MOM Batley V Featherstone

redditchbulldog

53 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

You are  also welcome to go on the Fev forum and vote for their Man of the match too.

We're rather hoping there isn't one SS :clapping:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On today's showing I'm struggling,

1, Dave Scott ever reliable.

2, Shaun Ainscough, he never gave up.

3, Dom Brambini, a try on his 300th appearance.

Smeaton - the contest with Knowles was great fun to watch

Dom - for his try

Scott - solid

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Can only think of 2 

1 dave scott solid as ever 

2 dane manning always gives is all

3 brad day

was a very tough decision because i dont really beleive anybody covered themselves in glory and i honestly think the 300 games thing went to brambanis heads caught in possesion far too many times

Not many came out with much credit today, thought Scott did well, Smeaton also had a decent game in the centre and we had the usual solid effort from Walker and Manning.

not sure what game some were watching, I appreciate it was Brambanis 300th game but other than the try he was largely anonymous, as were a lot of the pack.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Some strong inputs despite the scoreline whilst othere just never got going. 

Scott-find it hard to fault him in any game but today he set a plateau that just never got built on

Smeaton-got through some right graft,with a smile on his face

Lillycrop-doesn't know when to give in.

smeaton.plenty of hard work and some good tackles

scott. always looks safe under the high ball and gets out a danger.

manning. tough as old boot.

outsmarted by fev from from the off.thacks ran the show and they all seemed well up for it.too much one man stuff near the line for me that came to nothing. how we went from how we looked last week to today i dont know but hope its not a sign of whats to come.:aggressive:

Hoping I can give my opinion as a Fev Fan!

1 - Lilycrop - I thought he ran hard and well. He just kept going!

2 - Walker - Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball near our line.

3 - Dom Brambani - As soon as he got any space, looked very dangerous too. He will play better once the grounds start to firm up a bit. A great achievement by a great player.

In my League Express report I gave my overall M.O.M. to Fev's Keal Carlile, but the Bulldogs M.O.M. to Alistair Leak because I thought both hookers were excellent. My second for Batley would be Dave Scott and the third Walker. I would have picked Brambani in the three because of his try, but in other areas he was clearly second best to Thackeray, when before the game I would have expected the individual try to come from the Fev no.7 but Dom to win in terms of game management and creating chances, although he was playing behind a beaten pack.

1. Leak

2. Scott

3. Walker

Good thread RB by the way, keep it up.

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

In my League Express report I gave my overall M.O.M. to Fev's Keal Carlile, but the Bulldogs M.O.M. to Alistair Leak because I thought both hookers were excellent. My second for Batley would be Dave Scott and the third Walker. I would have picked Brambani in the three because of his try, but in other areas he was clearly second best to Thackeray, when before the game I would have expected the individual try to come from the Fev no.7 but Dom to win in terms of game management and creating chances, although he was playing behind a beaten pack.

1. Leak

2. Scott

3. Walker

Good thread RB by the way, keep it up.

Really???? He played on his own way too much, doesnt seem to like passing the ball.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

I have to agree with Steve Slaters independent view I thought both 9s were good today Leak getting criticised here for taking the ball in but in a few occasions he had no choices as there was no one there or anything organised,that wasn't his fault .His work rate in defence is not questionable

Dom didn't have a great game to be fair ,if he pulls the strings we play well

The try's didn't come through the forwards,I think they just about held their own 

It was wide where the problem came from and where their tries came from !

Dave Scott is totally safe at the back under any high ball but as an attacking force I'm not sure 

Leak

Lillycrop

Smeaton 

Brambani seemed to spend a lot of the game tackling Chris Ulugia. He stood up to that challenge very well (Ulugia gave Oldham massive problems last week), but you wonder how much it took out of him, and he was playing behind a strangely subdued pack...Brown in particular looked a shadow of the player from last season, is he carrying an injury perhaps?

Archived