Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenilworth Tiger

Gadwin extends his contract

8 posts in this topic

Great news - Gadwin Springer signs for 2 more years.

His game under Powell has come on leaps and bounds and this contract extension really pleases me

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Great news - Gadwin Springer signs for 2 more years.

His game under Powell has come on leaps and bounds and this contract extension really pleases me

Plenty more to come from him, from what we've seen, and Castleford's the right place for that potential to be maximised.

Edited by Futtocks
1 person likes this

Just shows what good coaching will do.  Cats should never have let him go.

Defense looks much better.  Positioning himself better and seems more alert.  Game intelligence seems to have improved all round.  Looked even bigger than last season when I saw him in person at the ground too!

Noticed he seemed to be making a beeline for Hock at times last game probably asked to target him by Powell and did it very well IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Defense looks much better.  Positioning himself better and seems more alert.  Game intelligence seems to have improved all round.  Looked even bigger than last season when I saw him in person at the ground too!

Noticed he seemed to be making a beeline for Hock at times last game probably asked to target him by Powell and did it very well IMO. 

He's still got some way to go in all those aspects but he has improved and has the potential to improve further over the next couple of years. He's at the right place and could become a top forward 

16 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

He's still got some way to go in all those aspects but he has improved and has the potential to improve further over the next couple of years. He's at the right place and could become a top forward 

Yep still room for improvement, although to be fair most props his age are still improving.

The improvement over the last 12 months has been immense, he was a liability in defence during his 1st (part) season as a Cas player, seemed to get in the way in attack and lost the ball all too often.  None of those are major issues at present, although undoubtedly still learning.

Edited by Gates1
Error