• Don't care (English)

On 9/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

They never did like cricket 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They never did like cricket 

Oh no

they love it

There's a new CNN Poll out:   https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/10/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-independents/index.html

The full poll is here:  https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/09/10/rel8a.-.trump.pdf    It's about 15 pages long with another 20 pages on methodology but here are a few points:

CNN1.png.c1b4da803896b513687a9f26d36ea51c.png

CNN1.png.c1b4da803896b513687a9f26d36ea51c.png

CNN3.png.b67c6ec48d7f4934439089142c76f338.png

CNN4.png.2524076c92a094d4c798d30105d7f154.png

If you look at the first 2 they look bad but, if you believe that people vote with their wallets and stomachs, the second two look more encouraging for the GOP.

Other polls have him at 31% with Independents and losing support among non-college-educated white males, which sounds ominous.

I've tried everything I can think of to delete this repeat of the last question but it won't go away. This is my 5th attempted edit.

CNN2.png

Edited by Farmduck

His handling of the Puerto Rico hurricane would have brought other presidencies to their knees. Even he must have learned some lessons from that pathetic #######how.

His handling of 9/11 wasn't very good either:

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

3000 people die and its all about him.

I genuinely didn’t think he could shock me anymore... I was wrong. 

On the new series of QI the other night they made a big play about Trump being the first president at the White House not to have a pet. WRONG, what about that thing that lives on his head😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Confirmed that Manafort is a flipper.

The timeline difference between priceless historical Trump tweet and something that makes it look silly is getting shorter.

• Haha 4

I'm on my way to go hiking in the Alps and may be out of range of the news for a week. Will the idiot POTUS still be in place by next Saturday?

2 hours ago, shaun mc said:

I'm on my way to go hiking in the Alps and may be out of range of the news for a week. Will the idiot POTUS still be in place by next Saturday?

I'm afraid so Shaun MC, the American public who voted him in are either too stupid or brainwashed by his retoric for things to change. How they can believe  he's working to help them and fail to understand the utter contempt he has for them, and not see that he's in it for his ego, vanity and profit  astounds me. 

The rest of the Republicans, while wearing a peg on their nose, won't derail him and lose their own place on the gravy train.   As for the Democrats, no leader and frightened of the backlash from middle America if they could instigate change.

31 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I'm afraid so Shaun MC, the American public who voted him in are either too stupid or brainwashed by his retoric for things to change. How they can believe  he's working to help them and fail to understand the utter contempt he has for them, and not see that he's in it for his ego, vanity and profit  astounds me. 

The rest of the Republicans, while wearing a peg on their nose, won't derail him and lose their own place on the gravy train.   As for the Democrats, no leader and frightened of the backlash from middle America if they could instigate change.

It is great to dismiss you opponents as stupid or brainwashed.  Creationists do it about evolutionists, Leavers about Remainers, climate chanage deniers about warmists.

Trump's hardcore support comes from two things.  The post war social contract was that in exchange for not being communist, white working class America would get spiralling prosperity for their work.  Now, the ones who see blacks benefitting and advancing see their end of the deal broken and are angry. 

7 hours ago, Bob8 said:

It is great to dismiss you opponents as stupid or brainwashed.  Creationists do it about evolutionists, Leavers about Remainers, climate chanage deniers about warmists.

Trump's hardcore support comes from two things.  The post war social contract was that in exchange for not being communist, white working class America would get spiralling prosperity for their work.  Now, the ones who see blacks benefitting and advancing see their end of the deal broken and are angry. 

I thought slavery and emancipation happened long ago, they say travel broadens the mind, how many Americans hold a passport? how many have even travelled outside their own state, for many Americans over the last eighty years their only means of travel abroad has been in the armed forces and we know how successful that has been in Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East. My country, right or wrong, God bless America. Maybe they should question these statements and those who espouse them, Make America great again, hmm, it's never the espouser who's life, job family or status is in danger,they are the draft Dodgers, who's rich family can buy them a cushy air force placing (Bush) or a medical refusal (Trump).                      Blind faith. It's bad for your health.

7 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I thought slavery and emancipation happened long ago, they say travel broadens the mind, how many Americans hold a passport? how many have even travelled outside their own state, for many Americans over the last eighty years their only means of travel abroad has been in the armed forces and we know how successful that has been in Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East. My country, right or wrong, God bless America. Maybe they should question these statements and those who espouse them, Make America great again, hmm, it's never the espouser who's life, job family or status is in danger,they are the draft Dodgers, who's rich family can buy them a cushy air force placing (Bush) or a medical refusal (Trump).                      Blind faith. It's bad for your health.

Moving state for a job is common in the USA.  Moving 1,000 miles for a new job is more common in the USA than in Europe. You have made your mind up, good for you.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Moving state for a job is common in the USA.  Moving 1,000 miles for a new job is more common in the USA than in Europe. You have made your mind up, good for you.

It definitely is for people who are college educated and has been a proud boast of the US over other regions in the world. At lower wage levels mobility is declining, partially because states are becoming somewhat protectionist as they come under pressure to provide "local jobs for local people".