20th Anniversary Year 2017

roughyed34

Was just reminiscing on the book of face with a couple of inputs from Oldham legend Des Foy. I wonder if the club would consider doing a heritage day during the season, bits and pieces going on,meet ex players etc and a parade of ex players (Wally Gibson is planning to come to the UK next year)and the "Hall of fame" players that are still with us,at half time like we used to have every now and again at Sheddings. If advertised right and with a few legends in attendance might get a few who connect to the "old days" to have a gander. Be great to see some of the old boys at a game and have pics etc.

That'd be a great idea if the club could pull it off.There's nothing like a trip down memory lane. The old faces of the past combined with the present team in photos together. The new club is the same age as my son(he's 20 in February).A heritage day would be a great way to celebrate ORLFC, both the new and old clubs with all the history and traditions to boot.

Was just reminiscing on the book of face with a couple of inputs from Oldham legend Des Foy. I wonder if the club would consider doing a heritage day during the season, bits and pieces going on,meet ex players etc and a parade of ex players (Wally Gibson is planning to come to the UK next year)and the "Hall of fame" players that are still with us,at half time like we used to have every now and again at Sheddings. If advertised right and with a few legends in attendance might get a few who connect to the "old days" to have a gander. Be great to see some of the old boys at a game and have pics etc.

Top Idea, and get a heritage shirt done

I wonder if our website wizard(Dave Naylor) could see if the club has anything in the pipeline regarding this being the new clubs 20th anniversary?.As Clifford says this could be a great opportunity to get everyone together, build bridges and re engage with people who may have dropped off the radar for one reason or another.

You know when you have kids and you have something planned for them at Christmas.  Then, in the weeks leading up to the festive period,  they start talking about the very thing you're working on but you can't say too much because it'd spoil the surprise.  That.

Archived