Haven reaction

townie88

10 hours ago, westizbest said:

What about the back slapping from newton in the big team hug after a town forward pass lol I've never seen anything like it :) 

still need an explanation on why the yellow card fiasco 

I am pleased that we didnt keep him,he looks like he will take up the panto villain role when spongebob hangs up his shorts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good performance in poor conditions, most pleasing aspect has got to be the goaline defence, much improved at the play the ball and for me the highlight was when under intense pressure Forster was driven back by 3 town men 10metres before he eventually knocked on and must say I did enjoy the Shackley knock on and subsequent ribbing by Big Brett. The team looks committed but also entertaining on the eye. Long season but things look positive , Saturday will be a good indicator against a developing Newcastle but the pitch should allow some good rugby.

Mom for me was tough to choose but Howarth is pure quality......

On 19/02/2017 at 6:54 PM, Town0682 said:

The attitude, team spirit & commitment of our lads was outstanding today. Although the conditions weren't the best I could see 1st half the attacking structures & running lines which have obviously been worked on in training & will see us getting plenty of scoring opportunities this season.

The brandishing a yellow card then just playing on after Forster complained was baffling.

Havens best player was the pitch. Saved a few tries I reckon.

Well down Town.

Can see on the DVD that newton late hit Callum but then just moved back sheepishly and let Forster take the rap then argue his case . The ref seemed to listen to this then look over at the touchie and say ' he says it wasn't him ' , so none of them having a clue who did it , they couldn't do owt ! Suffice to say newton didnt put his hand up or say anything 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Can see on the DVD that newton late hit Callum but then just moved back sheepishly and let Forster take the rap then argue his case . The ref seemed to listen to this then look over at the touchie and say ' he says it wasn't him ' , so none of them having a clue who did it , they couldn't do owt ! Suffice to say newton didnt put his hand up or say anything 

The RFL will have him - it was that blatant they cant not punish him .

12 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

The RFL will have him - it was that blatant they cant not punish him .

...and heavily I hope, Callum takes a lot of late hits and quite a few are missed on the day. I hope they clobber Newton, especially with that craven 'it wasn't me' crud. Needs a strong disincentive to those who look to take the talented players out of the game

31 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Callum takes more head shots than any player i ve known in a Town shirt , with Stack a close second , seems our talented players have always been targeted .

Same for any decent player marra on any team was newts shot a bad un on callum can't remember seeing out happen at the game

Having a close look at the game again I was very impressed with McAuley Davies in attack and especially defence .Put some big shots on . And looked a very good combo with Chamberlain who ran strongly and looks a strike centre given good grounds . Ritson is a cert at the back and I can see him getting a shed load of tries , and I think JP is a cert to when fit . It's huge nowadays to have wingers who can drive it out of their own end and he's great at that . Phil Joseph looked a lot more comfy in the middle , you really want him involved as much as possible . Star says big Alex may figure so that's all good 

51 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Having a close look at the game again I was very impressed with McAuley Davies in attack and especially defence .Put some big shots on . And looked a very good combo with Chamberlain who ran strongly and looks a strike centre given good grounds . Ritson is a cert at the back and I can see him getting a shed load of tries , and I think JP is a cert to when fit . It's huge nowadays to have wingers who can drive it out of their own end and he's great at that . Phil Joseph looked a lot more comfy in the middle , you really want him involved as much as possible . Star says big Alex may figure so that's all good 

Good that alex is nearing a return, but imo along way off being anywhere near our pack with how the lads have performed so far. 

On the subject of newton, it must be hard for him to take that his clubs biggest rivals have 4 hookers who are head and shoulders better than him. Callum,howarth,dowsett and jamie are all comfortably better players than him. Question is, how on earth was he ever on hulls books?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

7 hours ago, donald said:

Same for any decent player marra on any team was newts shot a bad un on callum can't remember seeing out happen at the game

You're starting to sound like Arsene Wenger ---he never sees owt either !  Newton put the cheapest of shots on Callum then ran off and hid behind his team mates like the s*it house that he is. If he doesn't get a significant ban then the RFL is as pathetic as I've always thought.

A

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Lets hope big Alex isnt two weeks away????

9 hours ago, donald said:

Top players who are a real threat always get targeted as callum , howarth and tee were in the 2 games against haven , the problem is the ref who needs to spot this early and nip it in the bud but the standard of ref in this league will , I'm afraid , mean more will go missed than get seen . dont see how anyone could miss the cheap shot on callum and the rfl should surely give at least a one game ban .

53 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I have never ever seen a ref change his mind like that . Very very weak and poor but we better get used to it

At the end of the day it was a yellow card offence. He should have stuck to his guns and awarded the yellow to who he thought was guilty. Mistaken identity isn't good but atleast the offending team is punished.  The ref was poor in genral. Haven milked penalties galore out of him.

22 hours ago, town4me said:

At the end of the day it was a yellow card offence. He should have stuck to his guns and awarded the yellow to who he thought was guilty. Mistaken identity isn't good but atleast the offending team is punished.  The ref was poor in genral. Haven milked penalties galore out of him.

Agreed . And least said about the ref the better . Many of those ruck penalties were total nothings 

27 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Poor weather ... west hull must be bouncing for this 

This will suit Havens narrow tactics down to the ground as all they did against us was either give the forwards crash balls,  Newton to try and sneak over close in or try and hit McAvoy on the fringe. One dimensional.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived