THE SECOND GREAT SCHISM

jroyales

Sadly our great game is nearing extinction. All national publications and television boycott our game due simply due to the fact our administrators cannot sell our great game. They are also guilty of running a closed superleauge club, evidenced by the scandalous dealing of the Bradford fiasco so making us a laughing stock.

As roughyhead34 has suggested all clubs outside of superleague, I they are to survive, need to break away as our game did on the 25th of August 1895. The Great Schism.

I posted a plea nine years ago to all clubs other than superleague expressing the concerns all true Rugby League fans have with the men in suits ruining not running our game and I feel things have got a lot worse now reaching crisis point. Thankfully, I am of an age when I can remember great games, players and true management focused on the good of ALL of the game not just a few. 

hi jr along with roughyed  34 and ex scrum half you are all bang on the game is not mickey mouse its Minnie mouse,  if we want to create a good professional image for our game and looking at nigel wood do you think he does that.  I have been reading the criteria that the rfl have put forward to anybody wanting to form a new team in Bradford.

1   they want them to honour the season tickets that the defunct Bradford club have  sold for the coming season.

2  they want to know  if there will be a academy side.

3  they want them to pay  £50.000 that they say is owed by the old club to the rfl.

4  and not the least the new owners will have to guarantee  that  if the club fails in the next 3 years they will personally cover all debts would anybody in their  right minds agree to these proposals.

23 hours ago, jroyales said:

Sadly our great game is nearing extinction. All national publications and television boycott our game due simply due to the fact our administrators cannot sell our great game. They are also guilty of running a closed superleauge club, evidenced by the scandalous dealing of the Bradford fiasco so making us a laughing stock.

As roughyhead34 has suggested all clubs outside of superleague, I they are to survive, need to break away as our game did on the 25th of August 1895. The Great Schism.

I posted a plea nine years ago to all clubs other than superleague expressing the concerns all true Rugby League fans have with the men in suits ruining not running our game and I feel things have got a lot worse now reaching crisis point. Thankfully, I am of an age when I can remember great games, players and true management focused on the good of ALL of the game not just a few. 

1 - A closed super league club?  Do you mean a closed shop?  

2 - The championship clubs would not last 6 months after a breakaway.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, tandle said:

I cannot see why the bbc or itv could not pay £12.000.000 to televise 30 matches they would get good viewing figures.. that would give each of the championship sides £1.000.000 each and a.even playing field.

You think the BBC or ITV would pay £12m for the championship?  For teams who at best get gates of 2000? With the demographics of RL?  With the national reach of RL?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, tandle said:

I cannot see why the bbc or itv could not pay £12.000.000 to televise 30 matches they would get good viewing figures.. that would give each of the championship sides £1.000.000 each and a.even playing field.

Not a chance - the BBC are drastically reducing live sport £ outlay, and ITV have shown precisely zero public interest in the sport in over 20 years. What makes you think that they would shell out £12million per year for a second tier competition? Additionally, viewing figures matter only minimally to ITV - their income os from advertising alone. 

Archived