Sign in to follow this  
Hornetto

Who's picking Dewsbury's team at the weekend?

This is interesting - could force some very late changes to Glenn Morrison's plans. Unfair on the lads who've put in a hard pre-season: can't see the DRs giving it everything for the cause the week before SL starts.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/wakefield-trinity/wakefield-trinity-trinity-pair-set-to-play-for-rams-on-dual-reg-1-8362179

Prime example of why a lot of people don't like dual reg. I don't like the way Wakefield are clearly using Dewsbury as a tool to make sure their own players are fit for the season,possibly 4 may feature for the Rams,it could work against them really if they break down and take up two or more spots that could have been filled by Dewsbury's own fit players. Suppose it depends if the edict from Trinity say if they go on DR they have to play.  Setting a poor example for DR although completely within the rules. Doesn't make it right though. 

It's Chris Chester's causal tone - and the fact that it's the first game of Dewsbury's season - that caught my attention. DR works if both clubs respect each other's needs. But this - as you say - is Wakefield using Dewsbury's league opener as a training run for four players. Makes my teeth itch a bit.

On 31/01/2017 at 7:09 PM, roughyed34 said:

Prime example of why a lot of people don't like dual reg. I don't like the way Wakefield are clearly using Dewsbury as a tool to make sure their own players are fit for the season,possibly 4 may feature for the Rams,it could work against them really if they break down and take up two or more spots that could have been filled by Dewsbury's own fit players. Suppose it depends if the edict from Trinity say if they go on DR they have to play.  Setting a poor example for DR although completely within the rules. Doesn't make it right though. 

Wouldn't be the first to use Dewsbury as a tool for their own means

Not a fan of Dr

But if it has to be used,should only be there to.compliment your current squad...not be the life support machine.

• Like 1

Well I see David Fifita is reportedly going to play,dual registration from Wakefield,so Hornets had better watch out for him Like his brother Andrew,the bloke is a thug both on and off the field. 

5 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

Well I see David Fifita is reportedly going to play,dual registration from Wakefield,so Hornets had better watch out for him Like his brother Andrew,the bloke is a thug both on and off the field. 

Tbh I'll be disappointed if he does play as with Keegan Hirst because it's not at prop where we are short having named four props of our own. Max Jowett yes,in for our fullback Josh Guzdek who is out with a knee injury. Caton Brown to come in on the wing for Dale Morton who as a shoulder injury.

Good luck for the season,apart from when you play us of course.

13 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

Yeah - but he's never seen anything like Jo Taira - our Fijian wrecking ball.

Called it. Fifita/Hirst not arsed, Mason Caton Brown bombed to a standstill, Jowett broken, removed injured.

Hornets were imperious. What a start. T.O.T L.

• Like 1