giants dr

tandle

I have just been looking at the giants web site  and they have  assembled a squad of 31 players.   looking at it on paper it appears to be a very strong squad far better than last year I advise any roughyed  to go on to their site if we can get some of these players we can certainly go places.

Problem is that we wouldn't necessarily get the same players each week, otherwise they would be on a season long loan. This in itself could cause disruption to "our" first team. We will use DR as and when Nobby feels it benefits us. We will need bolstering from time to time definitely, but we shouldn't rely on getting any of the more senior players from Huddersfield. Can't see us being interested in Tyler this year,loads of cover in the props. Johnson,Wood,Leeming maybe, as you say did a great job last season. As long as we use DR as we have in the past I'm happy, just don't want half the team to be changing week in week out at Hudds whim.

42 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Problem is that we wouldn't necessarily get the same players each week, otherwise they would be on a season long loan. This in itself could cause disruption to "our" first team. We will use DR as and when Nobby feels it benefits us. We will need bolstering from time to time definitely, but we shouldn't rely on getting any of the more senior players from Huddersfield. Can't see us being interested in Tyler this year,loads of cover in the props. Johnson,Wood,Leeming maybe, as you say did a great job last season. As long as we use DR as we have in the past I'm happy, just don't want half the team to be changing week in week out at Hudds whim.

I'd agree with your points 34 we probably had greater use of dr's last year when our squad was fairly thin. Forwards should be much stronger this year, more bulk and impetus which I thought we really lacked last year. Also agree that we need to develop our own squad but if needed perhaps dr could be used. Leigh did us some favours last year in that regard, I did think that they would be our dr partner instead of Hudds as the 2 chairman seem to get on alright..

Scott will use DR as he sees fit.It came in handy last season. Agree with 34 though that we can't be changing the team time and again just to suite Huddersfield. DR must primarily benefit us,I've no doubt whatsoever that Scott and co will see to that.Huddersfield have been good with us in the past,the two clubs seem to get along fine.At Huddersfield they know their players are getting good service at Oldham with good coaching so it should be another beneficial year from that perspective. We scratch their backs,they scratch ours.

Archived