Sign in to follow this  
lingard

LIFE MEMBERS

Recommended Posts

why am I hearing third hand that the club are not going to honour life membership next season and comments like 'you've had your monies worth.' 

IF this is correct I I am afraid Featherstone Rovers will of had their monies worth!  

Maureen I know you and Terry are in the same boat what have you heard?

MY Life membership cost me £1750 about 5 years ago, hardly a return on my investment. Each year I buy a further 4 season tickets for my family and obviously other merchandise.  again if this is true I shall support another team and say good bye to Featherstone Rovers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by lingard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the forum other day Davide Longo said life memberships will be honoured but there would be a meeting with life members to discuss 2018 and beyond

It was a few days ago this so memory has gone a bit but they (the board) definately havent forgotten about it

Dont know who you third party source is Lingard but they are, at this stage definately mistaken!

Edited by elppaxr2i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lingard said:

why am I hearing third hand that the club are not going to honour life membership next season and comments like 'you've had your monies worth.' 

IF this is correct I I am afraid Featherstone Rovers will of had their monies worth!  

Maureen I know you and Terry are in the same boat what have you heard?

MY Life membership cost me £1750 about 5 years ago, hardly a return on my investment. Each year I buy a further 4 season tickets for my family and obviously other merchandise.  again if this is true I shall support another team and say good bye to Featherstone Rovers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hiya, it's a question I emailed to the club for the fans forum as I'd been hearing the rumours etc, and Lorne posted something to the same effect on Facebook. I know I wasn't at fans forum to hear the answers but I'd friends messaging me with what was said as I was out of the country on holiday, but I thought it was a good idea to get it out in the open so people know. We paid that money in good faith when the club was on its knees and was appealling for supporters to help them out "in their hour of need".

Ive sponsored a players kit every year since or even before I bought my life membership, which years ago cost more than a season ticket anyway, Terry as kit sponsored before too, but there's only so much you can do on his pension so he hasn't done it this year, the list is endless but I won't bore you with it. I await the meeting in anticipation  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     Don't know how many life members there are,but is it worth upsetting dedicated fans who dug deep when the club needed extra finance.They bought life memberships in good faith and for me they should stand.We are FEV a club driven by its supporters god help if we turn into a money grabbing entity like Premier League Football clubs.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lingard said:

why am I hearing third hand that the club are not going to honour life membership next season and comments like 'you've had your monies worth.' 

IF this is correct I I am afraid Featherstone Rovers will of had their monies worth!  

Maureen I know you and Terry are in the same boat what have you heard?

MY Life membership cost me £1750 about 5 years ago, hardly a return on my investment. Each year I buy a further 4 season tickets for my family and obviously other merchandise.  again if this is true I shall support another team and say good bye to Featherstone Rovers.

Will be me done with the Club too. I got the 'you've had your monies worth' reply when I enquired about tickets for a couple of the games in the 8s last season despite the letter that came with my 'life' membership (supposedly) guaranteeing me entry to any game in any competition where the gate isn't shared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is true about these lifetime memberships not being honoured, it's absolutely disgusting and tarnishes the game.These people helped the club when it was on its knees.For them to say"you've had your monies worth"is rude and disrespectful. I sincerely hope Lingard has his wires crossed. I can't believe I'm reading something like this about a rugby league club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down. They can't take already life members out of the equation. Once you pay for life membership, you enter an agreement which would make it illegal for them to kick you off it. They can scrap the life memberships but have to honour current life members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are back to contracts again. A contract is a contract as said above by Rovers Forever. The only way to cancel it is for the club to kill you all off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ROVERS FOREVER said:

Calm down. They can't take already life members out of the equation. Once you pay for life membership, you enter an agreement which would make it illegal for them to kick you off it. They can scrap the life memberships but have to honour current life members.

So why are they calling a meeting for life members to attend in next couple of weeks ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably there is a written agreement when members signed up. What does that say? With regard to the meeting there could be a number of things. Perhaps because of the existing contracts they are going to ask for an agreement to alterations in the agreement so a time limit is put on in future. It could be when your original amount has been covered in time then a new contract is to be taken out. If they had carte blanche they would not be calling a meeting, they would just make an announcement. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

So why are they calling a meeting for life members to attend in next couple of weeks ??

That I am not sure on, but I know they can't take that privilege away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice refused a programme which I am entitled to as part of my membership.  The way this club is treating it's loyal members is an absolute disgrace.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not many things I criticise the board for because on the whole they always make decisions which they think will better the club.  However I know the folk who took this offer up and they are the most loyal set of supporters you could ever wish to meet and deserve to be treated much better.

We aren't a big enough club to risk losing our most loyal supporters, so I just hope they come to there senses soon. It could be the fact that these folk are so loyal that Featherstone Rovers is a big part of there life so will put up with anything, however it's a very wrong and a very dangerous game to play.

I really hope the club honor these deals because it's the only correct and right thing to do. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ian (Pencil) Elliott said:

There's not many things I criticise the board for because on the whole they always make decisions which they think will better the club.  However I know the folk who took this offer up and they are the most loyal set of supporters you could ever wish to meet and deserve to be treated much better.

We aren't a big enough club to risk losing our most loyal supporters, so I just hope they come to there senses soon. It could be the fact that these folk are so loyal that Featherstone Rovers is a big part of there life so will put up with anything, however it's a very wrong and a very dangerous game to play.

I really hope the club honor these deals because it's the only correct and right thing to do. 

Featherstone Rovers as been in my life from the day I was born (being born into a rugby league family) I bought my membership with a unexpected insurance policy pay out  that myself and my Sister received (which we didn't know of exsisted) 5 years after my dear Dad passed away, I saw it as a sign as it was for the very amount of £1500 required for the membership, it now rather tarnishes that memory as to why I invested the money to help the club which was a big part of my Dads and my life. It's not all about the money, it's about the principle of the whole thing 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maureen, please do not let us go down the same path as the unfortunate Bulls supporters and their season ticket fiasco with all the negative publicity. Its not just a case of money but many people donated many hours of effort  to the club over this difficult period in lieu of monetary payment.  For the club to fail to honour their commitments is also a slight on the many volunteers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Maureen, please do not let us go down the same path as the unfortunate Bulls supporters and their season ticket fiasco with all the negative publicity. Its not just a case of money but many people donated many hours of effort  to the club over this difficult period in lieu of monetary payment.  For the club to fail to honour their commitments is also a slight on the many volunteers.

So do you want us to just sit back and say nowt, we've had no communication about this pre season and only learnt about it when someone "leaked" it, no wonder people are up in arms about it!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maureen, with all due respect, you have totally misconstrued my comments. My stating,"don't let us go down the same path as the Bulls" meant to highlight the negative and destructive publicity which the Bulls received in the press and amongst their own supporters with regard to the season ticket payments. Obviously, if there is to be no satisfactory solution to our present crisis, then the same fate will happen at the Rovers. Tha like a dog wi a bone Maureen. Stick to your guns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Maureen, with all due respect, you have totally misconstrued my comments. My stating,"don't let us go down the same path as the Bulls" meant to highlight the negative and destructive publicity which the Bulls received in the press and amongst their own supporters with regard to the season ticket payments. Obviously, if there is to be no satisfactory solution to our present crisis, then the same fate will happen at the Rovers. Tha like a dog wi a bone Maureen. Stick to your guns.

 

Thank you and accept my apologies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we jumping hurdles before we get to them? We don't know what the meeting is going to say. It would be a laugh if the board want to give Life Members a bonus for their support after all the adverse speculation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here