Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Bradford, Haven or Toronto?

Bradford in administration (again) and their membership of the RFL terminated until there is a resolution, raises some interesting outcomes.

The proposed new national RL museum planned 2020 for Bradford, could be put on hold!   It appears that a 6 or12 points deduction or relegation are on the cards. Whitehaven being reinstated to the Championship would result in three of our 2016 squad in opposition. The prospect of Toronto's parachute landing early could be a possibility, despite being an unproven entity.  If so, it may be marginally warmer for a February fixture at Spotland!

Hopefully, the outcome will not drag out too long -

Chairman Marc Green: “I will be working closely with the Administrators over the coming weeks and it is my intention to regain this club from them within the shortest practicable time frame.”

Administrator:  “I appreciate the club has been in this position twice before in recent years and in my own view ensuring it does not occur again will be paramount.”

We shall see.

Bradford should be relegated, number of times that club have gone in to administration is a joke.

But unfortunately they would have been our best pay day. Bradford would have brought more fans to the chip oil arena than any other club in the championship. 

But unfortunately they would have been our best pay day. Bradford would have brought more fans to the chip oil arena than any other club in the championship.

Agreed, same with us over at the Yeds. A 12-18 points deduction will do for me. Oh and a loss of the £450k they were due. Give them the same as the lower teams. Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

not enough with 30 games to play in the champ. then the play offs.  they could easily win 16 games and end up with £450.000.   Oldham stayed up with 10 wins and a draw relegate them. 

Whitehaven Back and if you do some research about their own trials through the season this would be the right decision!

I'm not sure it's a good idea to reward teams that have relegated. The usual points deduction plus 6 more for being serial offenders I think.

They won't relegate Bradford,never going to happen but just let's say they do,what about promoting Barrow? They where runner's up to Toulouse in promotion final,they are a forward thinking club one again after a few seasons in the doldrums after the RFL RELEGATED them.

Anyway it's all irrelevant because Bradford won't get relegated.

See you all at your place for the opening game of the season.

They won't relegate Bradford,never going to happen but just let's say they do,what about promoting Barrow? They where runner's up to Toulouse in promotion final,they are a forward thinking club one again after a few seasons in the doldrums after the RFL RELEGATED them.

Anyway it's all irrelevant because Bradford won't get relegated.

See you all at your place for the opening game of the season.

Technically incorrect Graham. The punishment was a deduction of 29 points, not relegation. The deduction was enough for them to be relegated!

However, their case has very little to do with Bradford. Barrow were deemed to have broken the salary cap, and taken deliberate steps to hide the fact. Bradford have entered administration for very different reasons.