Hvy wg

Castleford signs Larroyer

16 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

All in the title, really.

And loaned to the Bulls 

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

And loaned to the Bulls 

Yup. Forgot that part! Not all in the title then...

Whatever happened to those Bradford recruits A N Other, S O Else, A Newman, A Trialist?

It long stopped being a joke.

54 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Whatever happened to those Bradford recruits A N Other, S O Else, A Newman, A Trialist?

What's the problem?

2 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

He has had no pre season or game time since October. Castleford probably sent a circular round to a few clubs saying we need Larroyer to get match for a month any takers? Can't see any problem here. Glad the guy is getting back on his feet after losing his contract. He can be a really handy player if he gets his mojo back.

1 person likes this

Pleased Larroyer has found a club. Versatile player who's always impressed me with his work rate and strength. Will be interesting to see where Bradford will play him.

Not Larroyer' biggest fan to be fair but I think our squad looked a bit shallow so provides a fair bit of experience and depth and id guess not costing a packet.  Hopefully having another French lad around will convince Springer to extend his stay!

Cas have also signed Alex Foster on a trial with a view to a 2 year deal to add further depth, wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a good player.

Both add to depth and competition for places.

Phase two of Operation "Get Every French Player Playing Under Daryl Powell before the WC" is underway.

Anyone know why KR let him go, I got the impression it was an easy way to reduce their wage bill (following their relegation) rather than not being happy with his performances?

6 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Hopefully having another French lad around will convince Springer to extend his stay!

Love it when a plan comes together!

2 hours ago, Southerner said:

Anyone know why KR let him go, I got the impression it was an easy way to reduce their wage bill (following their relegation) rather than not being happy with his performances?

I have always been a Larroyer supporter but he had a very poor season being both injured and unimpressive in any games he actually played. Loaned to Newcastle and he probably had his worst game in UK.

He was at end of contract and was gone with or without relegation. Hope he restarts his career at Cas but expect he will do little to help Bradford. Please Kevin prove me wrong.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Bullseye said:

What's the problem?

Are Bradford establishing their own team or just accepting every player that is lent to them for a match or two?

Is it really fair to the teams they are playing or their own fans who must struggle to identify with their team?

That's my problem, the credibility of the Championship.

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

I have always been a Larroyer supporter but he had a very poor season being both injured and unimpressive in any games he actually played. Loaned to Newcastle and he probably had his worst game in UK.

He was at end of contract and was gone with or without relegation. Hope he restarts his career at Cas but expect he will do little to help Bradford. Please Kevin prove me wrong.

His main problems is "not showing up for France" and "95kg forward" syndromes. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Not Larroyer' biggest fan to be fair but I think our squad looked a bit shallow so provides a fair bit of experience and depth and id guess not costing a packet.  Hopefully having another French lad around will convince Springer to extend his stay!

Cas have also signed Alex Foster on a trial with a view to a 2 year deal to add further depth, wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a good player.

Both add to depth and competition for places.

I suppose Larroyer is a similar sort of player to Mariano. Foster would be a really good signing in my opinion, I was disappointed Leeds let him go in the first place 

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I suppose Larroyer is a similar sort of player to Mariano. Foster would be a really good signing in my opinion, I was disappointed Leeds let him go in the first place 

Hopefully luckier with injuries than Mariano!

Agree re Foster - hopefully another Powell and co can help develop his potential.

1 person likes this