Boxing day

billybulldog

You made a few quid to keep pryce in fray bentos and schofield in designer specs! Chillax

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's OK trading insults over this but the simple question remains: what was the official attendance?

I presume that all clubs are required by the RFL to provide attendance figures for league matches so the club must have an established system of accounting for everyone who attends. In addition, I believe that the safety at sports grounds legislation requires that every spectator admitted to matches is counted systematically.

This is, i am sure,true. But is there a legal requirement to publish those attendance figures, or just to record them? I am sure that you have noted the trend of late for clubs to fail to publicly declare attendance figures. This seemed to become prevalent last season. 

Oh and l am not defending this practise, as l personally like to see them published, including from my own club!

I also think that despite protestations, there are many assumptions being made on here, one of which is that the spectators were not counted systematically at the match!

I was one of those that went through the said turnstile and there where no clicks nor the gate moved and nobody with a manual clicker, but then again what does it matter I paid my money and half of it goes to Dewsbury and half to Batley so I'm happy.

I was one of those that went through the said turnstile and there where no clicks nor the gate moved and nobody with a manual clicker, but then again what does it matter I paid my money and half of it goes to Dewsbury and half to Batley so I'm happy.

So Roger, if there was no click, the gate did not move and there was nobody with a manual clicker, how can you be sure that half the money you handed over went to Batley and half to Dewsbury?

So Roger, if there was no click, the gate did not move and there was nobody with a manual clicker, how can you be sure that half the money you handed over went to Batley and half to Dewsbury?

I went through a gate, paid my money and it clicked! I still have no idea whether half my money went to Batley, Dewsbury or elsewhere!

I went through a gate and the operative made a clicking sound with her mouth, or was it a tut

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Hello fredm, just as I handed my bid money note over the operator asked if I had it in changed as they didn't have any, just then one of the dayglow wearing person handed over £80 in pound coins and that could only have come from the office, so it had to be accounted for.

I trust KN and the Batley Bulldogs to be honest and fair and above board or I wouldn't have got a season ticket, war chest membership, warm up top or used the bars, and I am only speaking about the turnstile I went through, I can't speak for the rest.

Look at it from outside the box

Batley fans most probably out numbered the Ram's fans at the game by 3-1

And we still get 50/50 of the gate money ;)

Shut up you tarts...

We're on a winner ;)

And bulls fans probably outnumbered dewsbury fans too

IMG_0583.JPG

And bulls fans probably outnumbered dewsbury fans too

Games in a mess

Dwindling interest,lack of promoting the event

I dread to think what the crowd at the big bash will look like

Hopefully they'll lock the gates at 1pm

So nobody can get out ;)

Hello fredm, just as I handed my bid money note over the operator asked if I had it in changed as they didn't have any, just then one of the dayglow wearing person handed over £80 in pound coins and that could only have come from the office, so it had to be accounted for.

I trust KN and the Batley Bulldogs to be honest and fair and above board or I wouldn't have got a season ticket, war chest membership, warm up top or used the bars, and I am only speaking about the turnstile I went through, I can't speak for the rest.

We all trust KN etc to be honest and fair but it would appear that the allegation is that there was no means on recording how many persons went through the turnstile.  If this is so, then there is nothing to measure the amount of money collected from that turnstile against. By recording the numbers who go through it not only tells the club what the attendance was, it also covers the turnstile operator in as much that the money handed over is equal to the amount given by the number of spectators admitted. I would have thought that the operator him/her self would have wanted this.

Following the unfortunate events which occurred last season, I would have presumed a thorough check would have been carried out over the winter to ensure all matters concerning cash and/or tickets were fully documented and accountable.

Hope we dont have another bulls attendance.

Shave 15% off not 50%

The attendance in league express is 1669. Thought there was a few more there but that doesn't seem too bad.

well I got up to 1651.....then somebody moved......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived