Who will win?  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is going to win the US Presidential Election

• Trump (Republican)
    • Clinton (Democrat)
    • Don't care (English)

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

A lot of things in politics are based on the idea that being caught is the biggest deterrent (see our electoral commission fines), the shame and embarrassment is enough to stop most people doing it.  If someone doesn't care, the punishments suddenly appear weak and meaningless.  

The same type of rot happened in Ancient Rome...Oh, to have a Scipio Africanus again!

50 minutes ago, M j M said:

Obviously tRump has forgotten that his mother was an immigrant and his Dads parents were immigrants as well.

Perhaps his memory is fading in his old age or perhaps he just has a selective memory

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Obviously tRump has forgotten that his mother was an immigrant and his Dads parents were immigrants as well.

Perhaps his memory is fading in his old age or perhaps he just has a selective memory

For some reason Trump keeps falsely claiming his father, who was a mean and nasty piece of work (and about whom Woody Guthrie wrote his song, 'Old Man Trump'), was born in Germany.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/apr/04/donald-trump/despite-what-donald-trump-keeps-saying-his-father-/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

There are immigrants and there are immigrants in Trumps world.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Georgia’s new abortion law means that women can be investigated if they have a miscarriage.

• Sad 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Georgia’s new abortion law means that women can be investigated if they have a miscarriage.

Investigated and charged with second degree murder, I believe.

And no abortions after six weeks.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

D6NLHEYW4AEQqze.jpg

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Investigated and charged with second degree murder, I believe.

And no abortions after six weeks.

Of course, draconian abortion laws would never be permitted in any European country...…. would they? 

What happens if a woman miscarries after being hit by a milkshake during a demonstration?

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

Of course, draconian abortion laws would never be permitted in any European country...…. would they? 

What happens if a woman miscarries after being hit by a milkshake during a demonstration?

In Georgia, presumably, it would count as manslaughter.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

Dangerous game throwing milk shakes then.

Only under such a dangerous law.

• Like 1

Running a charity is such a selfless act...

China doesn't pay the tariffs.  Americans do.

• Like 1

• Like 3

Wait what now?

• Like 3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Elections have consequences.

This should get shot down by some lower federal court and then it'll be interesting if the Supremes take any interest in taking it up.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Elections have consequences.

This should get shot down by some lower federal court and then it'll be interesting if the Supremes take any interest in taking it up.

It’s whole purpose is to go to the Supreme Court.

• Like 1

Louisiana Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser showing off his socks to Trump 😄 I bet that went down like an excrement sandwich with Trump 😄

image.png

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQij4aQq1k

I just watched this video about reforming USA political system - end gerrymandering, stop corporate money, introduce preferential voting - and it's really just a 12-minute statement of the obvious. The interesting point I found was the claim that a study of public opinion polls going back 30 years found that a proposal with 100% public support had only a 30% chance of being passed into law. On the other hand, a proposal with 0% public approval also had a 30% chance of becoming law.

I wonder what the current public polls say about war with Iran.