Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Todd Carney visa approved

Good news, pleased for Salford who have had some bad luck with pre-season injuries. They're talking about him being ready for the following week against Leeds. Off topic but can't see Salford beating Giants away tonight and therefore I expect them to start to season with 3 straight losses. Hopefully they can become more competitive once Carney arrives (providing he can stay fit as his track record at Cats wasn't good).

Wonder what's changed from when he had his VISA refused when we signed him? maybe we didn't have enough "brown paper bags" :)

39 minutes ago, meast said:

Wonder what's changed from when he had his VISA refused when we signed him? maybe we didn't have enough "brown paper bags" :)

Or more likely you winged it rather than paying for a decent immigration lawyer.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, meast said:

Nah.Change of government wot dun it.

The Labour lot no good.

Last time we beat the Aussies - Tories in charge.

Those Americans let in Cantona - convicted of assault at Crystal Palace - to work

Also Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/French surname - and she erm,worked,singing a song but the Americans ain't supposed to let convicted people into their country...to work.

Donald will sort it ... 

Todd Carney has been fired by four clubs: Canberra Raiders, Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks, and Catalans Dragons. in all instances the reason has been the same: he was found drunk and disorderly (in the Cronulla case with a touch of bizarre degeneracy)..

Prediction: Todd Carney will be getting drunk some time this season and will be causing mayhem at local establishments with whomever in the Salford team he can link up with as his drinking mate. The more he is unfit to play, the more he will get drunk. So Salford needs to try to get him playing ASAP.  Salford also need to have a disciplinary clause in his contract which allows them to tear up his contract if he gets drunk and misbehaves in the manner that I have described. They also need to impose an alcohol ban and have him join a local branch of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Edited by Manfred Mann

3 hours ago, kiyan said:

Or more likely you winged it rather than paying for a decent immigration lawyer.

Perhaps it's owing to the length of time since his last conviction.

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Great player when he has his mind to it and fit.

Salford is an opportunity for him to compare Tatts with the Salford lasses.

Assuming you mean the female fans and are not just 'having a go' at the Salford team, I expect he will come up short in any such comparison.:tongue:

Clubs always hope / believe these players have changed etc but unfortunately it becomes same old same old sooner or later in many cases 

Edited by DavidM

Great news I'm very happy Carney will be back playing again & I wish him luck with injuries. The biggest mistake Todds made is playing for 4 rubbish clubs with terrible cultures.

43 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Great news I'm very happy Carney will be back playing again & I wish him luck with injuries. The biggest mistake Todds made is playing for 4 rubbish clubs with terrible cultures.

Yeah sure, totally not his fault he's on the ###### and god knows why 24/7.

I hope he's going to play at Perpignan. Shouldn't be leaving the pitch with his head still right on the shoulders.

Edited by Hvy wg

1 hour ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Are you including Salford in those 4 rubbish clubs? If not, make it 5 rubbish clubs with terrible cultures now. (And I'm a Salford fan!)

9 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Yeah sure, totally not his fault he's on the ###### and god knows why 24/7.

I hope he's going to play at Perpignan. Shouldn't be leaving the pitch with his head still right on the shoulders.

That's not very nice now is it :negative:.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

8 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Are you including Salford in those 4 rubbish clubs? If not, make it 5 rubbish clubs with terrible cultures now. (And I'm a Salford fan!)

I wish him well at Salford, It's an improvement on his previous three clubs.

4 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

I wish him well at Salford, It's an improvement on his previous three clubs.

Take a plane to Perpignan mate, I'd buy you a beer.

• Like 1

Some hope he won't, some hope he will and some are sure he can't help himself.

Well I'm glad we've cleared that up!

11 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Take a plane to Perpignan mate, I'd buy you a beer.

Bit far but if I'm ever in the area I'll take you up on that kind gesture. I do hope the French are better at brewing beer than they are and running RL clubs though.

1 hour ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Bit far but if I'm ever in the area I'll take you up on that kind gesture. I do hope the French are better at brewing beer than they are and running RL clubs though.

We're not that much "beer people". We are "wine people". At least in the south. The more you go North-East the more we drew beer, then you arrive in Germany/Belgium and you're in beer heaven.