Andy Murray - Tennis
Adam Peaty - Swimming
Kate Richardson-Walsh - Hockey
Nick Skelton - Equestrian
Dame Sarah Storey - Cycling
Jamie Vardy - Football
Max Whitlock - Gymnastics
Danny Willett - Golf

Now, as is traditional in this festive season, let the usual posts begin, usually along the lines of "<Insert name> havnt got a persnality lol", and other comments that people think have never ever been made before. :rolleyes: 

Or we could just discuss who we'd vote for. You know, like civilised people.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I voted for Sir Kev last year and I voted for Saints when the won team of the year.  Shan't bother this time, don't really care.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

If it really is about personality, then it's got to be Nicola Adams. She never stops smiling and comes across as genuinely likeable. More personality than all the others.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

If it really is about personality, then it's got to be Nicola Adams. She never stops smiling and comes across as genuinely likeable. More personality than all the others.

I think her choices on Desert Island Discs last week might have killed off a few Radio 4 listeners though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Old dodera Nick Skelton will get it.

I see the token soccer player is in there as usuall, can't they just admit there isn't a soccer player worthy of a place.

Personaly I'd go for Mo after his amazing recovery.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'd vote for Brownlee, Mo or Adams personally.

EDIT: or Max Whitlock

Good choices. I'd add Laura Kenny to that list of people who deserve to do well, but will finish behind Andy Murray. But the thickoes might not realise she's the same person as Laura Trott.

If Murray wins it, all well and good. He's had a great year, especially towards the end of the season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old dodera Nick Skelton will get it.

I see the token soccer player is in there as usuall, can't they just admit there isn't a soccer player worthy of a place.

Personaly I'd go for Mo after his amazing recovery.

To be fair Gareth Bale did almost singlehandedly take wales to the semi finals of Euro 2016

Good choices. I'd add Laura Kenny to that list of people who deserve to do well, but will finish behind Andy Murray. But the thickoes might not realise she's the same person as Laura Trott.

If Murray wins it, all well and good. He's had a great year, especially towards the end of the season.

Yeah I think with the olympians its hard to place one moment above the others. Theres so many good reasons why quite a few could win.

To be fair Gareth Bale did almost singlehandedly take wales to the semi finals of Euro 2016

Also helped Real Madrid win the Champions League.

I'll be voting for one of the cyclists, probably Laura (Trott) Kenny but I think Gareth Bale will win because I expect the whole of Wales to vote for "one of their own".

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

I think Andy Murray will win because Scotland+English tennis beats Allofwales. But Bale's performances for Wales, especially in qualifying, were incredible and more than deserving of recognition.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think Andy Murray will win because Scotland+English tennis beats Allofwales. But Bale's performances for Wales, especially in qualifying, were incredible and more than deserving of recognition.

<Tired old joke mode> But now he's a proven winner Murray is British.</tired old joke mode>

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On Radio Five Live this morning, , Nicky Campbell was pushing for the Scotland Rugby League side for SPOTY Team of the Year.  10...9...8...7...6...5....

2016 is a weird, weird year...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It's not often I agree with a Salford fan, but this once I will. Surprised the BBC haven't put some England RU player on the list, as usual.

On Radio Five Live this morning, , Nicky Campbell was pushing for the Scotland Rugby League side for SPOTY Team of the Year.  10...9...8...7...6...5....

My work here is done.

Farewell TRL.....the world has gone mad

I think what Mo Farah has done comfortably eclipses anyone else on the list.

To back up over 5 and 10,000 metres against countries we began to believe would never be beaten again at those distances is astonishing.

There are several worthy candidates but in terms of absolute achievement I think his outweighs them. Plus the best he's previously managed is third despite his years of success, so he's due.

It's not often I agree with a Salford fan, but this once I will. Surprised the BBC haven't put some England RU player on the list, as usual.

Headline on back page of the times today was that someone that I genuinely had never heard of was missed off the list. His claim seemed to be that he had played RU for England and that his club had won the league (I think). Unfortunately, I've already forgotten the name (Itoje perhaps?) 

Mo Farah for me. Very few people in the world have ever played tennis, or boxed, or ridden a horse; to be a world champion in running is a far more difficult thing.

I think what Mo Farah has done comfortably eclipses anyone else on the list.

To back up over 5 and 10,000 metres against countries we began to believe would never be beaten again at those distances is astonishing.

There are several worthy candidates but in terms of absolute achievement I think his outweighs them. Plus the best he's previously managed is third despite his years of success, so he's due.

oh, THAT Mo! Not this one then? 

61_lindsay_1070095a.jpg

The "BBC" doesn't pick the list., it's a mixture of sports journalists, administrators and actual sportspeople.

Since 2010 RU and RL have had the same number of nominees - 1.

In all the years since it began RU has only had one winner - care to have a wild guess who?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived