Sign in to follow this  
Saint Toppy

Our new position in the EU

1 hour ago, SSoutherner said:

Do you read what you write ?

The European arrest warrant is about an arrest warrant issued in one EU country being valid in all so expediting the extradition process. GCHQ passing on security info to stop attacks in other EU countries is about sharing terrorist security info.

2 allied but also very distinct situations - you quote "attacks in 4 EU countries" so let's assume 2 plots per country and 4 per plot that is still only 32 people - but to quote the BBC article

"According to the National Crime Agency, other EU members requested the arrest of 14,279 UK-based suspects in 2015-6, up from 1,865 in 2004. The UK made 241 such requests in 2015-6, leading to 150 arrests."

As you can see basically an order of magnitude of difference in numbers

Hmm.

Did you read the Guardian article in the link?  

Anyway, should you wish to inform yourself, you will also discover that Barnier conflated the two issues himself: the arrest warrant and access to the security database.  Presumably he did so because they both involve, er, security, and collaboration.  But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of your little rant.

Incidentally, you may have forgotten the terrorist attacks in France.  One of them - just one - killed 84 people.  I'd suggest that if one of the many attacks GCHQ has helped to avoid had gone ahead it could have been another mass killing like that and then where would you have been with your silly 'order of magnitude' so-called argument.

22 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Why is it interesting?

Because things are interesting by their very nature and what learning looks like ...... I thought you said you worked in education?

You don't like people with reading difficulties and you've got it in for people finding things interesting .... You should work for Ofsted with those attitudes.

"As Theresa May recycles the Brexit bus lie, two leading Brexiteers are accused of treason"

Small quote from the above article

"Wigmore also announced he intends to leave the UK for Belize" I have to say that  you would think that, if it's going to be so rosy and wonderful after we leave, the brexiteers would be the first to say "Well. I staying here for the whole party!"

I have heard rats leave a sinking ship but I never knew they scuttled the vessel first!

Edited by Oxford

17 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Why is it interesting?  There were increases for Tories all over the place.  It's called the UKIP contingent.

I find it interesting because its quite clear what she stood for on Brexit from the get go in a constituency that seemed to be split 52% to 48% in favour of leaving, yet more choose to vote for her in 2017 than in 2015, others my find this tedious, such is life.

The UKIP vote went to Labour in this constituency it would seem, making a guess from the numbers.

2 minutes ago, shrek said:

The UKIP vote went to Labour in this constituency

Leavers in the Labour Party whatever next ? Obviously they went there for the rampant racism tee-shirt contests at the Party Conference.

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Leavers in the Labour Party whatever next ? Obviously they went there for the rampant racism tee-shirt contests at the Party Conference.

Can't move without bumping in to Labour leavers in this neck of the woods my friend, 64% leave in Wigan and about as safe as safe seats get for Labour with a tumping increase in vote share 2017 over 2015, even with a sitting MP who is a remoaning, Corbyn Shadow Cabinet quitter!  😉

57 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Hmm.

Did you read the Guardian article in the link?  

Anyway, should you wish to inform yourself, you will also discover that Barnier conflated the two issues himself: the arrest warrant and access to the security database.  Presumably he did so because they both involve, er, security, and collaboration.  But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of your little rant.

Incidentally, you may have forgotten the terrorist attacks in France.  One of them - just one - killed 84 people.  I'd suggest that if one of the many attacks GCHQ has helped to avoid had gone ahead it could have been another mass killing like that and then where would you have been with your silly 'order of magnitude' so-called argument.

Yes I did and it says nothing i did not - security info swapping (a lot of which is rumours, snippets and informant info) is VERY different from extradition using rock solid evidence through the courts - this is the important distinction "THROUGH THE COURTS" means a court has to be responsible for deciding if the evidence is sufficient - whilst under the ECJ & charter of rights all the EU countries basically feed up into the same legal framework - when we step away we step away - without that LEGAL trust/systems alignment you can't have nod and a wink okaying of each others warrants - you can still tip each other wink on info and rumours - THEY ARE NOT THE SAME FROM A LEGAL VIEWPOINT

Edited by SSoutherner

It seems obvious that if you want nothing to do with the ECJ then you can't stay in processes adjudicated by the ECJ.  Barnier is just giving the leavers what they wanted.  How very generous of him.  

21 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Barnier is just giving the leavers what they wanted. 

Aside from lots of cake, I didn't release they'd agreed what it is they wanted!

5 hours ago, shrek said:

Corbyn Shadow Cabinet quitter!

The swine!

Had to laugh at this though

"Brexit Groundhog Day for Theresa May"

especially when it included this

"It’s the biggest parliamentary crisis on Brexit that Theresa May has faced since the last parliamentary crisis that Theresa May faced. "

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-groundhog-day-for-uk-pm-theresa-may/

What struck me most recently though was how you never hear from the neutrals mind you I suppose even reaching for the keyboard is a bit too much to ask for the CBA's who couldn't be bothered to vote in the referendum.