See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Frightful

Hull KR clinch the Clive Sullivan Trophy.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hull KR triumphed over rivals Hull FC in the annual Clive Sullivan Memorial Trophy this afternoon, running out 16-40 winners, gaining revenge for their 60 point walloping last year.

Rovers scored two early tries to lead 0-10 during which time Albert Kelly was loudly booed by the Robbins faithful every time he touched the ball. The boo boys were then silenced when Kelly received a pass 30 odd yards out and waltzed through the Rovers' defence without a finger being laid on him, touching down under the posts right in front of the Robins fans to score a try that he obviously enjoyed.

In the second half Hull took Bowden and Green off leaving Jordan Abdull as the only player on the pitch who'd played more than a handful of SL games for Hull last year....and he was having a great game for Rovers. In contrast, judging by their squad numbers and recognisable faces, Rovers were almost at full strength and showed some nice touches to run out comfortable winners.

Special mention to the Rovers' fans who cheered their lot to a "famous" victory and I'd personally like to thank them for their amusing rendition of "You're going down, you're going down, FC's going down, etc, etc..."

Hilarious.

Edited by Old Frightful

19 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull KR triumphed over rivals Hull FC in the annual Clive Sullivan Memorial Trophy this afternoon, running out 16-40 winners, gaining revenge for their 60 point walloping last year.

Rovers scored two early tries to lead 0-10 during which time Albert Kelly was loudly booed by the Robbins faithful every time he touched the ball. The boo boys were then silenced when Kelly received a pass 30 odd yards out and waltzed through the Rovers' defence without a finger being laid on him, touching down under the posts right in front of the Robins fans to score a try that he obviously enjoyed.

In the second half Hull took Bowden and Green off leaving Jordan Abdull as the only player on the pitch who'd played more than a handful of SL games for Hull last year....and he was having a great game for Rovers. In contrast, judging by their squad numbers and recognisable faces, Rovers were almost at full strength and showed some nice touches to run out comfortable winners.

Special mention to the Rovers' fans who cheered their lot to a "famous" victory and I'd personally like to thank them for their amusing rendition of "You're going down, you're going down, FC's going down, etc, etc..."

Hilarious.

How did young Wray go on?

I have never ever been a fan of these pre-season so called match-up's/friendlies/run-out's call them what you will, they obviously have a purpose as far as the coaches are concerned, but to charge the speccies to watch these training sessions is quite ridiculous.

Looked ok in the first half like a fair few of Hull's youngsters but things were more difficult in the second half but it'll have done them all some good hopefully. He was partnering Kelly at half back early doors and showed some neat touches although some of the passing from all the players needed to be a bit more direct in general, Rovers were getting too much time allowing them to crowd Hull's attack out because of this.

Strong rumours that Hull City Council are thinking of having a Civic Reception for the East Hull heroes, well deserved too.

2 minutes ago, GaryO said:

I have never ever been a fan of these pre-season so called match-up's/friendlies/run-out's call them what you will, they obviously have a purpose as far as the coaches are concerned, but to charge the speccies to watch these training sessions is quite ridiculous.

Hull fans got in for nowt but Rovers fans had to pay.

1 person likes this

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

brooksyhfc

1 hour ago, GaryO said:

Why is it? Nobody is forced to attend, fans choose to pay it so they can't mind too much. It's not like everyone turns up expecting two full-strength teams. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

How did young Wray go on?

Liked the look of him very much. Well I think it was him, there were so many Hull players without squad numbers that it was difficult to identify them at times.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, GaryO said:

If people are willing to turn up and pay, why give it away for free?

It costs to open up a stadium to the fans, you know.

A quite ridiculous comment really.

1 person likes this

Old Frightful following an old adage...If embarrassed try to be amusing! Your obsession with the mighty HKR (spellchecker initially changed this to God! ) requires you to create a target....But this year I for one will let you get on with the trials and tribulations of supporting a team with fickle support.

Hopefully Hull FC will discover how to put numbers on shirts.....8000 paying spectators honouring the memory of the great Clive Sullivan treated to a poor squad put out by the pub landlord in shirts missing numbers in many cases! 

Glad to see Kelly is now your star player.....

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Any highlights of the game anywhere?? 

Only the one, when Kelly scores.

On 1/9/2017 at 1:28 PM, stevereed100 said:

Old Frightful following an old adage...If embarrassed try to be amusing! Your obsession with the mighty HKR (spellchecker initially changed this to God! ) requires you to create a target....But this year I for one will let you get on with the trials and tribulations of supporting a team with fickle support.

Hopefully Hull FC will discover how to put numbers on shirts.....8000 paying spectators honouring the memory of the great Clive Sullivan treated to a poor squad put out by the pub landlord in shirts missing numbers in many cases! 

Glad to see Kelly is now your star player.....

Eh?

My "obsession" with Hull KR?

I mentioned them in this thread due to the simple fact that it's a match thread and they are one of the teams that played in said match.

You were the only one interested in the game and the whole topic seeks to ridicule a team that treated it as a serious run out  v a team , if we can call them that, who probably signaled the end of pre season derbies in Hull.

Most other comments from Forumites are Hull supporters evidencing that my friends East of the river got little satisfaction from the win other than seeing the potential we have for 2017.

As your teacher must have said to your parents many times, OF must try harder this year!

Edited by stevereed100
Improvement of grammar!
1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

You were the only one interested in the game and the whole topic seeks to ridicule a team that treated it as a serious run

Really?

On 1/8/2017 at 4:34 PM, Old Frightful said:

Rovers were almost at full strength and showed some nice touches to run out comfortable winners.

Give up!

Famous victory

Kelly...30 odd yards out?

Hilarious.

You hooked me yet again.

No comment on the the disrespect shown by not even numbering several shirts and accepting a fixture and the revenue to go with it without risking his fragile heroes....Ellis another year older. 

Pity because would have liked to suggest a joint Houghton/Charlie testimonial game but no chance now.

Fingers crossed for a Hull Rovers Cup draw as a preliminary to a middle 8 tie!

2 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Fingers crossed for a Hull Rovers Cup draw as a preliminary to a middle 8 tie!

And you called him obsessed...

I suppose he's not quite at the level of buying a registration plate of the other side yet.

Thanks for the plug...Do you mean HU11 FFC or KR10 FC5?