Thunder away

homeandawayer

This should be a stiffer test with them stuffing Haven and Hunslet. We haven't shipped many points in any of our games so far so it'll be interesting to see how we get on against a free scoring team.

There's a wet week predicted so that slog on Sunday could stand us in good stead, looking forward to it though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think newcastle could be the surprise team this season but a team if we want to be top 4 or higher need to beat. Away on the artificial pitch should suit them, but id certainly expect it to be a different story in a couple of weeks up here

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Don t expect us to win this week end they have recruited well . Still think we will be competetive and expect a close score either way .i actually would prefer to win the cup game than the league game , the challenge cup is the only realistic chance we have of making money , a good cup draw against a top side means cash into the Club coffers . 

Call me old fashioned but it's the start of the season with a fit squad. I'd want two wins at Newcastle both in the league and cup, the lads have already exceeded my expectations with how they are playing so just go for it. When we are in the top two of the league and the quarter finals of the challenge cup we will maybe have to prioritise then. :P

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The Squad:

Ritson, Hambley, Chamberlain, Forber, Doran, Coward, C. Phillips, Scholey, B. Phillips, Szostak, Howarth, Dowsett, Curwen, Rooke, Davies, Shelford, Joseph, Fitzsimmons, Singleton.

An exciting unit that will enjoy playing on their fast pitch!

1 hour ago, Supporter said:

The Squad:

Ritson, Hambley, Chamberlain, Forber, Doran, Coward, C. Phillips, Scholey, B. Phillips, Szostak, Howarth, Dowsett, Curwen, Rooke, Davies, Shelford, Joseph, Fitzsimmons, Singleton.

An exciting unit that will enjoy playing on their fast pitch!

Good to see connor back fit

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

9 hours ago, Bearintown said:

Don't recognise many Thunder names last week.  Where they all come from?

Thunder transfer in players: Jack Aldous (York City Knights); Kruse Robinson (Yass Magpies); Liam McAvoy (Workington Town); Liam Scott (Wallsend Eagles); Brett Waller (York City Knights); Corbyn Kilday (Swinton Lions); Tyler Craig (York City Knights); Danny Nicklas (York City Knights).

Thunder's 19 man squad includes five internationals in the form of former England wing Peter Fox, current Jamaican centre Joe Brown, Welsh prop Matty Barron and Cook Island duo Vincent Rennie and Aaron Terri.

Alongside these established Thunder players, six of the above new additions also make the squad.

19 Man Squad: Harry Aldous, Jack Aldous, Matty Barron, Joe Brown, Rhys Clarke, Tyler Craig, Peter Fox, Benn Hardcastle, Corbyn Kilday, Sam Luckley, Liam McAvoy, Danny Nicklas, Derrell Olpherts, Daniel Parker, Vincent Rennie, Evan Simons, Aaron Teroi, Brett Waller, Lewis Young.

Archived