The Bradford Thread

tandle

The RFL are a little boys Sunday afternoon club. They have a very tight hold on the reins and will never let go, it's their toy, it's their hobby. All they ever do is stand around in suits looking important and drawing a fat salary for f.uck all.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

The RFL are a little boys Sunday afternoon club. They have a very tight hold on the reins and will never let go, it's their toy, it's their hobby. All they ever do is stand around in suits looking important and drawing a fat salary for f.uck all.

Kept you in Spotland?  Bent over backwards to let us use Whitebank?  And all the other times they have helped clubs (despite having 100 years to get it right) get on their feet?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 04/01/2017 at 1:38 PM, thecrab said:

Wonder what our leader thinks about this.

Personally I feel a massive injustice because of all of the pain we went through.

Lost count of the number of times I've said it can only happen in Rugby League!

its got to be seriously sticking in his craw!

Its funny how they try market rugby league as an all inclusive sport,  no intolerance or injustice allowed (and rightly so!) just one big happy family......yet teams are treated differently for the same 'crime', and not just a little bit differently...a massive amount.

Is it league-ism? o team-ism? Chairman/owner-ism....or brown bag-ism?

I am not an Oldham fan,I am a Swinton Lions fan and I think that what has happened at Bradford is not only sad,especially for the players and staff,the working class as I call them,but is frankly a farce and in my opinion the RFL have come out looking very bad.I personally think that if a Phoenix club emerges,a newco then they should start in Championship 1 as that would be fair,and ironically for a new Bradford club.I understand that a newco will be starting out in the Championship so it seems with a 12 points deduction,well given the fact that they have few,if any players left,and with the season so close away,they will be the sacrificial lambs to the slaughter and I cannot see them winning many games and they will probably go down anyway as bottom club,but both yourselves and us won't be joining them.

The rugby league in this country are frankly a sick joke,and it's true the saying that rugby league is a professional sport run by amateurs,never more so with this sad story and if we are not careful these amateurs will kill the sport in this country.

Does anyone know if Bradford will get any money and take part in cup competitions as Oldham were prevented?

The RL have now created a precedent go bust, find a backer, we'll deduct points and then put you

into the championship. It will be interesting when a superleague team goes bust - will they change he

rules again?

I'll repeat my earlier mail there has to be a breakaway from the fools running (ruining) our game and making

us a laughing stock in world sport..

You do realize that the only reason they weren't relegated was due to it being 3-4 weeks before the start of the season..don't you?

Promoting a team at such short notice would have condemned that team to the long,painful season bradford should be having..

Has it stands bradford are going to have a really tough season this year and will likely be relegated..in my mind thats a hefty punishment

Demoting them to league one,id reckon they'd have a good shot at winning league one or gaining promotion....thats not that bad a deal to me that..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Andrew chalmers a director of a new Bradford team as stated that they will be full time this coming season.   so if they have  provided a large amount of working capitol into the new club whats to stop them attempting to sign other teams players as there is no deadline.   I do  hope I am wrong.  but if they do  I cannot see the rfl having any powers to stop them worrying times I fear for a few clubs.

Not really that worrying re.players. Players at other clubs will be contracted and therefore Bradford would have to pay compensation to them. There is nothing to stop them signing players (as there isn't for other teams) as long as the transfer rules/contracts are adhered to.

11 minutes ago, tandle said:

Andrew chalmers a director of a new Bradford team as stated that they will be full time this coming season.   so if they have  provided a large amount of working capitol into the new club whats to stop them attempting to sign other teams players as there is no deadline.   I do  hope I am wrong.  but if they do  I cannot see the rfl having any powers to stop them worrying times I fear for a few clubs.

If the players are. Contracted to other clubs then they can't. Without going through the correct channels.

Seems they've fired Rohan Smith - and are about to replace him with Henry Paul!! Not too worried about that - the bloke's not been involved in League for 10 years - last seen coaching Russia at *nion and football director at Bradford & Bingley RU.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

19 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

If the players are. Contracted to other clubs then they can't. Without going through the correct channels.

They could always retire?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Can we try and stick to the 1 thread on Bradford on here? 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

As a Swinton supporter - I too am sorry for all the Bradford supporters but I also think allowing a new team to start in the same division is a mistake, I also do believe that the RFL have been selective with their support of clubs, e.g. bought Odsal but was happy to see Station Road sold - not aware of any offers from the RFL at the time.

As promoting other teams into the Championship - it is a fair point that doing that now would put any team at a disadvantage, so could have kept a reduced number of teams in the Championship, with one club relegated and three clubs coming up next season - lots a permutations but all just points of view as the RFL have made their decision. I also heard the justification about the financial loss to clubs in the championship should Bradford have relegated - well just think of the financial gains for the clubs in Championship 1, more than balances things out.

Anyway, looking forward to the start of the season proper.........good luck to all ,except when playing Swinton  :) 

as a widnes fan, i can totally sympathise with both sides. Fans were devastated when we missed out on being in the newly formed super league, this disappointment was immense. Then we had to fight for years to get back in, only to go into administration and then have to fight tooth and nail to get back in again.

My most fave videos on the net are the fans reaction ones when we found out we had been accepted to superleague again, and I watch them time and again, and get goosebumps every time!

There are teams like Widnes, that get shafted for one reason or another and its a case of suck it up buttercup, try again next year, and then there are teams that get given chance after chance when they hit the skids and rise again from their ashes with a new name and debts wiped.

I wonder why the disparity...i doubt we'll ever know, but i daresday there'll be a few guesses to be had!

Archived