Sign in to follow this  
boro hornet

Kit Launch

Don't think it's as good as last seasons kit, the colours looked odd, maybe it was the stage lighting. As for the away kit, we had a dark away kit before, and we didn't win many games in it, like Man United when they played in grey, they changed it half way through the season citing they could not distinguish other members of the team from the background, they blended in. In a fast paced game like ours you need bright colours. grey is to drab.

That was a very successful evening. I loved the dark grey away kit. I'll be getting one of those. Not so sure about the home kit, it's quite similar to last season's shirt.

But when your colours are red, white and blue hoops, there will be some similarity...

Newtown Jets' jersey has been Royal Blue since 1908! (2016, 1976 and 1933 shown for comparison)

0.jpg

img_9626.jpg

1933-Newtown_RLFC_1st_grade_premiership_

I watched a game maybe last season or the season before involving Newtown and saw a recent Hornets flag waving in the crowd. Was that you sir?

No Dave that was our Sydney Supporters Branch. Though the flag might make the trip next year.

Don't think it's as good as last seasons kit, the colours looked odd, maybe it was the stage lighting. As for the away kit, we had a dark away kit before, and we didn't win many games in it, like Man United when they played in grey, they changed it half way through the season citing they could not distinguish other members of the team from the background, they blended in. In a fast paced game like ours you need bright colours. grey is to drab.

I've just looked at a blown up picture on Twitter and got to say the more I see the shirts the more I am liking them especially the home shirt. The away shirt is also growing on me, but I'm still not a big fan of dark shirts for the team. Think the lights in the Flying Horse must have dimmed my vision, certainly dimmed my ###### ears. ha ha ha.

Great response to the new kit this morning. To get yours call up during office hours during the week. RugbyShack will be open again before and after every game at Spotland. New leisure range will be launch February. #GetYourKitOn.

Merry Christmas from us all at the RugbyShack.See you all in the new year.

Follow us on twitter @ShackRugby