Who will win?  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is going to win the US Presidential Election

• Trump (Republican)
    • Clinton (Democrat)
    • Don't care (English)

21 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I mean if they’re going to remove white nationalists then they should also remove antifa and other elements of the far left. 2 sides of the same coin  

Only in the mind of white supremacists. And Trump.

• Like 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-budget-deficit-hits-record-february-national-debt-2019-3?r=US&IR=T

The US posted a record budget deficit in the month of February, according to a new report form the Treasury Department. 

The budget deficit for February came in at $234 billion, according to the Treasury, higher than the previous monthly record of $231.7 billion set in 2012. The deficit was also 8.7% higher than the $215.2 billion deficit posted in February 2018. 

The budget deficit measures the shortfall of government revenues compared to what the government spends. Recent legislative changes have driven the deficit up to its highest levels since the financial crisis.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Latest terrorist attack in the USA came from an 8chan user.  How many terrorists need to originate from a website before action is taken?

• Like 1

Trump 2020 campaigning... anyone still questioning his fitness for the position?

• Like 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

On 27/04/2019 at 17:37, gingerjon said:

And that is why, in spite of instinctively being in favour of online voting systems, I don't think we should move away from the paper audit trail system we have now.

No I think we should trial online voting in safe seats first and learn what the vulnerabilities are. We had online voting (as an option) in the NSW elections last month and there were no complaints. There are electorates around my place that always vote 70% Labor so they could use those to develop a profile - % of voters choosing online, date and time of online voting, etc, effect on in-person and postal. Once you have a profile of how people will use online voting then you will know what anomalies to look for. Meanwhile, in my local seats, if the Labor vote varies outside the 60-80% band you will know there is something wrong and either way, Labor will still win.

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Latest terrorist attack in the USA came from an 8chan user.  How many terrorists need to originate from a website before action is taken?

Now is not the time to politicise the latest shooting up of a place of worship by a white nationalist.

#notallwhitepeople

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I’m not defending 8chan but if it could be considered a source of terrorism then it sets a dangerous precedent in regards to stamping out other “sources” of terrorism

Edited by Yorkshire Knight

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Now is not the time to politicise the latest shooting up of a place of worship by a white nationalist.

#notallwhitepeople

It’s convenient when it suits. But don’t you dare do the same if someone other than a white nationalist commits an act of terrorism, bigot.....

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I’m not defending 8chan but if it could be considered a source of terrorism then it sets a dangerous precedent in regards to stamping out other “sources” of tourism 

Jihadi sites are shut down, removed from twitter, etc.  So your precedent is already made.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

#notallwhitepeople

He set fire to a mosque the other week too (so he claims), so quite the bundle of hatred.

What's this 'doctors murder babies' thing from Trump?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

What's this 'doctors murder babies' thing from Trump?

Fake news obviously.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/04/trump-abortion-baby-wrapped-blanket-execute-baby.html

The Wagner mercenaries that flew in the other month suggest otherwise...

He doesn't understand how tariffs work... or he is hoping his followers don't...

Trump's lies and corruption have become so commonplace that we've become a bit immune to tracking them every day.

Here's today's little bit of pay to play.

Barr in contempt. As with contempt of parliament over here, it no longer seems to matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48204251

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

36 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Barr in contempt. As with contempt of parliament over here, it no longer seems to matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48204251

A lot of things in politics are based on the idea that being caught is the biggest deterrent (see our electoral commission fines), the shame and embarrassment is enough to stop most people doing it.  If someone doesn't care, the punishments suddenly appear weak and meaningless.