NRL SUPERCOACH 2017 TotalRLSCLeague17 FINAL POSITIONS ...TOTAL POINTS and HEAD2HEAD Chat Here; 2018 EARLY CHAT/NEWS

I could never make a manager, I am to sentimental to certain players and teams.;)

Funny though, in Supercoach, I found it takes a few goes to lose that lotalty thing somewhat.

Sometimes though it pays to be loyal - it's terrible to sell just before  player then hits a run of big scores.

Players CAN put you off them by the SC performances.

DCE for example.

I have had him in my teams over the years but I always gave up on him as he is so inconsistent and only performed well when I didn't have him in my squad. I just won't touch him now. There are one or two like that.

Another thing is not to be drawn into a lot of average type players. You usually end up gradually sinking ...

This has been my most lucrative season ever. I have been making money from the start. If only it was real money, I'd sell up and hit the big time!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a struggle for points this week again, despite there being only two teams on byes.

Injuries before and during the round plus players being rested after Origin were limiting factors for  some of us.

Let's have a look at our points first.

By looking at the Head2Head results image we can see our points best:

5950c6508ee3d_R16H2HGames.thumb.jpg.82b61c602b12fabf8ce7886230c74f15.jpg

Top scorer was James (1123) and his Flat Capper Select with Aaron (1121) xcheesybagelx just two points behind. Well done to both.

The others to break the 1,000 point barrier were:

David and his Saints and Sharks (1059) - great score on a tough week David.

David and his Anley Sea Eagles (1056)

Jack Spirit Squad (1007) Graham Fev Stormers (1005)

It was a toughie, so it was fair do's if you got into the 900's 

So here are the two ladders that follow on from those games. N.B. If you click on the images you can see them bigger and clearer.

5950c85f7118d_PointsAfterRound16.thumb.jpg.7200bb7d9596db4b672dd5d86b66a247.jpg

5950c864535ab_H2HR16SC.thumb.jpg.4d0ec03b43efe3064ba99484e8374113.jpg

As always it is good to hear from you. How did it go for you? What could it have been if only...

All the clubs play this week - no byes or Origin to intefere with our grand plans.

Good luck in Round 17 

Cheers,

Graham

Well that seems to have been a generally better week for us.

I suppose it helped that all the teams were playing in R17!

Here's how our individual scores turned out:

5959fd37b56ea_R17H2HGames.thumb.jpg.5b45244f577a97894a88ced50ac8b514.jpg

Game of the round had to be David's Anley Sea Eagles v Matt's Gorbag Shagrats with Matt coming out on top, a great perfomance against our ladder leader. Well done Matt.

Top scorer though was Rhys and his TheYearTwo James racking up 1270 pulsating points. James and his McKnight's Marvels were not far behind on 1266.

Well done to everyone in the 1100 or 1,000 point bracket. 12/20 of us had scores in excess of 1,000 points this round.

Here's how those scores and games affected our Points Total and H2H ladders:

5959fec618a35_PointsAfterRound17.thumb.jpg.e309262cd4745b27f7f716ea413ea206.jpg

There's five of us averaging over 1,000 points a round thus far in the season.

Round 18 will more than likely be the toughest round we have left to face being affected by Origin and 8 teams on byes.

Round 19 sees just six games with four teams on byes.

After that we hae a straight run in to the finish which is on the completion of Round 26 (not the Finals series)

Good luck in Round 18 then, I have a strong suspicion that we are going to need it.

Enjoy your Rugby League,

Graham

Week 18 Results:

I don't feel so bad losing to the highest score ;)

Anley Sea Eagles
def skimming
Fev Stormers
def Gorbag Shagrats
spirit squad
def by Flat Capper Select
Sherlock
def by LOD
Waggyz Gunz
def ST Domingos
Ash n Jake
def Springfield Atoms
Muenchen Storm
def by xcheesybagelx
TheYearTwo
def All$tars
Saints & Sharks
def by McKnight's Marvels
Thatcham Rabbitohs
def by Cranebrook Cougars

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Week 19 Results:

Congratulations to the winners commiserations to the losers:

Well done to Flat Capper Select and McKnight's Marvel on breaking the 1300 point barrier.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

15 hours ago, Graham said:

As I said, Hayne's a no go for me. Billy is a more genuine whole hearted player.

He's in sensational form. 5 round average of 91.4 is hard to pass up. 

21 hours ago, Graham said:

Well Billy was a good option until Soliola targeted his head and had him stretcered off.

Yep. I'm hoping that he's not out for long. From the sounds of it, Smith is a hold (could miss just one game), Surgess could play this round, but Gutho is a sell. Shame that's happened as I was just going to make the one trade this week (C Walker to Widdop). I've only 5 trades left so need to think long and hard about who to sell and who to buy.

I'll start my round up this week by thanking Irish Saint, who runs the Saints and Sharks team, for his sterling work while I was away. Top work!

This post is just a little later than usual by a few hours this week.

I've had a lot of catching up to do, and not just on the forum.

Here then are the results of the Head to Head matches this week.

5976320188b76_R20H2HGames.thumb.jpg.7e2884fbc5f4e6335ca7ce5bc1707b9f.jpg

12/20 of us have scores over 1,000 

I top scored with 1180 (Fev Stormers) but only just pipped James and his McKnight's Marvels on 1177. At one point before the revisions we were both on the same number of points. For once the changes went in my favour. Hard luck James.

Check the results and you'll see there were three relatively high scoring close games. The competition is hotting up generally as we move closer to the final stages of the H2H competition and with the overall points finishing line being at the end of Round 26 when the comp finishes.

Here then is how the ladders look after that round.

597633cf69632_PointsAfterRound20.thumb.jpg.be20ad117a25efd40710ad1b06be081c.jpg

Notice David and his Anley Sea Eagles are in a very very commendable position overall in the Supercoach comp for 2017 being placed in 609th! 

There are two or three teams that can still lift their averages to the 1,000 points a round total i.e. 26,000+ by the end of R26.

Hopefully those averaging over 1,000 points a round already will be able to at least maintain that.

The good scores stretching right down the ladder this week is really great to see. Well done all to concerned.

Now the H2H ladder. N.B. The Head2Head  Finals Series starts in R23, so there's not many regular rounds left to go!

5976350d03173_H2HR20SC.thumb.jpg.108b068f72aef259b98f232c790c7f64.jpg

Once more the ugly face of the comp that is 'player injuries and withdrawals' is making itself felt.

Good luck in that department to you.

Your comments and ideas are welcome and appreciated. 

Yours in Rugby League,

Graham :hi:

P.S. Click on the images if you need to see them bigger

Parramatta' push to the finals has taken a huge blow with confirmation superstar Clint Gutherson has suffered a season ending ACL injury.

“This is disappointing news for Clint and the team as he has been a strong contributor so far this season,” said coach Brad Arthur.

“We wish him all the best in his recovery and I am sure he will be back stronger then ever next season.”

“Despite this setback the team is more determined then ever to make a strong finish to the season.”

I brought Gutherson in last week to replace Johnson, sums up my luck this year. ?

I had planned on "nuffing" a few of my fringe players out but with all these injuries I'm holding trades to replace fallen guns.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

10 hours ago, Graham said:

Do you have Billy Slater in your squad?

Hold or sell?

It's probably worth holding him unless you have trades to burn.

Billy won't be playing this weekend (R21) but has said he will be back for the Cowboys game (R22)

Definate hold when you consider the lack of trades we all have. 

Summing up my R22 performance  - poor

I have a good squad - but in this round i made a poor choice of playing squad and appalling choice of captain.

Ah well 

Here's how the round went in our H2Hs

Remember:

• The leagues head-to-head competitions get under way from round 4. Everyone in the league plays against each other once from rounds 4 to 22.
  • Rounds 23-26 will comprise of a top 8 finals series, based around the real NRL finals system, to find the overall league premiers. 9th - 16th will also play off for the league's minor premiership. The bottom 4 teams will miss out on playing League Finals - however they'll continue to score points and play as usual in the overall competition, through to round 26.

597f872c93432_SCFixturesR222017.thumb.jpg.6a1fa68b370a8056332bfb976ee8c79c.jpg

Congratulations thse of you who got 1,000+ points in the round - just six of you.

Hard luck story of the round has to be Skimming (Brad) losing out to Simon's Muenchen Storm by just two points! Well done both of you in contesting the only fixture where both sides got more than a thousand points.

Here then is the resulting updated H2H Ladder after R21:

597f8912609af_Head2HeadAfterR212017.thumb.jpg.84322ac8afcea739735729b0f1304b2d.jpg

The overall points competition runs on until Round 26 after which it finishes. It does not continue for the Finals Series.

597f896051b3a_SCTotalPointsafterR222017.thumb.jpg.89f62d648676a3563dac54587c85ff9c.jpg

Good luck in R22

Graham

Archived