Cheap season tickets for 'Batley Boys supporters'

buford t justice

Can we all say we support them and get them cheap?

I would have thought BISSA, supporters club, war chest members and all the volunteers should get a similar discount?

What makes any Tom Dick and Harry at Batley Boys entited to a discount and not the loyal band of supporters mentioned above?

Kids go free anyway, so why not extend it to all fans with kids? What makes the parents / families of Batley Boys players so special?

Can someone in the know please explain as im baffled by this.

post-5190-0-18257100-1481751377_thumb.jpg

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

That is an error in wording as it should not be"supporters" but rather players & parents of child players. The Boys are based at our Club and the idea is to encourage kids who have an interest in RL to become established future supporters of the Club by encouraging parents to bring them and indeed also encourage them to support their kids interest in the game. So it is trying to both promote participation & support for our Club. Hope this clarifies the issue.

That is an error in wording as it should not be"supporters" but rather players & parents of child players. The Boys are based at our Club and the idea is to encourage kids who have an interest in RL to become established future supporters of the Club by encouraging parents to bring them and indeed also encourage them to support their kids interest in the game. So it is trying to both promote participation & support for our Club. Hope this clarifies the issue.

Hi Kev, does the offer extend to current Batley supporters whose children play at Batley Boys - or just parents who haven't previously supported the club?

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Sounds like it applies to the open age team too if you read what this fella has put?

Surely that isnt right? All the club are doing is giving discounts to people like him who come anyway?

As a paying supporter I dont mind paying the going rate, but I feel it should be fair across the board and id be interested to know how many are taking up this offer who come anyway and who would pay full price.

Surely the offer should only be a one off to fans who havent been before? Otherwise all we are doing is losing £60 per ticket!

post-5190-0-43752300-1481790765_thumb.png

Everybody over the years have advised us to do various discounts and offers which we would do if we thought they would only be used by new people but the problem is invarably they are not. From past experience this will only be small numbers. If people think that because a particular person has got a cheaper ticket than them they will withdraw their support by no longer buying a season ticket then i regret that but it is their choice which i hope they will not do.

I came on here just to clarify the position but i cannot get involved in a debate so will leave that to others. I can see peoples different points of view.

Everybody over the years have advised us to do various discounts and offers which we would do if we thought they would only be used by new people but the problem is invarably they are not. From past experience this will only be small numbers. If people think that because a particular person has got a cheaper ticket than them they will withdraw their support by no longer buying a season ticket then i regret that but it is their choice which i hope they will not do.

I came on here just to clarify the position but i cannot get involved in a debate so will leave that to others. I can see peoples different points of view.

I apprecoate that Kevin.

As you say though, you can see differing points of view so I hope within the board you will maybe all look into this and see if it is viable to keep doing it, as by the looks of it all it is doing is losing the club money on ticket sales and a small club like ours can ill afford to do that as you know - its also irritated quite a few of the diehard fans, who similarly we cannot afford to alienate either.

There is one prime example in my post above of £60 lost on a ticket - how many more of those are there versus new fans paying £130? Would be very interesting to find out.

If it does prove to be viable, id suggest offering it to other local amatuer clubs, in particulat Dewsbury Moor as we could have great success there with the Diskin, Maun & Manning link.

I have a son who players for Batley Boys & buy season tickets through this scheme alongside other members of his age groups parents for our boys to be able to hang out with their teammates watching the dogs , They have turned out to be an enjoyable social events involving a few beers , hot dogs,chips for the lads & many of the parents ,last year , joined the war chest , so I would argue that it has worked.

In November most Batley Boys age groups had their Presentation nights at the Club so with bar takings there it helped the Club finances in close season. Just an example of benefits by having this relationship.

We are trying to encourage kids & parents to support us & the more support the better

Fair play Kev, just feel it should be offered across the board not just at Batley boys.

Ive kept level headed on this one but it does trouble me. I dont do fb but I was tipped off to the announcement last night.

I believe its a very fine line between those diehards being given rewards/discount/ incentives and those whom are intended to be diehards.

With feathers ruffled even more than last years batley boys discounts Im not sure its wise to upset bissa, supporters club, marketing volunteers, war chest etc.

Our board are astute or seemingly tight so they must value the slashing of 60 £ per adult ticket

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Ive kept level headed on this one but it does trouble me. I dont do fb but I was tipped off to the announcement last night.

I believe its a very fine line between those diehards being given rewards/discount/ incentives and those whom are intended to be diehards.

With feathers ruffled even more than last years batley boys discounts Im not sure its wise to upset bissa, supporters club, marketing volunteers, war chest etc.

Our board are astute or seemingly tight so they must value the slashing of 60 £ per adult ticket

But surely,  the balance is between losing the odd £60 and bringing in extra £130s. Only the board will know how this pans out. As a supporter of the club who tries to contribute in as many different ways to the club, and in ways that suit me, l do not begrudge people using this initiative, as long as it benefits the club!

I am not sure whether opening it out to other clubs would be the right way to go! I can see what the board are trying to do, to encourage and nurture a special relationship with BB. The season ticket initiatives do not stop U16's from any club from getting a season ticket from our club! 

A simple offer of a discounted family season ticket - available to all (regardless of whether or not children are affiliated to a junior club), would have been the most inclusive concept here.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

In these difficult times people enjoy their hard earned cash to their last penny. Families and offspring are the way forward. If generations dont follow suite barring a sugar daddy the club will die.

If like paul kilburn the existing bulldog diehards refuse the 60 £ discount because they would buy one anyway id be very suprised

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived