Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Ashton

Raders v Whitehaen )Friendly)

8 posts in this topic

I was! 

First half was good but the second was a bit flat as Barrow had destroyed 'Haven by then. 

Attendance was over 700

Thanks Ron. Barrow were flat in the 2nd half but I think Haven stepped up there game and 2 tries from Jesse Joe Parker gave them confidence.

It was 36-0 after 34 minutes and I thought we were going to beat Keihley's score last week of 42-0

Haven seemed a pretty poor team to me.

For me the highlight of Barrow's game was a fine try by Dalymore.

I thought the gate was quite good for a friendly.,

Fantastic first half in defence, and attack, the two half backs combining well, moving the ball out to the backs at pace, second half, I think we got involved in silly retaliation, and got on the wrong side of ref, to be honest without the penalties I don't think haven would have threatened at all.

The referee made some very strange decisions, sent  Haven player ( Holliday ) to the sin bin after he ran in, threw three punches , and then ran away. He then gave the penalty against Barrow.

8 hours ago, southsider said:

The referee made some very strange decisions, sent  Haven player ( Holliday ) to the sin bin after he ran in, threw three punches , and then ran away. He then gave the penalty against Barrow.

If you think that was havens first team you guys are way off the mark it was a friendly game barrow had a much stronger squad out yesterday than us we had loads of kids playing some only playing there 2nd game for the club so come the next game I was exspect a hell of a lot more from haven just remember it was a friendly nothing more 

What about the Keighley match. Keighley got beaten yesterday and we play them in a fortnight. I know friendlies are very different and scores don't mean a lot but surely preparations are being made for the real stuff

Me thinks he does protest too much. :girlwah: 

29 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

If you think that was havens first team you guys are way off the mark it was a friendly game barrow had a much stronger squad out yesterday than us we had loads of kids playing some only playing there 2nd game for the club so come the next game I was exspect a hell of a lot more from haven just remember it was a friendly nothing more 

1 person likes this