Forum MOM

redditchbulldog

As Stated end of last season, going to run a MOM for each game with ;player getting most votes getting 3 pts , 2nd getting 2 pts and 3 rd a point, where hopefully we can then present a forum trophy for player of the season voted by forum members . Voting will be open from end of the match closing .

I will post a new topic for each game and is open to home and away supporters that have attended that game .to vote on Batleys man of the match

Mods can one of you make this a sticky please so it stays near the top

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More reason for voting.

Is this for all league, cup and any super 8's if we are involved, and doe's it start with the Toulouse match.

Good stuff, hope others will take up the mantle on other Championship teams' forums too. As many will know Steve Slater has run something like this on the Fev forum for a number of years now and there's no doubt, with little TV coverage of the Championship, that you get a better overall idea of each team's strengths and weaknesses, and who is playing well, from fans who watch them every week than you do from journalists etc who might only see the odd game here and there.

Last season John Davies & Misi Taulapapa pulled well clear of everyone else in the voting at Fev and that was a pretty accurate indication of our standout performers over the season.

Good scheme. Lets hope all players get a mention not just the uaual scrum half, stand off and loose forward.

I must admit the flank of squires, smeaton and manning looked dangerous on Sunday

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not just in your opinion BB imo of course

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

redditchbulldog

how are you going to stop supporters from the " Dark side " having a vote?....can you monitor the voting ?.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

7 hours ago, RPH said:

redditchbulldog

how are you going to stop supporters from the " Dark side " having a vote?....can you monitor the voting ?.....

If those from the darkside go to the game they are more than welcome to vote as its open to all those that go to the game or in the unlikely hood of it been televised even those that watched it and i know some of the darkside attend our games Coolie BSJ to name  a few so why shouldn't they be allowed and TBF will have a neutral view and not just picking their favourite player

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

5 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

If those from the darkside go to the game they are more than welcome to vote as its open to all those that go to the game or in the unlikely hood of it been televised even those that watched it and i know some of the darkside attend our games Coolie BSJ to name  a few so why shouldn't they be allowed and TBF will have a neutral view and not just picking their favourite player

For the avoidance of doubt (and libel) I only attend Batley games when Dewsbury are playing them. If I were offered free admittance, however, I could be swayed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, distantdog said:

Yep. MOM for me.

Agreed. I thought Davey had his best game for Batley. He was all over the place with the ball (in a good way). Really creative and sharp. At one point I thought it was a new player I wasn't familiar with.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

19 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Good scheme. Lets hope all players get a mention not just the uaual scrum half, stand off and loose forward.

I think these things go the other way.

You see players that have played better than their usual standard picking these awards up. Consistently excellent players (e.g. Brambani, Brown last year) tend to miss out where another player has played above their usual game.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

That's why it's 1,2 and 3 room for movement.

Do you remember the days when we could mark down our preference and hand them in(John Players day).

It will be interesting to see how the species vary from the sponsors/directors judgements.

1 hour ago, PKK said:

Agreed. I thought Davey had his best game for Batley. He was all over the place with the ball (in a good way). Really creative and sharp. At one point I thought it was a new player I wasn't familiar with.

This! Certainly his best game since Leeds in the play-offs last season.

He was especially effective at the play the ball, always seeming to have time when choosing an option and really showed an eye for an opening. 

I hope it was a sign of things to come!

Both cain and davey can have blinders or very ordinary stints.

Cain was badly exposed alongside wheelbarrow but is effective in key with Brambani. I agree on davey sunday looked lethal

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, PKK said:

I think these things go the other way.

You see players that have played better than their usual standard picking these awards up. Consistently excellent players (e.g. Brambani, Brown last year) tend to miss out where another player has played above their usual game.

Thats why there will be  1 2 3 for each game so will be asking people to name  a 1 2 3 for each game with 1 getting 3 pts 2 getting 2 pts and 1 getting 1 pt so effectively the most consistent player over the season should win rather than a player who has played over his usual standard for a couple of games... as they say cream always rises to the top

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

3 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

Thats why there will be  1 2 3 for each game so will be asking people to name  a 1 2 3 for each game with 1 getting 3 pts 2 getting 2 pts and 1 getting 1 pt so effectively the most consistent player over the season should win rather than a player who has played over his usual standard for a couple of games... as they say cream always rises to the top

Not only cream rises to the top.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived