Pathetic!

RoughyedsMad

What an absolute shocking display from Roughyeds. No go forward, predictable in attack and no pride and passion with a trophy and bragging rights at stake. Absolutely disgusting! Naylor needs to go! At this stage last year we beat both Barrow and Hairnets comfortably pre season but now we are completely clueless and have gone backwards. I hate to say it but I feel that Gary Schofields prediction in the RL Express may be spot on! Sort it out! 

Patheticis a bit harsh. Yes we need a bit more variety in attack to keep the defence thinking but with the number of players missing it is going to take time before we see the first choice 13 on the pitch. Then we can start to judge.

Rochdale just played what was in front of them and out muscled us in second half. Well done to them. They deserved the win.

There was way too much messing about in the tackle (both sides) which meant lots of penalties, knock ons and slow play the balls which didn't suit either side. Hope referees will sort this out when the league starts.

45 minutes ago, RoughyedsMad said:

What an absolute shocking display from Roughyeds. No go forward, predictable in attack and no pride and passion with a trophy and bragging rights at stake. Absolutely disgusting! Naylor needs to go! At this stage last year we beat both Barrow and Hairnets comfortably pre season but now we are completely clueless and have gone backwards. I hate to say it but I feel that Gary Schofields prediction in the RL Express may be spot on! Sort it out! 

What a crazy statement. We lose a couple of friendlies and you call for him to be sacked. Just look at what he's done over the last few seasons and what he'll continue to do when he gets all his players available. He's a good coach with a good backroom team and we'll be well above Hairnets come the end of the season. No one is more disappointed in the result than me but to suggest getting rid of Naylor before the season begins is ridiculous.

Results pre season don't mean a great deal, but performances do. This was worse than the Swinton game. One out rugby, especially in our opponents 20 metre zone, asks no questions of the opposing defence and will never succeed at Championship level. We were out enthused today (how many times does this happen against Hornets?) and seemed flat and uninterested. A lot of work is needed over the next 2 weeks to avoid being in for a long, hard season.

Far to many players went missing and were far off the pace. Rochdale were far stronger up the middle and looked more organised as a unit. Don't like singling players out and blaming coaches but since when do we have a scrum half playing on the wing that was hardly involved. 

Far to soon to be despondent although pre season has been disappointing to say the least. Do think that once we have full strength established team we will be ok although I believe it will be a long season. Onwards and upwards. 

I'll just reiterate what I said to a couple of guys this afternoon.

You can live with playing poorly in pre-season games. It's great if you're not picking up injuries and helping to develop match fitness.

However, if you are playing badly and your (already thin on the ground) squad are hobbling off the pitch, then you have problems my friend.

At times today, it looked like the retreat from bloody Moscow. This squad is nowhere near fit enough and there is only a fortnight until the season starts.

Ref was ######, also.

Lots of hard work to do before the season starts. Credit to Rochdale they controlled the speed of the ruck and stopped Oldham gaining any momentum. When they had the ball their forwards made the hard yards and the half backs made good decisions at crucial times and took their chances. 

No complaints at all about the result. One thing I would complain about is the small group of drunken loud mouthed middle aged men behind the posts first half. Do they realise how ridiculous their childish chanting sounds? Some people need to grow up. 

50 minutes ago, Town centre roughyed said:

Roughyedsmad you are talking utter nonsense,to say get f rid of Naylor is bang out of order,Naylor has worked miracles in the last 2 years with a small budget. 

Haven't all rugby clubs got a small budget but they manage to sign better quality players and seem to play better rugby. Rochdale out played us. And god help us when everytime Tyson gets tackled he spits his dummy out and lashes out. And every club will know that.  

Wow,what a unbelievable reaction from some. The season ain't even started yet! Oldham were poor today I would agree with that, but don't forget we had 5 first team players out. Naylor to go?? Jesus what planet are some if the so called Oldham fans on? As Bryan says, let's judge the coach and the team at the end of the season. Hornets were on a mission and played well, Oldham didn't play well and got beaten in a pre season friendly. Let's see if all the whingers are moaning if we take points of the Hornets in the league? I doubt it. I would rather take points off them in the league than be too worried about the Law Cup.  Always one who moans about the singing/chanting if it was that bad the stewards didn't seem to think so. Its not a library. Let's have no singing/chanting for our own team then. Language has always been around the game, if its excessive then fair enough. We will see how good we are when we play Sheffield in the first League game, this result was disappointing but in the scheme of things matters little. P.s Tyson was the only one who showed some pride. What a set of negative people on this board. Who would you want as center then?

Chisholm and turner look like they both could have serious leg injuries,   playing one out rugby will only end with one result this season we have to play a more expansive game .   the type of game we are playing we might as well play with ten props.

Obviously second best today,but let's get things in perspective.Without Davies,Langers and Thommo we were always going to struggle against their forwards,who totally dominated us in the second half.With two DR players stepping in and others not at their best,the late capitulation was always on the cards,especially as we made too many errors as well.

Playing behind a dominant pack,Palfrey and Yates ran the show,and I was impressed with the range of their attacking lines,Our ex-players were very much up for it,and they had clearly done their homework on George,who could turn out to be more of a liability than an asset,unless his self-discipline improves.I was too far away from the incident after the hooter-did anyone see what happened?

In the first half,Leatherbarrow produced some intelligent kicks,but I continue to have my doubts about the half-backs,with Hewitt being invisible yet again.We need someone to take us around the park,as Palfrey used to.In midfield,there is a glaring lack of creativity,although things may improve when we get more go-forward. Five drives and a kick is not going to keep us in this division.Can you remember the last time Jamel had a decent opportunity with ball in hand to exhibit his blistering speed? I thought he played well defensively today,and young Harry Warburton impressed as well.

Yes,today was desperately disappointing,but let's show some faith in Nobby to get things right. He hasn't ever let us down,and there will be nobody hurting more than him tonight.

Finally,well done to Rochdale,they thoroughly deserved it today.

God we were absolutely terrible today. Rochdale were excellent but they wont play a worse team all season.

We look like the start of the season is 6 weeks away in terms of ffitness and look no where near up to even Swinton or Rochdale standards. What happens when we play London or Hull KR? We had absolutely no heart or aggression what so ever in a derby. That has to be our worst ever performance under Scott.

Leatherbarrow actually played well considering our pack got slaughtered. Kicked well all game. Hope Turner is OK for the start of the season but Chisholm looked badly hurt. The injured players will make a difference but this team is built on heart, enthusiasm and desire and has fallen well below the standards of the last 4 years this pre season. Massively disappointing.

I'm a big Tyson fan but he's much better than that show today. Better suited to back row in my opinion.  

Not got a problem with singing for your own team but one out silly chants just get annoying. If you all hate Rochdale clap your hands?? Give us a break bad impression of our club. Grow up. 

Let's have it right, we were rubbish today, no heart and no passion, Rochdale deserved the win. Tyson being slated is crazy,one who showed some pride gets hammered for it. We have not had a first team on the pitch yet, injuries have hit us hard pre season. Why? I have no answer.

What is the solution with the squad we have? One game,out of the three pre season matches 99% of that crowd today have watched and its doom and gloom. Judge them at the end of the season. If we stay up I suppose all the naysayers will be celebrating,go down and it will be I told you so. Get behind what we have if you want an Oldham team to survive. 

The best team won today but for someone to suggest Scott should go,that statement beggers beleif.Rochdale won today over a very poor Oldham performance. I just hope the club can sort something between now and the start of the season. Admitted I didn't go the first two friendlies but after what I witnessed today I was concerned.We seemed disjointed without ideas.I just hope things will improve. Having two players limping off will not help either.

Wow

Enjoyed Bower Fold , great to be able to walk around, and easy parking nearby.

Had a chat with couple of your fans before match and son got his picture with your mascot Roary,

Didn't notice much bad chanting by your fans... ,will definitely visit again.

Didn't see the fight at the end, too busy celebrating at the time.. :P

http://twitter.com/vinnieclough

!!!!! ROCHDALE HORNETS !!!!!!

R

There is no argument that Naylor has done a great job over the years but the rugby we have been playing over the past couple of years has been poor.

It's one out rugby and the players don't appear to have a plan B. Today was yet another example of that, we just kept to plan A and Rochdale couldn't have had an easier afternoon. Yes, when the full squad is back things could be different - but the majority to come back are forwards so it will be more of the same.

I'd rather get beat playing rugby than the rubbish that was on show today.

I liked Tyson when he was with you before Sheffield. I think today he was just after retribution after being dumped into touch twice without support. He is still a class player with a terrific burst of speed, just needs to get his discipline right.

Bower Fold is a great little ground, and the pitch stood up well (not keen on your pies) it's just the right size for our type of club, plenty of atmosphere created by the fans and apart from being frozen to the bone, enjoyed my day there.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived