No More Corn Off The Cobb

coolie

Reading reports this morning on the net that everybody's favourite 12 year old referee (well he looks that age to all the wrinkles) has decided to call it a day tooting his whistle & infuriating most of the rugby league family at some stage.

Problems and reports of bullying surround the RFL and various cover ups & pay offs to keep things out of the limelight. 

The day must be coming where these clowns are removed and held accountable for the actions in bringing the game to where we are today...

Can we seriously absorb another ref calling it a day?? 

Promote ex player and my old stainland stag coach jamie bloem. Hes done a few championship games and is better known from his doncaster days via st. John Ellis. The springbok has a halifax landscaping firm stopping him from being a full time rfl employee

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

45 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Promote ex player and my old stainland stag coach jamie bloem. Hes done a few championship games and is better known from his doncaster days via st. John Ellis. The springbok has a halifax landscaping firm stopping him from being a full time rfl employee

The same one with a nasty habit at one time?? 

9 hours ago, coolie said:

Reading reports this morning on the net that everybody's favourite 12 year old referee (well he looks that age to all the wrinkles) has decided to call it a day tooting his whistle & infuriating most of the rugby league family at some stage.

Problems and reports of bullying surround the RFL and various cover ups & pay offs to keep things out of the limelight. 

The day must be coming where these clowns are removed and held accountable for the actions in bringing the game to where we are today...

Can we seriously absorb another ref calling it a day?? 

More than bullying by the sounds of it. Cobb was one of the better refs and we can't afford to lose them at this rate due to alleged problems at head office.

Apparently he may sue for constructive dismissal and the fact that he is a solicitor lends some weight to his chances of success, and someone else's chance of the sack.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Cobb was one of the better refs.

You obviously didn't see his performance during the bulls v dogs match last season. 

Fans can often see things from a biased perspective, i accept that, but after reviewing the DVD after the match and he made some appalling decisions that day, which cost us the game. 

When a seasoned old professional like Kear states he refereed the game on the lines of a desired outcome in a press conference, it also makes you think it was just me watching with rose tinted specs on. Kear wasn't punished for his comments either, which seems to suggest there was truth in it too, otherwise why not fine him for bringing the game in to disrepute? Good riddance, he could do with taking a couple more with him too IMO, along with Ganson, Rimmer and Wood for starters.

Get bloemy on board hes not to be sniffed at.

Ex players make better officials than emaciated mummys boys.

Steve Presley still kicking about?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

16 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

You obviously didn't see his performance during the bulls v dogs match last season. 

Fans can often see things from a biased perspective, i accept that, but after reviewing the DVD after the match and he made some appalling decisions that day, which cost us the game. 

When a seasoned old professional like Kear states he refereed the game on the lines of a desired outcome in a press conference, it also makes you think it was just me watching with rose tinted specs on. Kear wasn't punished for his comments either, which seems to suggest there was truth in it too, otherwise why not fine him for bringing the game in to disrepute? Good riddance, he could do with taking a couple more with him too IMO, along with Ganson, Rimmer and Wood for starters.

On the basis of this DF any player who has a bad game when you see him is rubbish, notwithstanding his performances in other games nor the opinions of others regarding those games. Maybe a broader perspective would help - he was regarded as one of the better refs in SL last year and will be a real loss given the paucity of good refs in the pipeline.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

On the basis of this DF any player who has a bad game when you see him is rubbish, notwithstanding his performances in other games nor the opinions of others regarding those games. Maybe a broader perspective would help - he was regarded as one of the better refs in SL last year and will be a real loss given the paucity of good refs in the pipeline.

Had that been an isolated incident I'd take your point, but I can't honestly remember him ever having a good game, or even an okay game whilst watching games not involving Batley.

Regarded as one of the best by whom?

Last season, Dennis Betts described one of his performances as the worst he'd seen in all of his 30 years in the game. Paul Anderson and Tony Smith were also very vocal in the press about his dreadful performances last season during different games for their respective teams, as well as Kear. So there are 4 of the best coaches in the country stating he was appalling. I could also include Shaun Wayne to that list, but then again he blames the ref every time Wigan lose, so I'll discount him.

Whichever way you cut it, he was a shocking ref. He is a product of the rfl, he started young and worked his way through the ranks and presumably received training and support by the governing body and was promoted to be full time. But based upon what criteria? Was he the only one who would do it? It certainly wasn't down to ability based upon what I, Anderson, Betts, Kear and Smith saw of him.

The game is in a bad way and really needs a clear out if he was the best they could do. 

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oops 

Archived