized that it's Bernie sanders country and I wonder how many of the "Bernie or bust" people come from that state and if they'll write in bernie's name.

They may as well vote Trump if they're that dumb. Even Sanders himself has urged his supporters to vote for Clinton.

They may as well vote Trump if they're that dumb. Even Sanders himself has urged his supporters to vote for Clinton.

What you call "dumb" I'd call sticking to your principles by not voting for a warmongering bought and paid for by the big banks and Wall Street politician.

The Republicans may well benefit from a Clinton win and a single term (or less), troubled and effectively neutralised presidency. That way, they can prepare a rational candidate for the next election, as well as giving them an opportunity to marginalise the troublesome Trumpist fringe as a failed aberration.

I've just realized that it's Bernie sanders country and I wonder how many of the "Bernie or bust" people come from that state and if they'll write in bernie's name.

I would not read much into that. Firstly, it is Vermont which has Sanders, which is a reasonably conservative state. Sanders gets a big majority because of him rather than his politics. New Hampshire is also reasonably conservative.

I would not read much into that. Firstly, it is Vermont which has Sanders, which is a reasonably conservative state. Sanders gets a big majority because of him rather than his politics. New Hampshire is also reasonably conservative.

True but every vote counts for Clinton and sanders won the democratic primary in NH.

True but every vote counts for Clinton and sanders won the democratic primary in NH.

NH would be Sanders territory regardless, but I agree the proximity helped. I cannot envisage many spoiling their ballot, but we will see.

Are you having a laugh? Bill 'I did not have sex with that woman' Clinton? Why yes, he's a part time monk.

And what did that have to do with his conduct of a public office.  And would anyone have known about it had the Republicans not spent millions trying to pin something on him.

Roosevelt had a mistress, and also was paralysed from the waste down but the public never found out.  Eisenhower also had a mistress, and no one found out, likewise Kennedy and Johnson.  God knows what Reagan got up to in the swamp that was Hollywood, but nothing came to light.   The Bush family's antics don't bear too close an inspection either, but then they never got one.

I repeat, no one has been able to pin anything really serious on either of the Clintons despite looking very hard indeed.

And what did that have to do with his conduct of a public office.  And would anyone have known about it had the Republicans not spent millions trying to pin something on him.

Roosevelt had a mistress, and also was paralysed from the waste down but the public never found out.  Eisenhower also had a mistress, and no one found out, likewise Kennedy and Johnson.  God knows what Reagan got up to in the swamp that was Hollywood, but nothing came to light.   The Bush family's antics don't bear too close an inspection either, but then they never got one.

I repeat, no one has been able to pin anything really serious on either of the Clintons despite looking very hard indeed.

That is because the FBI have given immunity from prosecution to 5 witnesses in the Clinton E-mail treason scandal. And that begs the question if nothing wrong has been  done why has immunity from prosecution been sought and given. 

And what did that have to do with his conduct of a public office. And would anyone have known about it had the Republicans not spent millions trying to pin something on him.

Roosevelt had a mistress, and also was paralysed from the waste down but the public never found out. Eisenhower also had a mistress, and no one found out, likewise Kennedy and Johnson. God knows what Reagan got up to in the swamp that was Hollywood, but nothing came to light. The Bush family's antics don't bear too close an inspection either, but then they never got one.

So by your logic Jimmy Saville was OK then? After all, he was never convicted of anything. I think it's a case of you believing what you want to believe. They're all as bent as 9 Bob notes, the lot of them.

So by your logic Jimmy Saville was OK then? After all, he was never convicted of anything. I think it's a case of you believing what you want to believe. They're all as bent as 9 Bob notes, the lot of them.

100% correct. I hardly agree with anything that trump says but he nailed it when he referred to Hillary Clinton as "crooked Hillary". That and the disastrous trade deals.

Not sure that the fact she's female overrides everything. I can only hope there's some sort of dead heat 50-50 split and both are forced to start again.

They wouldn't start again. In the event of a tie (270 votes each) the House of Representatives have to choose the president from the three candidates with the largest popular vote, with each state having just one vote. If that doesn't work things then get tricky.

Roosevelt had a mistress, and also was paralysed from the waste down but the public never found out.  Eisenhower also had a mistress, and no one found out, likewise Kennedy and Johnson. 

How do you know then?

100% correct. I hardly agree with anything that trump says but he nailed it when he referred to Hillary Clinton as "crooked Hillary". That and the disastrous trade deals.

What has happened is the global workforce has pretty much doubled in the last twenty years, without a doubling in demand.  Labour is cheap globally and trade deals can either be protectionist and accept less growth or open and accept higher competition.  The trade deals are not the source of the problem.

Despite reading the thread on here every day I think Ive been in denial for months thinking at some point I would wake up and think "well that was a ridiculous dream".  But reality is here now for us all to face.  What will Trump do though if/when he loses?  He's obviously not going to shake hands and say "fair play Mrs C". 

Trump is alleging (on Fox, reported elsewhere) that machines are both switching R votes to D and not logging R votes.

Elsewhere he has alleged malpractice at a polling station in Nevada.

The Republicans may well benefit from a Clinton win and a single term (or less), troubled and effectively neutralised presidency. That way, they can prepare a rational candidate for the next election, as well as giving them an opportunity to marginalise the troublesome Trumpist fringe as a failed aberration.

The GOP realised after Romney lost that they had to widen their appeal, especially to hispanics.  They spent years getting ready then ended up with Trump.

The leadership of the GOP know what they have to do, just that doesn't tie in with a significant part of their own electorate.  With the tea party element they are unlikely to ever get a rational candidate in the near future.

Trump is alleging (on Fox, reported elsewhere) that machines are both switching R votes to D and not logging R votes.

Elsewhere he has alleged malpractice at a polling station in Nevada.

For more of the same sort of thing, 'The Secret Life of Four-Year-Olds' starts on Channel 4 in a couple of minutes.

From the initial exit polls, a depressing stat:

- 59 percent of voters say Clinton is not honest, 65 percent say Trump isn’t honest.

Nothing has been proved against Hillary.  Trump on the other hand has been found out in lies again and again.

Only 5 minutes into Fox coverage and Megyn slips in a sly dig at Karl Rove re: coverage of the last POTUS election. I don't think they'll have him back today.

I'm fed up of all the common sense mundane politics of people that will promise things and sit on the fence. I voted Brexit to liven our country up and get back to what we were good at. Not 40 years of fence sitting and abiding by numerous other countries. My political sway goes toward that of Democrats but I'd love Trump to get in. 1) out of curiousity of what will happen and 2) to make sure America never gets into this state again. Why o why can't a president stay past two terms? Obama has been steady, particularly after his predecessor, of whom America voted in for a second term (W Bush)

They have reanimated the putrid corpse of the undead Karl Rove and let him back in the studio. I don't know if Fox used him during the campaign - might have been awkward considering Rove resigned from the GWB White House to avoid a Senate Judiciary Cttee subpoena requiring him to hand over emails .....