Batley v Keighley

Batley Bob

Batley Bulldogs v Keighley Cougars

Sunday 22nd January

Fox’s Biscuits Stadium

KO : 14:00

Referee: H Neville

Touch Judges: R Dolan , C Astbury

Come early & get a free drink, or a Bobble hat and lets welcome back Linners , Sean Hesketh and Vinny Finnigan

IMG_0583.JPG

Shame theres no tiger or ash too. Mind u handforths return via fax reminded me of my 6 year on a sugar rush being told to tidy up his toys.

Are Keighley fans our friends now after the dual reg drama. I reckon linners will go ok it could be worse he could of gone to south leeds or teabag

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Wish Linnets all the best, he learned from one of the best. Got talking to a couple of Cougars fans on a coach tour just b4 Christmas and they were really upbeat about him. No doubt he'll benefit from a couple of loans ftom us as well. Good luck.

They had an easy run out against Hunslet Parkside and then put 42 points past Whitehaven without reply. Have brought in some new players and seem to be on the up and brimming with confidence.  We shall have to see how it pans out but I hope we do not go into it thinking it will be a walk in the park.

Disco is far too shrewd to not respect the cougar threat.

If theres new blood to put a game in it will add another dimension to the boxing day performance. I really wouldnt want to take the ball up for brown, manning and rFarrell to smash me in two!!!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

When are we going to see the benefit of Maher, Holmes and Hitchcox? We have Gledhill, our new no. 8, and second row pair of Manning and Farrell missing for how long, yet no mention of these guys being in training ready to bring their Super League experience. A big part of at least my expectation for this season was based on these 3 'season-long' loans. They should be here and being talked about for our opening.

9 hours ago, phildog said:

When are we going to see the benefit of Maher, Holmes and Hitchcox? We have Gledhill, our new no. 8, and second row pair of Manning and Farrell missing for how long, yet no mention of these guys being in training ready to bring their Super League experience. A big part of at least my expectation for this season was based on these 3 'season-long' loans. They should be here and being talked about for our opening.

There loan doesn't officially start till Feb 1st Phil , but Tom  and Will have already been to training and went on the ribblehead weekend

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, phildog said:

So they've been training, went on the bonding exercise, why is Matt saying they won't be figuring in the opening match, according to League Express?

Maybe because he has big competative squad and has a starting lineup in mind. The Cas lads are here to add competition for places not to be guaranteed starters. 

Point of season long loan IMO of  course, is to strengthen our on field cause not training pitch. They have a SL mentality, and Maher especially as the 'big guy' replacement should add bust up front. We had a great season, everybody bust a gut, right on top of their game, can we ask it again without that extra help?

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Point of season long loan IMO of  course, is to strengthen our on field cause not training pitch. They have a SL mentality, and Maher especially as the 'big guy' replacement should add bust up front. We had a great season, everybody bust a gut, right on top of their game, can we ask it again without that extra help?

Phil , Matt Diskin is , I think , the only rookie coach in the championship , and he hasn't even picked his first competitive 17 yet , let's give him a chance , other sides have coaches of varying experience , including these 2 , 

18 months ago Tim Sheens was in his seventh year as Australia's coach and Geoff Toovey was in his 4th season as Manly's coach, having already taken them to a Grand Final. In 2017 they will both be taking the big step up to the Kingstone Press Championship.

IMG_0583.JPG

Head Coach Craig Lingard has announced his 21 man squad to face the Batley Bulldogs this Sunday.

The game, to be played at the Bulldogs Fox’s Biscuits Stadium, will again see Linners rotate his side as he looks to keep his squad match fit whilst giving everyone gametime ahead of the new campaign.

Andy Gabriel returns to the squad after missing out against Whitehaven due to work commitments with Scott Law, Nathan Conroy and young full-back Harry Aaronson also brought back into the side.

Sean Hesketh is amongst those rested this Sunday as he, along with Matthew Bailey, Nathan Kitson and Lewis Davey are not selected for the trip to Mount Pleasant.

On the injury front Danny Lawton (Ribs) joins Will Milner (Shoulder), James Pickering (Hamstring) and Ben Sagar (Hamstring) on the sidelines whilst new signing Eze Harper is unavailable for selection for this Sunday’s game following his arrival from the Leigh Centurions.

This Sunday also comes too soon for Fran Welsh as he continues to return to fitness following an ankle operation in pre-season.

SQUAD TO FACE BATLEY BULLDOGS:
1 – Harry Aaronson
2 – Andy Gabriel
3 – Josh Casey
5 – Davey Dixon
7 – Matty Beharrell
8 – Scott Law
9 – James Feather
11 – Josh Lynam
12 – Brendon Rawlins
13 – Mike Emmett
14 – Adam Brook
15 – Neil Cherryholme
17 – Nathan Conroy
18 – Josh Tonks
21 – Emmerson Whittel
22 – Ritchie Hawkyard
24 – Liam Darville
26 – Vinny Finigan
29 – Brad Nicholson
31 – Callum Dunne
32 – Adam Ryder

IMG_0583.JPG

18 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Just come across this from Batley Bulldogs TV

Speaking of videos, there's a bunch of them on the Bulldogs Talk page if anyone is interested. Apart from the one mentioned by Batley Bob, we also have:

• John Kear on winning YSpoty Coach of The Year
  • Paul Harrison on the Bulldogs winning Team of The Year
  • James Brown Reviews Season 2016

http://www.bulldogstalk.net/groups-2/batley-bulldogs/

All worth watching ...

Started off like a house on fire but finished with penalties and mistakes.

Good showings from Hallet and Dave Scott.

Good run out with farrell ainscough rettie and a couple of others to come back.

We look keen and quite fit.

Good to see Dane Manning back in a Batley shirt.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I enjoyed that and Keighley gave a good account of themselves. We looked very good first half with Davey at hooker and Brown looked good.. impressed with our defensive effort too as the Cougars threw everything at us especially late in the second half 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

49 minutes ago, fredm said:

How was it that Fev were able to play two Rhinos players today yet we are unable to play our Cas players until 1st February?

Perhaps it is just the terms of our loan deal with Castleford! Or maybe the difference between DR and loans?

Archived